Author Topic: 34 Years - Wolf/Arnold Guest Posing-Your Opinions...  (Read 5885 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 34 Years - Wolf/Arnold Guest Posing-Your Opinions...
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »
Arnold is light years ahead of Wolf. When Arnold poses, his muscles explode.......Wolf poses, nothing happends. He's just big, no quality. Plus Arnold is proabably 20lbs lighter and looks at least 15lbs heavier with better quality of muscle.

Good Point.

WOOOSSHHHHH   !!!!!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »
Arnold is light years ahead of Wolf. When Arnold poses, his muscles explode.......Wolf poses, nothing happends. He's just big, no quality. Plus Arnold is proabably 20lbs lighter and looks at least 15lbs heavier with better quality of muscle.

Joe

It's interesting you say that.  I find now a days bodybuilders look like they are always flexed.  I remember reading it one time on an article arnold wrote.  He said some bodybuilders because of their lifting styles always look the same wether they're flexed or not.  Arnold believe because of his ability to 'come to life' when he flexed is one of the reasons why he did so well.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »
I agree.  Arnold's physique is more appealing to me but seriously he would get beat real bad standing next to the guys of today.  And that's the way it should be!  The sport has progressed, maybe not in ways that people like but the competitors have gotten bigger and more shredded.  I think that even the smaller competitors on the O stage today would beat '74 Arnold, despite the fact that that was his best year, and if I were him, I wouldn't be embarassed about that-that's how things evolve.
Arnold had one of the great all time CLASSIC physiques and I prefer that kind. But when judging on size, thickness, muscularity, Wolf is light yrs ahead.  Having said that, why does a bodybuilder need to be BIGGER than Arnold?
I honestly don't think bigger is always better.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »
shopped. Arnold's triceps never even looked close to that..... ::) ::)

That's not photoshopped i have the original mag that it was in (from the 70's). It's real.

There's also another pic out there where Arnold's flexing his tricep for some woman (according to the caption) passing by and it's huge there too.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 12:59:55 PM »
Its sad that the look that Arnold possessed would not be rewarded on a pro stage anymore  :'(

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »
Its sad that the look that Arnold possessed would not be rewarded on a pro stage anymore  :'(

If Arnold walked on stage with the attitude he had in the mid-70s, the judges would reward his physique.  You would have standing there supremely confident, whereas the Dexter jacksons and jay cutlers of today would be standing there looking like cardboard cutouts. 

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »
I definitely prefer Arnold's physique over Wolf's, but under today's judging criteria Wolf is going to be at the top of the sport for years to come.  Arnold symbolizes the great classic physiques of years past and Wolf represents now and the future.

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 07:32:11 PM »
No.

Wolf will never win. He will never be at the top.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 10:18:38 PM »
Everybody is just stuck in nostalgia land. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Wolf's physique, whereas Arnold's physique is very flawed comparatively. Stop thinking of the name and the legend and you will see the truth. It isn't even close. Seriously, Wolf should have been first or second in the O last year and should be in major contention. He has no real flaws.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 11:44:54 PM »
Really?  These are all recent pics of Wolf, not looking like shit at all in the offseason:

If this guy doesn't win the O this year, I couldnt stand to watch it ever again.....

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 06:22:44 AM »
I like Wolf but in that video he is starting to look more and more like Cutler.

And no question, Arnold wins! 8)
tank u jesus

Moosejay

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 06:28:13 AM »
Everybody is just stuck in nostalgia land. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Wolf's physique, whereas Arnold's physique is very flawed comparatively. Stop thinking of the name and the legend and you will see the truth. It isn't even close. Seriously, Wolf should have been first or second in the O last year and should be in major contention. He has no real flaws.

No.

He looks like all drugs. No such thing as 'cycle' with these guys today.

They get a 'stretch armstrong' look to the max.

Unbelievably fake, plastic look to them all.

Devoid of detail.

Look like they cannot breath.

Like bloated bags of corpulent fat.

Drooling sometimes.

Arnie et al looked like dudes having fun on a beach.

I'd have me some of THAT any day :)

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »
Why not? Arnold had NO TRICEPS AT ALL, and the triceps usually makes 2/3s of an arm. Only monster biceps peaks when he flexed, due to monster local oil-based roid injections on a daily basis....

And if Arnold had been only close to the conditioning competitors have nowadays his arms would have been at least another inch smaller. :D

But allright guys. Keep tellin' yaself that there has been no progress in the past 34 years lol... ::)

IF Arnold had the drugs these guys have today his arms would be 4 inches bigger more like :D Plus Isnt Wolf older there than Arnold was in that video?? If Arnold kept goin in bodybuilding till he was late 30s who knows how much better he couldve became

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
Arnold's triceps were not as good as his biceps
but even a young Arnold had triceps that were
similar in shape to Dorian's, although Arnold had
longer arms. I don't think Arnold necesarily had poor
triceps but that in comparison to his biceps they didn't
match up.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »
Oh, yeah, they were tiny.  ::) ::)

By today's standards, yes.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2008, 01:03:58 PM »
And whats todays standards Matt???