Author Topic: Dave Pulcinella - overdid the diuretics?  (Read 11868 times)

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Dave Pulcinella - overdid the diuretics?
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 07:31:33 AM »

Well obvoisly there is a chance of something unexpected happening with any kind of use. The more you use the greater the risk. Normally popping a couple of diazide or maybe a lasix and you normally are fine, but you never know. For someone who has a heart problem the risk is greater and death may result and did at last years Masters Nationals. For someone who may have an existing heart problem and may not know it, popping a diuretic may kill you. Take a look at the guy I trained for this years Masters Nationals on the Positve board, I used no diuretics and he was pretty dry.

i have always used aldactone in my prep. 3 out of 5 times, it would cause cramping, but not bad enough to keep me from doing my thing onstage. the incident in this clip is one of 2 times that it was pretty bad. i decided at that time to NOT use any dieuretics for my final competition, the 2007 north americans. the pics i posted are from that show. no dieuretics!! i learned a little too late that i just really didnt need them. oh, well.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2008, 08:12:18 AM »
Looks good to me! 

All musclemen look good to you, Bay. LOL!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2008, 08:12:57 AM »

i have always used aldactone in my prep. 3 out of 5 times, it would cause cramping, but not bad enough to keep me from doing my thing onstage. the incident in this clip is one of 2 times that it was pretty bad. i decided at that time to NOT use any dieuretics for my final competition, the 2007 north americans. the pics i posted are from that show. no dieuretics!! i learned a little too late that i just really didnt need them. oh, well.

Looking great in the shot Dave, a little evil, but great none the less.  :)
:D Weee

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2008, 08:14:49 AM »
All musclemen look good to you, Bay. LOL!

Not true.  I could name many that do not look good (including some getbiggers), but I prefer not to be unduly negative.  I try to save my comments for the ones that look good.  :)

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »
RTB #3 looking forward to it's release....any time soon Dave?

I hope to see you at the NPC DE on 8/9....

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

Look ready for the pros  8)

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2008, 12:25:55 PM »
RTB #3 looking forward to it's release....any time soon Dave?

I hope to see you at the NPC DE on 8/9....

yo, ant!! wassup!! not sure when rtb3 will be done. my brother is hard at work on it now. he predicts towards the end of the year.

yeah, ill be at the de. ill see you there.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »
Look ready for the pros  8)

you're kidding....right?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2008, 01:02:21 PM »

Well obvoisly there is a chance of something unexpected happening with any kind of use. The more you use the greater the risk. Normally popping a couple of diazide or maybe a lasix and you normally are fine, but you never know. For someone who has a heart problem the risk is greater and death may result and did at last years Masters Nationals. For someone who may have an existing heart problem and may not know it, popping a diuretic may kill you. Take a look at the guy I trained for this years Masters Nationals on the Positve board, I used no diuretics and he was pretty dry.

ya that was my boy, i was on the phone with him right as he started having the heart attack. He only had 25% of his heart functioning though, and he knew it for a long time. Just couldnt let go