Author Topic: Don't blame us for prices - oil execs  (Read 8586 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Don't blame us for prices - oil execs
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
LOL and thats the game youre gonna play...nice.. good luck with that

liberals.. hahaha look..hahaha see...

fuckin kid.. i have told you this wasnt a political thing for a year now.. an you are still playing this game.. man o man are you fucked in the head

Its all Bush's fault....we've been cozing up to the House of Saud for years and its all the Repubs fault..nope its America's fault and we have it in our power to change course. How nice would it have been if Bush could have told the Saudi's to go pound sand last week whne they refused to up oil production.

and thats from hh6 a republican...

but i see your whole schtick is to play the us vs them game... im not gonna even insult you any more..

I thought your whole argument was that supply and demand had no play in this? 

Or can't you even keep track of your own arguments?   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
QE2. Oil priced in dollars. Do the math.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2011, 09:44:54 AM »

I thought your whole argument was that supply and demand had no play in this? 

Or can't you even keep track of your own arguments?   

what are you talking about.. i still feel that.. where are you going with this.. that post had nothing to do with that.. i was just showing you how youre talking about liberals that complained about Bush and oil.. and the bold print is a conservative repub......blaming Bush..keep up son

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »
and its obamas fault for the unemployment right.. not the economy tanking before he got office.. wow ok

Obama has made things DRASTICALLY worse with all his utopian bullshit.  But as a 95% er, I would never expect you to realize or understand that, let alone think for yourself.    

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Obama has made things DRASTICALLY worse with all his utopian bullshit.  But as a 95% er, I would never expect you to realize or understand that, let alone think for yourself.    

what are you talking about.. i still feel that.. where are you going with this.. that post had nothing to do with that.. i was just showing you how youre talking about liberals that complained about Bush and oil.. and the bold print is a conservative repub......blaming Bush..keep up son

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »

Hey Option FAIL - look at HH^'s argument that you pimped.   You fucking idiot.  Seriously - do you even read what you post lately.  

His claim was that we should have dealt with SA over SSSSUUUUPPPLLLYYYY an then you bumped it as supposedly the cause of the problem.  

Yet - your whole thing has been that supply and demand has nothing to do with the price.

Seriously - at what point do you look in the mirror and check yo self?    

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
calm down susan,..i didnt say i agree with him over the reasons.. i just found it funny that a repub blamed Bush.. and you ignore it...

now if you watch news.. there is no supply shortage in oil to the US before of after this middle eastern conflict...

Speculators, not supply and demand, are driving oil prices up .By KEVIN G. HALL
McClatchy Newspapers
WASHINGTON -- Why? If demand is down and supplies are plentiful — and they are — why would prices be going up?

Because Wall Street speculators are driving up oil and gasoline prices again — just in time to dampen holiday cheer.

“It’s all about investor optimism, and that’s been the story about 2010 ... that’s the primary reason why we’re seeing oil prices at $90 (a barrel) and gasoline making an uncharacteristic climb in December towards $3 a gallon,” said Troy Green, a national spokesman for the AAA Motor Club, which monitors gasoline prices.

AAA’s Fuel Gauge Report shows the nationwide average for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline stood at $2.968 on Wednesday. That’s up 11 cents a gallon from a month ago and 33 cents a gallon over one year ago. That means it costs about $1.65 more per fill-up than a month ago and $4.95 more than a year ago.

It’s even worse on the West Coast, where this week prices have averaged higher than $3.15 a gallon, according to Energy Department data.

If oil prices keep climbing beyond $100 per barrel, as Goldman Sachs projects for 2011, higher fuel prices may blunt efforts by the Obama administration and the Federal Reserve to stimulate the weak economy.

“I think we’re at that point. With (nearly) 10 percent unemployment, it’s a much more impoverished consumer that can’t afford it. It’s almost a bludgeoning instrument in terms of what it will do to consumer sentiment,” said John Kilduff, a veteran energy analyst and partner in the hedge fund Again Capital. “What might have been a very bright shopping season could get the wind taken out of its sails by these high prices.”

Rising prices could erase the stimulus coming from the 2 percentage point reduction in payroll taxes proposed this week by President Barack Obama and Republican congressional leaders. This would hit the working poor particularly hard.

“The money they get from government tax relief, they’ll have to go pay in higher prices for food and energy,” said Michael Masters, head of Masters Capital Management and a frequent witness before Congress about financial speculation in oil contracts.

The Energy Information Administration, the statistical arm of the Energy Department, said Wednesday that there is, in fact, increasing demand for oil compared with last year’s low demand amid the recession.

But supplies are abundant, it said in its weekly report, This Week in Petroleum — especially when compared with a few years ago.

