Author Topic: Lean,healthy and asthetic vs big,juiced and bulky?  (Read 10181 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Lean,healthy and asthetic vs big,juiced and bulky?
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »
Calm down i wasn't referring to your shortcomings in particular, ya lunkhead.
Oh I know that LOL. O couldn't resist cracking on MYSELF hehehe.

Young guys tend to need size and stay leaner , after 30 ( if you have been lifting a few yrs) the trend reverses. At 49, I really, REALY need to reverse it.
I can say, I enjoyed a lot of the trips and stuff I have done over the last decade. When I competed , I missed out on some cool stuff.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 10:13:33 AM »

Young guys tend to need size and stay leaner , after 30 ( if you have been lifting a few yrs) the trend reverses. At 49, I really, REALY need to reverse it.

Ya, and trying to lift too heavy as part of the bulking thing also usually doesn't work with age.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »
Ya, and trying to lift too heavy as part of the bulking thing also usually doesn't work with age.
I sincerely feel you are 100% right, unless you want to be a serious powerlifter , far better to back off the wt and get lean. The babes like it better anyway.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »

I can say, I enjoyed a lot of the trips and stuff I have done over the last decade. When I competed , I missed out on some cool stuff.

Definitely, I couldn't agree more.   I fell into the trap of permabulking and in the end I ended up feelings horrible.  The strength gains are addictive but eventually father time catches up with you.  I am going to be 31 in a couple of weeks and I realize that my metabolism has slowed down and that if I don't change my ways then I am setting myself up for years of poor health.  I lost about 25 pounds of fat in the last four and a half months and I feel great.
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:34 AM »

Definitely, I couldn't agree more.   I fell into the trap of permabulking and in the end I ended up feelings horrible.  The strength gains are addictive but eventually father time catches up with you.  I am going to be 31 in a couple of weeks and I realize that my metabolism has slowed down and that if I don't change my ways then I am setting myself up for years of poor health.  I lost about 25 pounds of fat in the last four and a half months and I feel great.
Sounds like a success story. What kind of diet did you follow? Just curious, thanks

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
The strength gains are addictive but eventually father time catches up with you.  I am going to be 31 in a couple of weeks and I realize that my metabolism has slowed down and that if I don't change my ways then I am setting myself up for years of poor health. 

The strength gains are addictive, as is the looser diet. But for looking good and being a chick magnet, lean is the only way to go, they could care less about big and bulkier with a few exceptions who like "football types".

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
tell us more about your life as a chick magnet pumpster, do you take the chicks home to your luxurious apartment? or do they prefer a little more room, say the dumpster in the alley?  :D
Z

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
The strength gains are addictive, as is the looser diet. But for looking good and being a chick magnet, lean is the only way to go, they could care less about big and bulkier with a few exceptions who like "football types".
Back in 1993, I got down to a really ripped 188 and was able to win an AAU Mr Louisiana, get 3rd in my age group in the 100 m  ran 11.4 ( La Games), and ran in several 5k/10 k races.
Now I am too bulky  to run without joint pain and I can't get in a contest, etc.
The extra bulk is useless LOL.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Sounds like a success story. What kind of diet did you follow? Just curious, thanks

Essentially I have been cycling my carbs and combine that with low intensity cardio three to four days a week.  My cardio lasts from 45-60 minutes but the intensity is very low.  My heart rate rarely goes above 120-130bpm.  I like this approach because it isn't a drastic jolt to my body and I don't feel my strength levels plummeting like in the past when I have implemented hyper intense cardio nor do I become so drained that I can't keep up my regiment. Burn out is a killer to any regiment.  Plus in the summers I can walk outside.  I live in Michigan so that is a rare treat as winters suck. I realize a negative to this approach is that it might take me longer to lose weight but the upside is that hopefully I will retain more muscle.   Really I just want to live a healthy and active lifestyle. My dad also died at 54 of a heart attack and that is definitely a motivator to become healthier.

