Author Topic: Religion= Childish superstition  (Read 4881 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Religion= Childish superstition
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
Sounds like someone is finding life a little challenging.
what seems to be the problem top dog?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 08:57:58 AM »
Any amount of reason and self-thought will dispense the notion of religion.

Religion and the belief in gods is mankind's greatest embarrassment.  

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
So let me get this straight....

"God" sends his only "son" to earth to redeem us, thru suffering, rather than just forgive us outright?

He'd rather have his "son" crucified, tortured, et cetera....what a great father.

By this retarded logic, it's no wonder we have these major catastrophes where "god" is nowhere to be found, when his "children" need him most. 

HAHA, RON.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »
So let me get this straight....

"God" sends his only "son" to earth to redeem us, thru suffering, rather than just forgive us outright?

He'd rather have his "son" crucified, tortured, et cetera....what a great father.

By this retarded logic, it's no wonder we have these major catastrophes where "god" is nowhere to be found, when his "children" need him most. 

i think if you were to believe that jesus was truly the son of god, you would believe that eh was sent here to spread the true message of god..   not really to redeem us through suffering..     

i believe they say "he died for our sins"..beause when he wasbeing tortured and crucified he was heard talking to "god" and telling him to let him die, to forgive these people.. "for they know not what they do"..    if you were to believe these stories, then it was jesus's choice to be tortured and die and redeem the human race..   not really gods.   ALTHOUGH an omniscient character must have seen this future coming.

and you cant say "there i s no god because look at that evil thing that just happened. where was god" like people do with the holacaust and other things.  because, if you were to believe in god, you would know that in order for their to be such a greatness as "heaven" there also must be such an evil  as "hell".. for you cant have good without evil and you will never know how good you have it without some kind of contrast. ....   

:)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 09:15:44 AM »
Oh dear... STFU cumdrizzle ::)

And if you wanna talk religion, go to the freakin religion board!!!

You revolting little twirp ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 09:16:48 AM »
 ;D dont hate the playa'

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »
i think if you were to believe that jesus was truly the son of god, you would believe that eh was sent here to spread the true message of god..   not really to redeem us through suffering..     

i believe they say "he died for our sins"..beause when he wasbeing tortured and crucified he was heard talking to "god" and telling him to let him die, to forgive these people.. "for they know not what they do"..    if you were to believe these stories, then it was jesus's choice to be tortured and die and redeem the human race..   not really gods.   ALTHOUGH an omniscient character must have seen this future coming.

and you cant say "there i s no god because look at that evil thing that just happened. where was god" like people do with the holacaust and other things.  because, if you were to believe in god, you would know that in order for their to be such a greatness as "heaven" there also must be such an evil  as "hell".. for you cant have good without evil and you will never know how good you have it without some kind of contrast. ....   

Please....where is the logic in that? So "god" wants us to suffer, so we can appreciate "heaven"? Oh brother..... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »
close minded fool.

you dont have to believe in god to understand the story that the christian faith is telling.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:22 AM »

you dont have to believe in god to understand the story that the christian faith is telling.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »
the whole story of Jesus can be 100& true...and there can still be no such thing as "god"...  you guys ever hear of crazy people with delusions of grandeur? yes I'm sure you have. we have many of them here on this site !  ;D    well, Jesus WAS a real person, no doubt...    but; whose to say he wasn't just some crazy dude?  

and on the other hand, sure, species have evolved over time, sure, the earth has been here for billions of years....BUT..  where did it ORIGIANALLY come from? .. science proves theres gotta be some sort of constant...    
Amazing you have some real world intelligence for a kid :o
Arnold For President 2012.2016

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »
thanks. i try not to make up my mind on anything.. just listen to both sides of every argument and understand all the different viewpoints..

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 09:32:16 AM »

I believe there is a GOD, but I don't buy into Christain doctrine nor do I think Jesus was the son of GOD.
I don't follow any religion or dogma either. I don't think GOD would change the laws of the Universe just to manipulate a human's outcome here on Earth, anymore than he would for an animal or insect, etc

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
wtf? I teach physics for a living and must conculde you never read the actual 1905 papers he published.
I also know well the history and background of his theories. This is just some sad, pathetic attempt to discredit a man based on him being Jewish. Which is ironic because he was NOT a practicing Jew for much of his life.

