Author Topic: Top $$$ Gold VIP Olympia tickets already sold out  (Read 1419 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Top $$$ Gold VIP Olympia tickets already sold out
« on: May 08, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
Hmmm, despite what the naysayers are saying, it looks like the world of pro bodybuilding is still chugging along just fine.

http://www.mrolympia.com/2008/tickets.htm

I am tad suprised that with the increase in fee, to over 700 bucks, they still sold out so quickly.
I like bodybuilding and admire the pros, but I am not paying THAT much just to get a decent seat in Vegas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Top $$$ Gold VIP Olympia tickets already sold out
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »
When are teh European shows being announced?

Is the Euro tour not happening again?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »

WASTE OF MONEY for a contest with the resulting WINNER already pre-determined. Unless you want to see who places #2-#10.  :-\
?

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »
Hmmm, despite what the naysayers are saying, it looks like the world of pro bodybuilding is still chugging along just fine.
http://www.mrolympia.com/2008/tickets.htm

I am tad suprised that with the increase in fee, to over 700 bucks, they still sold out so quickly.
I like bodybuilding and admire the pros, but I am not paying THAT much just to get a decent seat in Vegas.

Ah, most of those Gold VIPs are not available to the general public, but to sponsors, magazine photogs, ex-bodybuilders and their families.  No suprise here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 04:01:50 PM »
WASTE OF MONEY for a contest with the resulting WINNER already pre-determined. Unless you want to see who places #2-#10.  :-\

some people believe the O title is more for overall sport growth, stability, longevity, and as the 'mantle-piece' for each year.  The dynasties are good for marketing, good for recognizability, etc.  It might just take 3 years for a nonchalent teenage UFC fan to learn Mr O is Jay cutler.  Changing it every year would make that tougher, and would mean supplement companies have 9 months to design, launch, then take down the reigning Mr O supplement sale materials each year.

That's just one POV.  Other believe it's a completely objective contest devoid of any $ or political influence.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »
Gays are not known for prognosticating.......
HAHA, RON.....

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 04:41:08 PM »
Ah, most of those Gold VIPs are not available to the general public, but to sponsors, magazine photogs, ex-bodybuilders and their families.  No suprise here.

Most of the Gold VIPs are available to anyone who buys them year after year. Just like many theaters and season ticket holders, if you purchased last year, you are entitled to purchase them this year, and get better seats. If someone who purchased one last year declines, then someone else gets a better seat. Hence, they sell out because of the major demand for these VIP tickets.

Magazine photogs, ex-bodybuilders, etc are assigned seats, which are different.