Obama’s departing chief economic adviser, Lawrence Summers, shrugged off rising oil prices Wednesday.

“Oil goes up, oil goes down,” he said.

Economic growth in emerging markets and China has raised global demand for oil, the EIA said, while U.S. demand for oil year-over-year grew by 750,000 barrels per day in August and 900,000 in September. The numbers, it said, are of “an order approaching, or even exceeding, growth levels seen in China.”

However, the EIA cautioned that “even given strong growth this year, U.S. oil demand remains well below peak levels seen in 2005, and recent growth rates relative to year-ago levels are not expected to continue.”

There’s been so much oil in storage on land this year that oil tankers were actually converted into floating storage facilities.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 09:55:36 AM »
Saudi: No oil supply problem
Published: 8/03/2011 at 08:31 PM
Online news:
Tweet
World oil prices slid Tuesday as Saudi Oil Minister Ali Naimi said the amount of crude available on the world market was "very adequate" amid fears the Libya crisis could cause a supply shortage.

New York's main contract, light sweet crude for delivery in April, shed $1.12 to $104.32 a barrel, one day after soaring to $106.95 -- the highest level for 2.5 years.

In late London trade Tuesday, Brent North Sea crude for April was down $2.23 to $112.81.

Naimi told Saudi Arabia's state SPA news agency: "Current supplies in the market are very adequate, and there is an extra output capacity that could be used if needed.

"Recent crude prices do not reflect the fundamentals of supply and demand in the oil market as much as they are caused by financial speculation and a negative and unrealistic take on supplies," he said.

Naimi added that Saudi Arabia had an extra output capacity of 3.5 million barrels per day "which could be used and help in covering any shortage".

Analysts said the dip in prices could be short-lived as cyber-activists in OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia have called for protests Friday demanding change in the kingdom -- stoking concerns Riyadh faces a political test too.

"My only concern is that tensions are still there for other Middle East countries and any further uprisings could see oil spike further," ETX Capital trader Manoj Ladwa told AFP.

Members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) are holding consultations over the oil market in light of the Libyan turmoil, the Kuwaiti oil minister said on Tuesday.

"We are in consultation but have not yet decided which direction" we are heading, Sheikh Ahmad Abdullah al-Sabah told reporters when asked if OPEC was discussing whether to raise crude production.

He also denied that Kuwait, OPEC's fifth largest producer, had increased output.

The OPEC cartel pumps about 40 percent of the world's oil.

Crude oil prices had jumped on Monday as traders fretted about escalating clashes in Libya between forces loyal to Kadhafi and rebels seeking to end his four-decade rule.

Rebels on Tuesday said they rejected a mediator's offer of talks with Kadhafi and demanded that he leave the country. Tripoli meanwhile dismissed as "rubbish" any suggestion of an approach from the Libyan leader.

"Along with talk of ... Kadhafi looking for a safe exit, crude oil has retraced some of its recent gains," trader Ladwa said.

Oil prices also weakened on Tuesday as the United States refused to rule out tapping its oil reserves to tackle high oil prices.

White House chief of staff William Daley said Sunday that the US had not ruled out tapping its strategic oil reserves to help dampen the higher cost of oil.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »
And why is investor optimism down? Hint: QE2 and other reckless Obama policies.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »
Drilling will do nothing but enrich those who get the contracts to drill.  In the end the price will continue to rise.
Abandon every hope...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
And why is investor optimism down? Hint: QE2 and other reckless Obama policies.

ohhhhhhh ok... so its obamas fault.. cool..

id take that rather than "there is a low supply so the blah blah" that shit was dispelled a long time ago..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
Yergin: Oil prices not driven by supply and demand…
Michael Giberson

Reuter’s reports remarks of Daniel Yergin made in Singapore:

“Oil prices today do not reflect the world’s supply and demand fundamentals. Instead, prices are reflective of the weak dollar and expectations of a strong economic recovery,” Yergin told reporters on the sidelines of a conference.

Changing value of the dollar aside, isn’t all that Yergin is saying is “it isn’t supply and demand, it is expectations about supply and demand”?  And don’t the twin concepts of supply and demand already embed expectations, so isn’t all that Yergin is saying is “it isn’t supply and demand, but really, it is supply and demand”?

Maybe, slightly more charitably, Yergin might be taken as emphasizing that recent oil price movements have been driven by expectations of future supplies and demands rather than simply based on immediate production and consumption plans.

