Author Topic: What you may not realize about Bob Chic and his IFBB loyalty  (Read 3624 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: What you may not realize about Bob Chic and his IFBB loyalty
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 07:21:39 PM »
You are wise my friend....no surprise there, the smarter one's always seem to know the truth.

I get a kick out of all these guys who constantly campaign about the BBers being able to compete elsehere, in other fed's, etc....little do they know, there is little to no money outside the IFBB. Anyone want to do some homework? Where is Tim Fogerty when we need him? Look up how much the winner of last years NABBA shows won....(assuming they had a show)

Athletes have made their way through the NPC, graduated on to the IFBB, gained exposure through the muscle mags, signed contracts with major supp companies, made money from competing, appearances, etc....why does anyone believe the athletes want to go anywhere ese? Go where? to the PDI? If anyone thought going there was such a great idea, they could have followed Priest there....that resulted in a whopping 2 guys, who are both now done it seems.

Here is my post again.....I never questioned your reading skills...it's your ability to comprehend that's called into question...

Try it again, we'll wait for you to understand it...r let me know, I'll dumb it down for you.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
Here is my post again.....I never questioned your reading skills...it's your ability to comprehend that's called into question...

Try it again, we'll wait for you to understand it...r let me know, I'll dumb it down for you.

IFBB is the fucking place to be! even thou some people complain it has the NAME the RESPECT and EVERYONE wants to be a fucking ifbb PRO!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »
It's their rules that made them the only show in town...from their perspective,why would they deviate from that?

Translation:  their protectionist and anticompetitive rules resulted in their achieving a monopoly position in their industry.

I refer you to 15 U.S.C. §§ 1-7 and 12-27.    ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »
if the IFBB is the "only viable option" then why is manion so concerned about competing outside the IFBB? he apparently has no problem with Jay,Gustavo,Troy and other guest posing outside the IFBB. As there is so little money in bodybuilding, why limit the lower tier athletes income by restricting where they compete? If the IFBB really cared about the athletes, then there should be no concern about competeing/guest posing elsewhere to make a few bucks.

It is very simple. No one is telling you where to compete. But if you choose to compete in the IFBB, then you are in the IFBB. Not another organization. I think this arguement has gone on for years. If you agree to compete in the IFBB, and you certainly have a choice not to, and then you decide to compete for another organization while with the IFBB, then you have violated the main rule. It is very simple. Like it or not, it is a clear rule. Don't like the rule. Don't compete there.

You know exactly what is going on. You are good at pretending to care about the athletes... but it's your own neck you are looking out for.  If you were as honest as you claim to be, you would let Priest know where he stands

Everybody knows what is going on with the Lee Priest situation. Don't hide away. Bob says what he wants, and I respect him for that. Lee needs to work it out with the IFBB, he chose to violate the rules, and disrespect, and now he wants to come back. Yay! Accept Bob is fighting for Lee, and he had many times Lee could of solved it. It isnt up to Bob. It is up to Lee and the IFBB. The next meeting is before the Olympia. Lee needs to make his case for reinstatement with the IFBB.

don't say anything that could seem offensive to the IFBB and Manion.

We work with the IFBB, we respect the organization and the shows and the expos.  Instead of attacking the IFBB and degrading it, we work to make it better. We enjoy coming to the shows, seeing the competitions and working with people who are committed to make the IFBB better.  Not some people who never go to a show or expo and degrade it.

Remind me of some guys in the fraternity I belonged for that all they did was party and complain. Never once wanted to help out, to go to a fundraiser, to go to a charitable event, to actually work. Always negative.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
It is very simple. No one is telling you where to compete. But if you choose to compete in the IFBB, then you are in the IFBB. Not another organization. I think this arguement has gone on for years. If you agree to compete in the IFBB, and you certainly have a choice not to, and then you decide to compete for another organization while with the IFBB, then you have violated the main rule. It is very simple. Like it or not, it is a clear rule. Don't like the rule. Don't compete there.

Everybody knows what is going on with the Lee Priest situation. Don't hide away. Bob says what he wants, and I respect him for that. Lee needs to work it out with the IFBB, he chose to violate the rules, and disrespect, and now he wants to come back. Yay! Accept Bob is fighting for Lee, and he had many times Lee could of solved it. It isnt up to Bob. It is up to Lee and the IFBB. The next meeting is before the Olympia. Lee needs to make his case for reinstatement with the IFBB.

We work with the IFBB, we respect the organization and the shows and the expos.  Instead of attacking the IFBB and degrading it, we work to make it better. We enjoy coming to the shows, seeing the competitions and working with people who are committed to make the IFBB better.  Not some people who never go to a show or expo and degrade it.

Remind me of some guys in the fraternity I belonged for that all they did was party and complain. Never once wanted to help out, to go to a fundraiser, to go to a charitable event, to actually work. Always negative.

laying the PIMP hand..

