Author Topic: Who looks better? A GETBIG contest!  (Read 9502 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Who looks better? A GETBIG contest!
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »
No...in a bb show the most ripped guy wins...if he were as ripped as you and that much bigger...considering proportions were there...then he'd lick ya

fortunately for him (and anyone unfortunate enough to see me in a speedo), it'll never happen. i swear if i try and diet below 215 i'm going to start burning muscle like an H2 burns gasoline. my body just doesn't accept dieting that well. :P

and candy, those were YOUR stipulations. i said from the beginning this was, well it was supposed to stay on the training board, but the point is it's an argument about who had more muscle. i never agreed to calling this anything resembling a bodybuilding show. leanness and things like skeletal structure are irrelevant. if you want to have a contest on "who knows how to diet better", i'll save you time: not me! :P

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »
fortunately for him (and anyone unfortunate enough to see me in a speedo), it'll never happen. i swear if i try and diet below 215 i'm going to start burning muscle like an H2 burns gasoline. my body just doesn't accept dieting that well. :P

and candy, those were YOUR stipulations. i said from the beginning this was, well it was supposed to stay on the training board, but the point is it's an argument about who had more muscle. i never agreed to calling this anything resembling a bodybuilding show. leanness and things like skeletal structure are irrelevant. if you want to have a contest on "who knows how to diet better", i'll save you time: not me! :P
i gave em a link to the original thread let them decide how to judge it is all im sayin

i think your ahead in the votes right now anyways..

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »
If magoo was at the same bf, he would have noticeably more muscle mass than Candi. Candi's conditioning is impressive though...
No doubt about it...

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »

ha!

That's tellin' it like it is....

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
The IFBB judging criteria calls for muscular bulk , balanced development , muscle density & muscle definition , posing & presentation , and all rounds are physique rounds so they look for all that criteria in every single pose in every single round so while one bodybuilder can have a clear cut advantage in lets say being ripped but lags behind in size , balance and posing he will lose , the other side of the coin if a guy is big and nothing else he wont be the best its usually the guy who meets MOST of that criteria the best

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »
i gave em a link to the original thread let them decide how to judge it is all im sayin

i think your ahead in the votes right now anyways..

honestly i don't give much a fig about if i "win" this or not. it all started with this question:

Iv heard that using a narrow grip on most back exercises gets you wider than using a wide grip on exercises? please comment.

and my response:

99% of us have no reason to worry about distinctions like that.

and i stand by that. especially at your level and, yes, mine. neither of us have remotely the development to be trying to "target" different spots on our muscles like "width" versus "thickness" or "teardrops" or "outer head of the triceps" (and, granted, i don't really care what shape i have as long as it functions the way i want it).

what i was getting at from the beginning was that newbies in the gym get overwhelmed with trying to work on their muscles from sixty different angles and end up short-changing themselves because if they'd stick with the basics and do them heavy, they'd be developing better.

and yes, i agree webcke. he's impressively lean. i'm going to disagree with ND that i'd even have a change against candi on stage unless the judge was really feeling generous about our size difference. :P

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
 guys dont think too much into to it. lets just get your honest opinions. if its too tought o judge we wont get many votes.   

someone got a running total yet?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »
Got to go with Magoo. Candyland is standing inches from the mirror and he's still tiny. He can't weight 170 in that pic. Bodybuilding requires muscle.

Magoo................... 1st
My kitten "Biscuit"... 2nd
Elvis................... .. 3rd
Candyapple............ 4th

* I'll add, Candy looks nice, but bodybuilding ain't about nice... never was. 
a

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »
guys dont think too much into to it. lets just get your honest opinions. if its too tought o judge we wont get many votes.   

someone got a running total yet?

If the question is who has more muscle ....Magoo

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »
Magoo IMO.

Simple Carbs

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • I'm Phil's Easy Lover
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »
You both look like something my cat shit out its ass the other day. I vote for none of you.

Hope this helps.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
honestly i don't give much a fig about if i "win" this or not. it all started with this question:

and my response:

and i stand by that. especially at your level and, yes, mine. neither of us have remotely the development to be trying to "target" different spots on our muscles like "width" versus "thickness" or "teardrops" or "outer head of the triceps" (and, granted, i don't really care what shape i have as long as it functions the way i want it).

what i was getting at from the beginning was that newbies in the gym get overwhelmed with trying to work on their muscles from sixty different angles and end up short-changing themselves because if they'd stick with the basics and do them heavy, they'd be developing better.

and yes, i agree webcke. he's impressively lean. i'm going to disagree with ND that i'd even have a change against candi on stage unless the judge was really feeling generous about our size difference. :P

I totally agree about the basics every newbie should just pound out the heavy basics for at least 3 years and the specialize

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »
magoo 5
CD      3

by my count

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »

i have seen pics of you dieted down in your keto diet thread zg85 and you looked 10 times better than candyass does right now and still do... ....

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »
magoo by a landslide
X

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
;D

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=174191.0

waddy really did look the best in that comparison. even better in the mr getbig 1.

I totally agree about the basics every newbie should just pound out the heavy basics for at least 3 years and the specialize

exactly. i fell victim to that, too. i got tied up in making sure my rear delts didn't lag and that my inner chest matched my outer and all that other shiite that i wasn't just getting under a bar and squatting or doing heavy rows and pulls.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
More muscle -> Magoo

If it was a bodybuilding contest -> Candizzle

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »
Looks like it's time Candi puts up his current pic 8) I have seen it, and no bullshit, the kid has put on about 15 pounds of muscle and is leaner.
E

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »
i have seen pics of you dieted down in your keto diet thread zg85 and you looked 10 times better than candyass does right now and still do... ....

ahaha, dude, so you knew me on mayhem? shiiiiite.

okay, answer this: was i or was i not even a worse know-it-all than candy? looking back on those days i'm surprised i was tolerated as well i was.

Looks like it's time Candi puts up his current pic 8) I have seen it, and no bullshit, the kid has put on about 15 pounds of muscle and is leaner.

i'd hope so. he's on Vitamin S. that kinda throws off our little comparison, doesn't it? :P

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
i told magoo it would be me naturally vs him at whatever shot he wanted ill i stand by that deal.

so far hes winnig by a landslide;

even though in my opinion people are not judgign it correctly and arent taking into account his bf% and what that makes your muscles look like..

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »
i told magoo it would be me naturally vs him at whatever shot he wanted ill i stand by that deal.

even though in my opinion people are not judgign it correctly and arent taking into account his bf% and what that makes your muscles look like..

Adonis would be all over this thread lol. You two are at least giving us some entertainment and not taking it too serious.
E

Moosejay

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 06:13:03 PM »

candi...like I said...you win primarily due to leanness

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
-Candi looks much more like a BB.

-Candi will easily get more trim with the athletic look.

-Magoo wins hand down for best burnout & best truckdriver look.

More magoo shots, unsure if he lifts tho.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 06:15:17 PM »
candi, post more pics