Author Topic: Great quote about Planet Fitness  (Read 2732 times)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Great quote about Planet Fitness
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »
It's a trade off Danny. my girl actually signed me up for Planet Fitness Because she wants to get back into the gym, so she figured it would be nice for us to do it together. Nice sentiment, but it ain't happening. I walked in, took a look around, and said loud enough for the people around me to hear "you have GOT to be kidding me, this place is a JOKE" I told my girl sorry, but I simply cannot train there. It's not a real gym. I explained to her how the DB's only go to 60 lbs., there's virtually no free weights, the machine's suck horribly etc etc. I also told her not to take it personal, it's fine for her but a waste of my time. I explained that the people who run this place don't want me here as much as I don't want to be here.

She was totally cool about it.  Point is If you are serious about training and have halfway decent size and strength, you really have no choice but to put up with the occasional testo-douche at Gold's gym because it's an actual gym, which is a necessity.

OMFG!  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »
I have not heard of a SINGLE Planet Fitness in So Cal.

I think if they tried to bring their business model to So Cal they would get smacked out of the gym/fitness business within 12-18 months.

trust me, they are on the way...There isn't a gym out west that can withstand $10 dollar membership fee's with no start up(and stay like that 4ever)...Or you can pay $100 for the year straight up

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »
That makes perfect sense to me, fact of the matter is I am about half your size so the 75 pounders are sufficient, and the barbells you can obviously put whatever you want on(as long as you use a collar mind you! ;D). I just go to Ballys to deadlift every few weeks, cuz there is no possible way to DL at PF. Most of the things I say to defend PF is largely due to the fact that I got suckered into joining anyway, so I hype it up a bit on here for the fuck of it, but it seriously is not as bad as some people make it sound.

It is that bad i was visiting a freind in north carolina and his gym was PF, it was the gayest and worst gym, i have ever been too, it looked like a big mcdonalds

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
I think if they tried to bring their business model to So Cal they would get smacked out of the gym/fitness business within 12-18 months.

guess you've never been to Sports Club LA.   dumbbells only go up to 70 or so.   but they have valet parking

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52:10 PM »
 :-X
HAHA, RON.....

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 03:22:10 AM »
:-X

That would be so embarrassing, everyone knows the premium members get black shirts! ;D
E

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 04:26:36 AM »
Every now and then I go to a gym to spice things up - just nonsense workouts to have fun... try machines, etc.
The best gym I've ever been to was some kinda beauty asylum - nonhardcore, very expensive, good equipment and awesome sauna, pools.
At home I have a bench, barbells, dumbbells - enough for me.