Author Topic: Can any non Pro here show me a better back than mine?  (Read 22936 times)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: Can any non Pro here show me a better back than mine?
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »
Supernatural looks fookin crazy!!!  Great work!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2008, 07:50:43 AM »
incredible conditioning on supernatural, certainly attainable, definitly ideal
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2008, 07:53:55 AM »
I would say the main reasons that I was able maintain muscle without anabolics were...

- I didn't get overly fat in the off season.
- I didn't carb depete just inceased carbs the final week
- I had about 100grams of L- gutamine a day (3tsp with each shake and meal) I'm sponsered by a supplement company so that helps
- I had a lot of salt.
- my main supplements where creatine mono. vit c,vit e, beta carotene, whey protein, MRP's , fish oil.
- I never dropped my protein below 300grams (from Whey, MRP's, tuna, eggwhites, red meat, ostrich steak)
- I ate 3 pounds of green veggies a day (broccoli, green beans, spinich etc).
- I bracketed my cardio and weights with a combo of Dextrose and Hydrolized whey ( to block cortisol and prevent me from going catabolic)
- I had a whey glutamine shake in the middle of the night.
- I drank 2 to 3 gallons of water a day.
- My cardio was very short but high intensity (10 - 15 minutes) -seperate from weights -twice a day the last 6 weeks :P
- my weight training was short (30- 45 minutes - 5 times a week) 9 sets a body part max -  low reps (4-6) some bodybuilding movemnts (i.e push downs ,curls etc) but Mostly compound movements, heavy! i.e. deadlifted 210kg for 6 reps @ 72kg.  :o
- I never dropped below 2000 kcal. they started at 4000kcal and dropped 200-300 every week from 20 weeks out.
- slept a full 9 hours when possible...except the last 2 weeks I sufferd with insomnia.

- I did this consistently for 20 weeks

i have failed epically on diets such as these that lack natural sugars. even more props to you at you discipline
A

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »
i have failed epically on diets such as these that lack natural sugars. even more props to you at you discipline

Yeah it's not  easy,  the main thing objective was to keep my insulin low (so I'd tap into bodyfat) and my blood sugar stable (so I didn't feel like shit)... I stuctured my carbs intake according to type... high GI around training (tapering it down for the 3 hours ) and in the morning when my blood sugar is low... the rest of the time I ate mostly medium to low GI carbs with veggies, (in small amounts) just to keep my blood sugar from going too low ..it's a fine balance.   

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
I would say the main reasons that I was able maintain muscle without anabolics were...

- I had about 100grams of L- gutamine a day (3tsp with each shake and meal) I'm sponsered by a supplement company so that helps
- I had a lot of salt.
- my main supplements where creatine mono. vit c,vit e, beta carotene, whey protein, MRP's , fish oil.
- I never dropped my protein below 300grams (from Whey, MRP's, tuna, eggwhites, red meat, ostrich steak)
- I bracketed my cardio and weights with a combo of Dextrose and Hydrolized whey ( to block cortisol and prevent me from going catabolic)
- My cardio was very short but high intensity (10 - 15 minutes) -seperate from weights -twice a day the last 6 weeks :P
- my weight training was short (30- 45 minutes - 5 times a week) 9 sets a body part max -  low reps (4-6) some bodybuilding movemnts (i.e push downs ,curls etc) but Mostly compound movements, heavy! i.e. deadlifted 210kg for 6 reps @ 72kg.  :o
- I never dropped below 2000 kcal. they started at 4000kcal and dropped 200-300 every week from 20 weeks out.
- slept a full 9 hours when possible...except the last 2 weeks I sufferd with insomnia.

Thank you very very much. Priceless post!
Why do you believe short intense cardio is better? Any reasons?
Because sometime i feel the same. If you know some reasons, please let me know.

The Coach

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2008, 09:19:01 AM »
Thank you very very much. Priceless post!
Why do you believe short intense cardio is better? Any reasons?
Because sometime i feel the same. If you know some reasons, please let me know.

Because it burns fat more efficiently and long cardio sessions. With long cardio sessions you tend to hit a plateau and metabolism stays basically the same. Just the opposite with intense intervals plus after the interval the body can burn up to 200 calories more after you are done with the session for up to a couple of hours.

Example is sprinters, they generally carry less fat that endurance athletes (ex; marathon runners)

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
mine last year...174lbs

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »
Because it burns fat more efficiently and long cardio sessions. With long cardio sessions you tend to hit a plateau and metabolism stays basically the same. Just the opposite with intense intervals plus after the interval the body can burn up to 200 calories more after you are done with the session for up to a couple of hours.

Example is sprinters, they generally carry less fat that endurance athletes (ex; marathon runners)
Thanx for the tip.
I was guessing like that before also and i was exactly thinking about sprinters physic.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2008, 10:21:57 AM »
Not as good as your but the best mines ever been.
shotgun on the team

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2008, 10:23:37 AM »
All of your backs suck!
I'd show you a pick of mine but my camera and cell phone are both broken :-\

:D

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »

- I had a lot of salt.

Cool good to hear what worked for you! Thanks!