Author Topic: Supreme Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage  (Read 113079 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: Supreme Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage
« Reply #1000 on: June 26, 2013, 08:50:11 AM »
may they all get aids and die off

for once, I agree with you
K

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #1001 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
Gay marriages to resume in California
Jerry Brown: Counties must issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples

By Anthony York

Gov. Jerry Brown said county clerks must soon begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on the issue Wednesday.

Brown has directed his Department of Public Health, which oversees marriage licenses, birth and death certificates and other such documents, to tell local officials the licenses should be issued as soon as a federal appeals court lifts a ruling that was temporarily making same-sex unions illegal.

The temporary ban is expected to be lifted now that the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld a lower-court ruling which held that Proposition 8, the voter-approved measure prohibiting gay marriage, is unconstitutional.

“I have directed the California Department of Public Health to advise the state’s counties that they must begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in California as soon as the Ninth Circuit confirms the stay is lifted,” Brown said in a statement.

County clerks say they’re prepared.

“We’re pretty much ready to go,” said Cathy Darling Allen, the clerk for Shasta County and the head of the California Assn. of Clerks and Election officials. “In 2008, we had some assistance from the state Department of Public Health in making marriage license forms gender neutral. We continue to use those forms today. So the mechanics of the process are ready to go.”

Darling Allen said she expects that it will take some time before same-sex marriages are able to proceed. “My understanding is we’ll have some kind of a waiting period in terms of start date,” she said. “Twenty-five to 30 days is what I’ve been told, but that feels kind of speculative. But it’s not going to be Friday. It’s going to be at some point in the future.”

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1002 on: June 26, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »
And you're not banned yet for hate speech?  After whining like a baby about it.

Are you talking about this hate speech? 

Maybe a few will commit suicide.  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #1003 on: June 26, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Lot of whining going on in here.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1004 on: June 26, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »
Go to love this - last year the leftists praised the court for ObamaCare,  Tuesday the leftists are melting down at the court over VRA, and today they are in gay bliss w the court over DOMA

This is true... But this is what I like about the SCOTUS... They are not beholden to ANYONE. They do what they feel is right.

Good for them.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1005 on: June 26, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
Are you talking about this hate speech? 

That too!   ;D. Ahmed whined when I called him a leech and my comments were edited but he feels comfortable calling me names and hoping gays all die.  I seriously dislike the hypocrite. I hope Ahmed dies from the aids he got from bay. Two birds with one stone.
A

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #1006 on: June 26, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »
Lot of whining going on in here.

Nothing compared to the weeping and gnashing of teeth the queers and those who enable them will be doing for eternity.
K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1007 on: June 26, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
That too!   ;D. Ahmed whined when I called him a leech and my comments were edited but he feels comfortable calling me names and hoping gays all die.  I seriously dislike the hypocrite. I hope Ahmed dies from the aids he got from bay. Two birds with one stone.

lol.  "Leech" is pretty tame.   :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #1008 on: June 26, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
Nothing compared to the weeping and gnashing of teeth the queers and those who enable them will be doing for eternity.

Seeing how we either all end up as worm food or ashes in the end, I would wager to bet those people holding out on a hope that some imaginary deity punishes another person for their own insecurities would be a bit of a stretch. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #1009 on: June 26, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »
Jack Hunter: I find it so encouraging that for many young conservatives and libertarians, same-sex marriage is not a be-all-end-all issue, but reducing government is. The exact opposite of many of their elders.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1010 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:40 PM »
Jack Hunter: I find it so encouraging that for many young conservatives and libertarians, same-sex marriage is not a be-all-end-all issue, but reducing government is. The exact opposite of many of their elders.

This is it right here.

I've been saying this for some years now, but some of the "older" conservatives on the boards don't like to believe it.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #1011 on: June 26, 2013, 01:37:48 PM »
Seeing how we either all end up as worm food or ashes in the end, I would wager to bet those people holding out on a hope that some imaginary deity punishes another person for their own insecurities would be a bit of a stretch.  

3,000 years from now...you will remember these words as you burn.

K

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
This is it right here.

I've been saying this for some years now, but some of the "older" conservatives on the boards don't like to believe it.

The next big thing is these twinks trying to force churches and facilities to host their events

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
The next big thing is these twinks trying to force churches and facilities to host their events

This where I would object.  Religious institutions should not be forced to marry gay people.  And they probably won't be.  Except Muslims.  Most of them are closet cases anyway.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »
This where I would object.  Religious institutions should not be forced to marry gay people.  And they probably won't be.  Except Muslims.  Most of them are closet cases anyway.

Too late.  States around the country are already trying to do it.  The excuse is if the church performs marriages for anyone who is not a member or charges money, they have to perform homosexual marriages too. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1015 on: June 26, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »
Too late.  States around the country are already trying to do it.  The excuse is if the church performs marriages for anyone who is not a member or charges money, they have to perform homosexual marriages too. 

Completely ridiculous.  Churches have a right to decide who they will and won't marry.  Churches don't have to like gay marriage and shouldn't be forced to accept it at their church. As citizens we have the right to associate with whom ever we choose.  Whatever group is advocating this needs to just stop and leave the churches alone. 
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1016 on: June 26, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »
Completely ridiculous.  Churches have a right to decide who they will and won't marry.  Churches don't have to like gay marriage and shouldn't be forced to accept it at their church. As citizens we have the right to associate with whom ever we choose.  Whatever group is advocating this needs to just stop and leave the churches alone. 

I don't buy it... There's already the fact that Priests won't marry non-catholics... So if that's the case, I don't see how you can force a church to marry a group of people they do not approve of... They already don't do it based on other criteria... I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1017 on: June 26, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

I completely agree.  There will probably be an all out assault after these rulings. 

Fundamental change coming to this country.  Depending on a person's viewpoint, that could be good or bad.   

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #1018 on: June 26, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »
I don't buy it... There's already the fact that Priests won't marry non-catholics... So if that's the case, I don't see how you can force a church to marry a group of people they do not approve of... They already don't do it based on other criteria... I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

this is correct.  the only issue is when a church owns a business.  For example, LDS owns lots of shopping malls and other businesses.  Businesses have to follow the non-discrimination rules in the state they do business in.  Churches are free to discriminate.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #1019 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
change is coming world wide.  that big jump in the red box is Brasil.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1020 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
I completely agree.  There will probably be an all out assault after these rulings. 

Fundamental change coming to this country.  Depending on a person's viewpoint, that could be good or bad.   

Its bad for anyone who values freedom and the separation of church and state.  You and I may differ on our views about the legality of gay marriage but we agree that its not the domain of the state to interfere in the business of churches.
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1021 on: June 26, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »
Its bad for anyone who values freedom and the separation of church and state.  You and I may differ on our views about the legality of gay marriage but we agree that its not the domain of the state to interfere in the business of churches.

Not happening and if it does, everyone will rail against that too.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #1022 on: June 26, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »
change is coming world wide

Change for the worse...God is very patient but is not mocked.

Keep deceiving yourselves that He doesn't exist. 

K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1023 on: June 26, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »

We absolutely agree about that. 

I do support traditional marriage, but I also believe in the Democratic process.  States should decide.  The people should vote.  Whatever the people decide should be the law in that particular state.  Just my two cents.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1024 on: June 26, 2013, 04:36:21 PM »
change is coming world wide.  that big jump in the red box is Brasil.

Any Middle East countries on there?  That's when we will know hell has frozen over.   :)