Also, I have changed the type of foods I am buying, opting for organic foods.  I have also introduced healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamins to my supplement regiment.
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 10:40:11 AM »
Essentially I have been cycling my carbs and combine that with low intensity cardio three to four days a week.  My cardio lasts from 45-60 minutes but the intensity is very low.  My heart rate rarely goes above 120-130bpm.  I like this approach because it isn't a drastic jolt to my body and I don't feel my strength levels plummeting like in the past when I have implemented hyper intense cardio nor do I become so drained that I can't keep up my regiment. Burn out is a killer to any regiment.  Plus in the summers I can walk outside.  I live in Michigan so that is a rare treat as winters suck. I realize a negative to this approach is that it might take me longer to lose weight but the upside is that hopefully I will retain more muscle.   Really I just want to live a healthy and active lifestyle. My dad also died at 54 of a heart attack and that is definitely a motivator to become healthier.

Also, I have changed the type of foods I am buying, opting for organic foods.  I have also introduced healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamins to my supplement regiment.
I have akso started eating more organic stuff and thinking of overall health and nutrition more than just getting in protein by the shovel full.
Howard

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »
shut up howie maybe you are fine with mediocrity, yet some of us will strive for perfection no matter what the cost or how unlikely it is

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »
shut up howie maybe you are fine with mediocrity, yet some of us will strive for perfection no matter what the cost or how unlikely it is

yes im glad im not the only one that notice their endless number of excuses!!
Z

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
to me nothing beat this. not one other guy or one other photo will look my ideal to me than this. as GH15 says this is simply as good it gets

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 11:43:27 AM »
tell us more about your life as a chick magnet pumpster, do you take the chicks home to your luxurious apartment? or do they prefer a little more room, say the dumpster in the alley?  :D
U my little troll, have far more stories to share of trysts with young boyz. Get to it.. :-*

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 11:44:24 AM »
U have far more stories to share, with young boyz. Get to it.. :-*

there's no such stories, but there's stories about you and transvestites, care to talk about it  ;D
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »
there's no such stories, but there's stories about you and transvestites, care to talk about it  ;D

If you've been with a woman, we're all ears troll. Your silence on this will speak volumes.;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »
yes im glad im not the only one that notice their endless number of excuses!!

Waiting for your positive contributions here troll.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 11:50:12 AM »
If you've been with a woman, we're all ears troll. Your silence on this will speak volumes.;D

huh i've talked about it numerous times, on the y board and other places

all i ever heard about you is your love for transvestites with captures being posted confirming it  :(

apparantely you're a chick magnet, thats what you say in this thread  ::)
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
huh i've talked about it numerous times, on the y board and other places

all i ever heard about you is your love for transvestites with captures being posted confirming it  :(

apparantely you're a chick magnet, thats what you say in this thread  ::)

Actually i didn't claim that you inferred it because you're impressed hahahaahh
Still waiting for your lengthy dissertations on your upcoming first lay, or a link on your spiritual home on the Z...remember blockhead, your silence speakers volumes. :-* :-* :-*

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
if i remember blockhead or are you talking TO blockhead? you dont make much sense
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
if i remember blockhead or are you talking TO blockhead? you dont make much sense

Your first lay with the whore, get to it..inquiring mind wanna know, since you're desperate to hijack this thread lol

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
Finding balance and being happy and healthy is the big success.
I have seen more guys get all hardocre and try to be the next Mr Olympia. Almost every one of them ends up frustrated, unhappy and with some problems to deal with, etc. Nobody is saying you need to settle for being just ho hum avg. Look at Jenny, she just won the Jr USA!

Far better to prefect your physique on your own individual terms and not be made a slave to some established abitrary standard. Living a happy productive life by your own standards is real success.
Howard

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »
Easy. 
 Lean,Healthy,asthetic,big and bulky.
Thats what i try to do and my goal is near.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »
Easy. 

dont forget tall
Z

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »
Easy. 
Great V taper, just need to try and peak those biceps a bit more and you will be impressive