Howard...You can't be that dumb!!!! Einstein does not and did not ever reference any facts or material or persons in his fake studies. It is impossible to to create anything without having a background and beginning to reference. Before there were skyscrapers there had to be smaller buildings, before smaller buildings there had to be homes, before that there had to be someone who invented bricks, someone who invented steel, someone who invented ways of fastening wood or stone or steel together...In short I am saying there has to be a path or trail in which one builds a theory or actuality on...EINSTEIN HAS NONE OF THAT. It is like man going from walking to driving a Maserati...How did man get from one thing to the other. THAT IS THE FRAUD OF EINSTEIN!!!

BTW...Next time read the links (information) before commenting...something you ironically say I have not done when you have obviously not done it yourself.
C

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
I believe there is a GOD, but I don't buy into Christain doctrine nor do I think Jesus was the son of GOD.
I don't follow any religion or dogma either. I don't think GOD would change the laws of the Universe just to manipulate a human's outcome here on Earth, anymore than he would for an animal or insect, etc
what do you think "god" is, exactly?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »

I wouldn't consider that real "WORLD" intelligence, but merely what he learned in Sunday school and by means of the bible. In case you didn't realize, the Constitution in the U.S. has been replaced by the Bible. The Republican's will go apeshit if a Democrat gets into office, because then fundamentalist preachings of a WACKO president will cease to exist!!

BTW, I am agnostic  8)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »
I wouldn't consider that real "WORLD" intelligence, but merely what he learned in Sunday school and by means of the bible. In case you didn't realize, the Constitution in the U.S. has been replaced by the Bible. The Republican's will go apeshit if a Democrat gets into office, because then fundamentalist preachings of a WACKO president will cease to exist!!

BTW, I am agnostic  8)
hattteeeerrrrrrrrrr

;D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 09:50:51 AM »
I was raised a Catholic and came to the conclusion that the Bible was a Fairy tale at the age of 6 about the same time i was dressed in my superman costume in hope of flight and jumped off the roof of our house.
Im Australian and the Bible has minimial meaning here compared to the God fearing USA.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »
why?

sounds like a shitty book anyway

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jeff_lowder/strobel.html

All it sounds like to me is this atheist just tried to spin what Stroble wrote..........typical from non-believing atheists.

The Coach

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 10:16:48 AM »
I was raised a Catholic and came to the conclusion that the Bible was a Fairy tale at the age of 6 about the same time i was dressed in my superman costume in hope of flight and jumped off the roof of our house.
Im Australian and the Bible has minimial meaning here compared to the God fearing USA.

That's because Catholisism teaches church doctorine first and scripture last. One of the pastors that was at our chruch started a Calvary Chapel in Melbourne, you should check it out....Pastor Andrew Russell.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
If you want to know the answers to life you can best find from a bunch of amateur bodybuilders with more time on their hands than they would like.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »
All it sounds like to me is this atheist just tried to spin what Stroble wrote..........typical from non-believing atheists.

I've heard about him on TV. Apparently, Strobel was one of those "non-believing atheists". If I remember correctly, his wife became a Christian, after going to Bible study with a neighbor. When she wanted to share her faith with him, he got angry.

His wife's conversion really bothered him, because (although he admitted that his wife was even more loving and caring towards him, than she had been in the past), he didn't dig the notion of her depending on someone more than him.

Reluctantly, he started going to church with her. And, he started investigating some of the Gospels. What he found apparently gave him a change of heart, and eventually Strobel became a Christian.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
http://www.probe.org/content/view/18/77/

Evidence for Jesus from Non-Christian Sources

One of the guys in the references mentioned the non-Christians references to Jesus Christ in a TV special, "Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?"

From Dr. Gary Habermas:

Actually, the life of Jesus is recorded in whole or in part, different segments, in about 20 different non-Christian sources--historically or archaeologically--outside the New Testament. And most of these are little snippets--a sentence here, a paragraph there--but you put them all together, and you get approximately 60 to 65 facts, concerning the life, death, resurrection of Jesus Christ and the teaching of the earliest church. You can get an outline of His life and NEVER touch the New Testament."

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
I've heard about him on TV. Apparently, Strobel was one of those "non-believing atheists". If I remember correctly, his wife became a Christian, after going to Bible study with a neighbor. When she wanted to share her faith with him, he got angry.

His wife's conversion really bothered him, because (although he admitted that his wife was even more loving and caring towards him, than she had been in the past), he didn't dig the notion of her depending on someone more than him.

Reluctantly, he started going to church with her. And, he started investigating some of the Gospels. What he found apparently gave him a change of heart, and eventually Strobel became a Christian.

There are numerus cases such as this. Very intellegent people (even smarter than you, Giordano, believe it or not), that were stone cold aetheists, or agnostics, who did some reading, studying, and investigating, and changed their minds, and became religious.
Cam ad mi