Author Topic: Is this what America is coming to?  (Read 7328 times)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Re: Is this what America is coming to?
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
You probably wish you were 25 again.  Maybe you'd do somethings differently.  Like not start this thread.

You're very predictable, and young.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »
You're very predictable, and young.
And guess what?  You couldn't out debate me.  Pretty sad for you.  Your arguments weren't even factually, let alone persuasive.  I'm still laughing that you used the minimum wage as the "working wage". 

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »
And guess what?  You couldn't out debate me.  Pretty sad for you.  Your arguments weren't even factually, let alone persuasive.  I'm still laughing that you used the minimum wage as the "working wage". 

Again, your reading comprehension skills are horrible.

Please, educate yourself on what's going on in America.

www.cnn.com

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2008, 06:57:44 PM »
Again, your reading comprehension skills are horrible.

Please, educate yourself on what's going on in America.

www.cnn.com

hahaha good to see that you go to a very unbiased source for all your news needs. 

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »
hahaha good to see that you go to a very unbiased source for all your news needs. 

Here is another link for you, dumbass.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/news/0805/gallery.real_people_gas/index.html

You are the most ignorant person I have seen online.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »
Here is another link for you, dumbass.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/news/0805/gallery.real_people_gas/index.html

You are the most ignorant person I have seen online.

hahahah.  I never said we weren't in an economic crunch, but you feel the need to post some story about some down on their luck lady and think its a accurcate representation of the entire US economy.  And i'm ignorant?   You are not a smart man.  You've made that painfully obvious to everyone on this board.  You can't even form a valid argument without falling all over yourself; stating made up facts and using weak examples.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »
hahahah.  I never said we weren't in an economic crunch, but you feel the need to post some story about some down on their luck lady and think its a accurcate representation of the entire US economy.  And i'm ignorant?   You are not a smart man.  You've made that painfully obvious to everyone on this board.  You can't even form a valid argument without falling all over yourself; stating made up facts and using weak examples.

You're like a puppet.

Again, your reading comprehension skills are horrible. Go to bed son, your mom will be knocking on your door soon.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »
Actually...

As I spent time in the trailer park, both living then later owning properties -

I've seen people get out of rehab, jail, divorce, whatever, and turn things around.  You can get an efficiency - 1 BR with a bed and tv and bathroom - for $150 a week around here with no problem, and $100 a week if you don't mind bugs.

You go to Labor pool, AbleBody, ManPower, whatever your local day labor place is.  You make $10 an hour, you might be digging ditches, you might be getting walmart shopping carts, who knows.  But you can make $80 per day.  That's $400 per week you can earn, just working 5 days and no nights or weekends.  Spend 100 on rent, and 100 on bus/food, and you put away $200 per wk. 

Go down to your local community college on your first day off.  Sign up.  You'll get grants and loans out the ass.  They'll pay for all your classes and you'll have a few grand left over per semester to get yourself a better place to stay, better car, better everything.

I was 18 and dead broke living in the trailer park, playing basketball every day, no plan for college, no car, no job, etc.  No one in my family on either side has ever finished college, and only a few ever walked the high school stage.  I got a job at the grocery store (walked 2 miles to work in FL heat until I could afford a bike, rode till I could afford a shitty car with no A/C).  I got a car, applied at college, got loans, got books, kept working.  Today I'm an MBA with a teaching degree and multiple computer certifications, I work 5 hours a day from home in my PJs while playing with my son, and I play in a band at night for fun.  I do what I want in life now, because I worked so hard as a youth.  My brother and sister are still poor, wallowing in the same mess I came from.

You CAN get ahead in America, you just have to bust your ass and not be stupid with your $. 

I didn't know all that about you, nice work 240.
E

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
You're like a puppet.

Again, your reading comprehension skills are horrible. Go to bed son, your mom will be knocking on your door soon.
Do you know what "reading comprehension" means?  You're not writing anything to comprehend.  You're a desperate man.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
You're not writing anything to comprehend. 

Sure I am. You just too dumb to comprehend it.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:30 PM »
How much does Mcdonalds pay? Like 12 bucks an hour or something? She should go work there. She could at least afford a shitty trailer or something. Either way she is going to die broke, you can't just start over at 67 with no job experience(a trained monkey can be a loan processor) and turn your life around.
E

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
America is a sick society. the West is rotten at its core. it has abandoned the wishes of Allah (Go) in order to let homosexuals run free and women try to take the places of men, something they are not capable of ever doing.

Western Democracy has failed. The economy has failed in America. Personal happiness has not happened and the gays and women have too much power.
I genuinely do believe that the West could save itself by embracing Islam and stopping the lunacy.

hi Squadfather

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
Sure I am. You just too dumb to comprehend it.
hahahahahhahha

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »
Either way she is going to die broke, you can't just start over at 67 with no job experience(a trained monkey can be a loan processor) and turn your life around.

Thank you.

Why can't anyone else understand that? :-\

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »
Thank you.

Why can't anyone else understand that? :-\
ahahhahhahahhaa

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
hahahahahhahha

Go to bed son, it's past your bedtime.

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »
How much does Mcdonalds pay? Like 12 bucks an hour or something? She should go work there. She could at least afford a shitty trailer or something. Either way she is going to die broke, you can't just start over at 67 with no job experience(a monkey can be a loan processor) and turn your life around.

Why work in a position that you find beneath you when you can live in your SUV and complain to an empathetic viewing audience?  Surely the later option provides more potential for improving your situation, no?
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2008, 07:27:53 PM »
Go to bed son, it's past your bedtime.
hahahaha you've got 3 pages of statements like this.  Is this what i'm supposed to comprhend?  hahahahhaha  You're such a smart guy.  Your arguments are flawless. ahahhahahah

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2008, 07:30:16 PM »
Why work in a position that you find beneath you when you can live in your SUV and complain to an empathetic viewing audience?  Surely the later option provides more potential for improving your situation, no?

Dude, it's more than that. High paying jobs are getting harder to find.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »
hahahaha you've got 3 pages of statements like this.  Is this what i'm supposed to comprhend?  hahahahhaha  You're such a smart guy.  Your arguments are flawless. ahahhahahah

You're an idiot, with no education. stfu ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »
We're supposed to feel sorry for her because she was dumb enough to rent a $1 million condo and then lost it? Shes a retard. Btw, where are her kids in all of this, it sais shes got three of them youd think at least one would be good enough to help out their mother.

Amen.

Someone who clearly didn't how to manage money.  ::) Why would anyone feel sorry for her, and as you pointed out, why aren't her three kids helping her?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »
I've got a BS in Economics from the University of Florida.  What do you have?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »
You're the guy who tried to show a cost of living increase by using the min wage which makes up less than 2% of our population.  You're not a smart man.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2008, 07:44:11 PM »
No one goes wanting in this country without really trying. Our poorest are our fattest, and each has more cars, electronics, and essential brand-name urban wear/bling than the average African has food. Fuck the homeless.

And the dogs'll be fine, as soon as she sets them free.  

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
I've got a BS in Economics from the University of Florida.

Well, apparently they didn't teach you anything about simple arithmetic, reading comprehension or grammar. How in the hell have you "slipped through the cracks?"