Author Topic: Berry DeMey......... then and now  (Read 37995 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: BERRY DeMey.........then and now
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »
i like the highlights
L

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:28:47 AM »
Berry was the first Pro I ever met when I vacationed in Venice (at Joe Bucci's now Best Western) back in 1989. I went to get my hair cut at Locks, Stock & Barrel or whatever it was called and the hot girl cutting my hair had Berry's photo on her mirror. I asked if she knew him and she said that was her boyfriend. I didn't believe her, but she told me to come by the next day at the same time. I showed up and walked in and she was cutting someone's hair facing the other way. I said, "Is he coming?" and she spun the chair around and there was Berry, grinning widely.

I'll post some pics of this momentous event right after I finish giving myself some "Demey" highlights.

If I'm not mistaken, Ron Popeil used to market that as GLH. I've seen it in the Vegas gambling pits; never in real life.  :D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
For all metrosexuals paying attention, that photo was taken shortly after application and before rinsing. The final product was much more stunning.

Why Ripitup's nose is growing from highlighting my hair is a mystery. Perhaps some rare allergy?
BigNationRadio.com

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »
For all metrosexuals paying attention, that photo was taken shortly after application and before rinsing. The final product was much more stunning.

Why Ripitup's nose is growing from highlighting my hair is a mystery. Perhaps some rare allergy?
How long have you and Ripitup known each other? Really long time no?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »
Berry was the first Pro I ever met when I vacationed in Venice (at Joe Bucci's now Best Western) back in 1989. I went to get my hair cut at Locks, Stock & Barrel or whatever it was called and the hot girl cutting my hair had Berry's photo on her mirror. I asked if she knew him and she said that was her boyfriend. I didn't believe her, but she told me to come by the next day at the same time. I showed up and walked in and she was cutting someone's hair facing the other way. I said, "Is he coming?" and she spun the chair around and there was Berry, grinning widely.

I'll post some pics of this momentous event right after I finish giving myself some "Demey" highlights.

It's Paper, Rock, Scissors. It's right next to the hotel where you were staying. I think...
a

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 11:03:07 AM »
It's Paper, Rock, Scissors. It's right next to the hotel where you were staying. I think...
Yes! That's it! Thanks T-Bone!
BigNationRadio.com

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »
Isn't it just a bit interesting that facially DeMey looks YOUNGER today than many of the current Pros?

A waist like Cutler! LOL.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
Does anybody know if Berry has a gym in Netherlands?

he's a photographer now dude  :D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 12:19:30 PM »
Many of the tall dudes didn't weigh enough in the 1980's. Berry Demey, Bob Paris, Mike Christian (all over 6'0") got up to 250 pounds but didn't look it. Now guys who are half a foot shorter weigh 40 pounds more than they did back then. These were men who could have carried 270-280 pounds on their frames and caused some serious damage in competition. The only exception was 250 pound Haney, who had a perfect combination of cuts and MASS.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:21:33 PM »
Many of the tall dudes didn't weigh enough in the 1980's. Berry Demey, Bob Paris, Mike Christian (all over 6'0") got up to 250 pounds but didn't look it. Now guys who are half a foot shorter weigh 40 pounds more than they did back then. These were men who could have carried 270-280 pounds on their frames and caused some serious damage in competition. The only exception was 250 pound Haney, who had a perfect combination of cuts and MASS.

Come on, Mike Crhistian was huge, at east the upper body.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
Come on, Mike Crhistian was huge, at east the upper body.

I'm not saying he wasn't, but when put next to Haney, he came across as being quite narrow in the upper torso. As for legs, they were pretty much non-existant.

Banner

• Getbig II
  • Don't make me angry.
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
Berry DeMey was a fantastic bodybuilder. And he was much like Bob Paris in that, when you saw him in the gym, he looked much bigger than pictures portrayed. Nice guy, too. I watched him train (Jim Quinn, as well) at the Powerhouse Gym on Queensway here in Toronto one Saturday afternoon in the early 90s when he was a part of the WBF.

Sure you did mother fucker. Bring up your stars and then you can come post with the big boys.  >:(

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »
These guys look awesome compared to todays bloated messes!!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 01:34:36 PM »
Sure you did mother fucker. Bring up your stars and then you can come post with the big boys.  >:(
Sure I did, what? Watch Berry and Jim train? What's so remarkable about seeing a pro work out? Hell, I've seen many top bodybuilders and elite powerlifters train. Ate and hung around with many, too. I was a one-time assistant editor for MuscleMag International, managing editor for Peak Training Journal and am currently an online editor for MuscleMag's website.

I'm almost 270. Big enough?  ::)   

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 01:37:16 PM »
DEMEY is holding his own in most bodyparts with haney in that pic.,but can't touch haneys back thickness,that why lee was the champ.at least in that pose,but from front haneys chest was thicker than most if not all.but berry was a great bber and conditioned to the tttt...

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »
Theres a great shot of demey (i think) that was recently posted in another thread wearing shades and getting out a car.

Does anyone have that pic?

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 02:18:28 PM »

The Viking

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
Best Dutch bodybuilder!! Spoke to him many times, always friendly. Third at the 1988 Olympia, and from 1985 till 1988 in the top six at the Olympia. Two pictures from 2008 (April) and some from the old-times.

The Viking

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
From the past:

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 03:15:27 PM »

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 01:11:48 AM »
One of my faves growing up....symbolizez the golden era of bb. Outstanding physique. Wtf happpened ?

Agreed.
and keep moving!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 01:37:08 AM »
Good guy. :)

Gave up bodybuilding after the WBF debacle. Took his money and left. Can't say I blame him.

His brother, Jorgen DeMey, wrote a decent book on training.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 03:14:58 AM »

Grote Bink

• Getbig I
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2008, 03:28:59 AM »
Does anybody know if Berry has a gym in Netherlands?
Berry de Mey does as far as I know not own any business anymore in The Netherlands (Rotterdam area).

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2008, 03:32:09 AM »
Berry de Mey does as far as I know not own any business anymore in The Netherlands (Rotterdam area).

hi berry.