ILuvPriest

• Getbig II
  • BOW TO ME NOW!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
It is surprising how well I understand. I read it exactly how you meant to put it. Yes, you claim to say it had no bearing on Lee's current situation. But Bob...you are the one to bring his name up and making a statement of 2 athletes being done. Nice play on words.
You might have honestly wanted to help Lee at one point. But that no longer is the case. You are now doing solely what the IFBB tells you to do. No matter how you spin this, every post you've made clearly state this as fact.
Yes, there will be a meeting and a vote in Sept, but we know he could've been in before then. But there needs to be more remorse and begging from Lee's side. Till then...
I WILL EAT YOU!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »
Is that the Meeting the Paying members of the IFBB get to Vote on President and Judges and the Pros Rep Job??The meeting at the Olympia where things get done. ::)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
It is surprising how well I understand. I read it exactly how you meant to put it. Yes, you claim to say it had no bearing on Lee's current situation. But Bob...you are the one to bring his name up and making a statement of 2 athletes being done. Nice play on words.
You might have honestly wanted to help Lee at one point. But that no longer is the case. You are now doing solely what the IFBB tells you to do. No matter how you spin this, every post you've made clearly state this as fact.
Yes, there will be a meeting and a vote in Sept, but we know he could've been in before then. But there needs to be more remorse and begging from Lee's side. Till then...

Remorse for Lee  ::) The Guy leave the organization that he was part of, knowing very well the consequences of it. Before He leaves he insults officials, Judges and other Competitors that did not agree with him. After the other organization starts to fail he ask to be back. Bob tries to help him. He starts again insulting the organization that he wants to come back to. Some here in this site. He is warn to stop that such behavior is not helpful and just keep doing it. Forget the IFBB...in any, any other organization or work you don't have that many chances. Should we feel sorry for his COMPLETE lack of Minimum common sense

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »

Amazing, you claim to now have read it again...and understand what was written...and you STILL don't get it!

The two athletes I referred to that FOLLOWED Lee, are Rodbey S. Cloud and Valentin Jabes...both who are out of the IFBB currently. There was no "play on words"...

Perhaps you should email Lee and ask him what position I have taken on his behalf...you're making an idiot of yourself the more you post...

ILuvPriest

• Getbig II
  • BOW TO ME NOW!
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
Amazing, you claim to now have read it again...and understand what was written...and you STILL don't get it!

Perhaps you should email Lee and ask him what position I have taken on his behalf...you're making an idiot of yourself the more you post...

Mmmm... and what is that position Bob? Telling Lee it's in his best interest not to show his frustration at once again being given the run around. Yes with each post you've made, it has become clear on which side you stand. And it is clearly not with Lee Priest.
Oh go ahead... bring it up that you have no obligation to do anything, that he no longer is a pro and that you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart... to date the only thing you've done is give voice to the IFBB and their stand on issues.

The idiot is you for believing your opinion matters. And that you are still believed for the shit you spew.
I WILL EAT YOU!

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »
they don't seem to have a problem deviating from other rules

It's their rules that made them the only show in town...from their perspective,why would they deviate from that?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »
Ron,
I didn't see where in the rule book, competing in another org is listed as a "main" rule,
nor did I see the list of rules the IFBB doesn't really care to enforce.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »
Mmmm... and what is that position Bob? Telling Lee it's in his best interest not to show his frustration at once again being given the run around. Yes with each post you've made, it has become clear on which side you stand. And it is clearly not with Lee Priest.
Oh go ahead... bring it up that you have no obligation to do anything, that he no longer is a pro and that you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart... to date the only thing you've done is give voice to the IFBB and their stand on issues.

The idiot is you for believing your opinion matters. And that you are still believed for the shit you spew.

Well said........from a guy who goes by "I Luv Priest"....what a tool.

Either your in luv with Lee, or you're an alter boy...which is it?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
At what point are these folks going to realize , you represent all the  pros in the IFBB, not just certain individual ones. Since it is the IFBB you also need to deal with those that run the actual organization.
As long as the IFBB is fair and reasonable , they need not do any special favors.
I suspect Lee knew he was pissing off the IFBB and figured he would have the last laugh with the PDI.
Even more funny is how the same guys that claim the PDI ws better ,never went to a PDI show or bought a ticket, but went to the Arnold or Olympia instead,hmmmmmm,  ???

LOL...logic never enters most of these fools mionds, Howie...and aparently, no one is responsible for their own actions and decisions anymore. They show their true colors (and ages/ experience) by their mindset as to how the real world works....

there are a lot more cellar dwellers on these boards than we can imagine.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05:17 AM »
lee kinda said FUCK to the ifbb... and now cries because they are not letting him back in...  :-*

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »
One has to think....."why has it taken so many years for the IFBB as an organization to get even this far?"

maybe because it's a cult sport....

maybe there's other reasons not easily seen...I don't know. 

I personally think it's because most bodybuilders are ego maniacs & won't pull together long enough to make things better for EVERYONE.