Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 01, 2014, 05:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about pumps...  (Read 1783 times)
JOHN MATRIX
Getbig V

democrats care more about Illegals than americans

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:20:54 AM »

How long can one maintain a pump? Is there any benefit to maintaining one for a long time or is it just extra strain on the heart? I was stuck at the gym longer than usual last time, i had long finished my workout but figured i may as well keep lifting until i could leave...ended up lifting for like 2 1/2 hours and was barely able to lift anything lol. But i wondered is there any benefit to maintaining a pump for extended periods of time? Or once you exert your muscles to a point(a normal workout), will lifting further do nothing more than wear out your joints?
Also, do you think there is any benefit to doing a certain movement until pumped many times a day? For example doing a movement in my office to work my bis/side delts until pumped every hour or so( Grin) or is it pointless and less effective than doing a single typical workout for the same muscle groups?
Report to moderator   Logged
wild willie
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:59:09 AM »

why train for 2 and a half hours?Huh

all that happens is that you essentially train the pump away.

one hour max is all you need to spend training......imho
TheShape
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »

one hour max is all you need to spend training......imho
Montague
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »

How long can one maintain a pump? Is there any benefit to maintaining one for a long time or is it just extra strain on the heart? I was stuck at the gym longer than usual last time, i had long finished my workout but figured i may as well keep lifting until i could leave...ended up lifting for like 2 1/2 hours and was barely able to lift anything lol. But i wondered is there any benefit to maintaining a pump for extended periods of time? Or once you exert your muscles to a point(a normal workout), will lifting further do nothing more than wear out your joints?
Also, do you think there is any benefit to doing a certain movement until pumped many times a day? For example doing a movement in my office to work my bis/side delts until pumped every hour or so( Grin) or is it pointless and less effective than doing a single typical workout for the same muscle groups?

All a pump definitively means is that there is excessive blood in the muscle. Since blood carries oxygen and nutrients for delivery, I would consider this a good thing insofar as "feeding" the muscle tissue. However, a specific rep range is required for hypertrophy, so don't think that a pump is ALL that you need.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:50:56 AM »

the Body adapts very fast to a Stimulus. I have even noticed a pump with 5 reps! i was very surprised but after 3 sets of 5 reps Benches i got a pump in my chest, i then dropped to 3 reps with more weight on my last set.
Montague
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:29:20 AM »

the Body adapts very fast to a Stimulus. I have even noticed a pump with 5 reps! i was very surprised but after 3 sets of 5 reps Benches i got a pump in my chest, i then dropped to 3 reps with more weight on my last set.

I've experienced this phenomenon, as well. I believe part of it may have to do with my pre-training nutrient intake. Carbs seem to help facilitate a pump for me even at lower reps.
wild willie
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:53:10 PM »

All a pump definitively means is that there is excessive blood in the muscle. Since blood carries oxygen and nutrients for delivery, I would consider this a good thing insofar as "feeding" the muscle tissue. However, a specific rep range is required for hypertrophy, so don't think that a pump is ALL that you need.
a pump is quite important......so is food and rest......but yes......the pump is pretty damn important!
Montague
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 03:03:56 PM »

a pump is quite important......so is food and rest......but yes......the pump is pretty damn important!

Thanks, Lee!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
 Wink
wild willie
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 04:50:24 PM »

ALL IN GOOD FUN! Wink
falco
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »

If you need a pump this is the way to go:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajRyKSFvtj8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajRyKSFvtj8</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!