Or maybe what Yergin is saying is, “it isn’t supply and demand fundamentals, so don’t go hiring some cheapy, low-class energy economics consulting firm, instead you need a prize-winning energy consultant who can dress up ordinary supply and demand factors in words worthy of our world-class fees

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 09:58:39 AM »
calm down susan,..i didnt say i agree with him over the reasons.. i just found it funny that a repub blamed Bush.. and you ignore it...

now if you watch news.. there is no supply shortage in oil to the US before of after this middle eastern conflict...

Speculators, not supply and demand, are driving oil prices up .By KEVIN G. HALL
McClatchy Newspapers
WASHINGTON -- Why? If demand is down and supplies are plentiful — and they are — why would prices be going up?

Because Wall Street speculators are driving up oil and gasoline prices again — just in time to dampen holiday cheer.

“It’s all about investor optimism, and that’s been the story about 2010 ... that’s the primary reason why we’re seeing oil prices at $90 (a barrel) and gasoline making an uncharacteristic climb in December towards $3 a gallon,” said Troy Green, a national spokesman for the AAA Motor Club, which monitors gasoline prices.

AAA’s Fuel Gauge Report shows the nationwide average for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline stood at $2.968 on Wednesday. That’s up 11 cents a gallon from a month ago and 33 cents a gallon over one year ago. That means it costs about $1.65 more per fill-up than a month ago and $4.95 more than a year ago.

It’s even worse on the West Coast, where this week prices have averaged higher than $3.15 a gallon, according to Energy Department data.

If oil prices keep climbing beyond $100 per barrel, as Goldman Sachs projects for 2011, higher fuel prices may blunt efforts by the Obama administration and the Federal Reserve to stimulate the weak economy.

“I think we’re at that point. With (nearly) 10 percent unemployment, it’s a much more impoverished consumer that can’t afford it. It’s almost a bludgeoning instrument in terms of what it will do to consumer sentiment,” said John Kilduff, a veteran energy analyst and partner in the hedge fund Again Capital. “What might have been a very bright shopping season could get the wind taken out of its sails by these high prices.”

Rising prices could erase the stimulus coming from the 2 percentage point reduction in payroll taxes proposed this week by President Barack Obama and Republican congressional leaders. This would hit the working poor particularly hard.

“The money they get from government tax relief, they’ll have to go pay in higher prices for food and energy,” said Michael Masters, head of Masters Capital Management and a frequent witness before Congress about financial speculation in oil contracts.

The Energy Information Administration, the statistical arm of the Energy Department, said Wednesday that there is, in fact, increasing demand for oil compared with last year’s low demand amid the recession.

But supplies are abundant, it said in its weekly report, This Week in Petroleum — especially when compared with a few years ago.

Obama’s departing chief economic adviser, Lawrence Summers, shrugged off rising oil prices Wednesday.

“Oil goes up, oil goes down,” he said.

Economic growth in emerging markets and China has raised global demand for oil, the EIA said, while U.S. demand for oil year-over-year grew by 750,000 barrels per day in August and 900,000 in September. The numbers, it said, are of “an order approaching, or even exceeding, growth levels seen in China.”

However, the EIA cautioned that “even given strong growth this year, U.S. oil demand remains well below peak levels seen in 2005, and recent growth rates relative to year-ago levels are not expected to continue.”

There’s been so much oil in storage on land this year that oil tankers were actually converted into floating storage facilities.

::)  ::)  

Oil procies and food prices and commodity prices were SKYROCKETING due to QE2 and other WTF policies well before the ME flare up.  the ME situationis just a convenient ruse for obama dildos to shift responsibility for hs reckless and irresponsible policies.      

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »

ohhhhhhh ok... so its obamas fault.. cool..

id take that rather than "there is a low supply so the blah blah" that shit was dispelled a long time ago..

Hahaha, so you don't think QE2 and the rest of Obama's ridiculous economic policies had anything to do with it? If so, you're farther gone than I thought.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 09:59:49 AM »

::)  ::)  

Oil procies and food prices and commodity prices were SKYROCKETING due to QE2 and other WTF policies well before the ME flare up.  the ME situationis just a convenient ruse for obama dildos to shift responsibility for hs reckless and irresponsible policies.      

so its not supply and demand or is it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
Yergin: Oil prices not driven by supply and demand…
Michael Giberson

Reuter’s reports remarks of Daniel Yergin made in Singapore:

“Oil prices today do not reflect the world’s supply and demand fundamentals. Instead, prices are reflective of the weak dollar and expectations of a strong economic recovery,” Yergin told reporters on the sidelines of a conference.

Changing value of the dollar aside, isn’t all that Yergin is saying is “it isn’t supply and demand, it is expectations about supply and demand”?  And don’t the twin concepts of supply and demand already embed expectations, so isn’t all that Yergin is saying is “it isn’t supply and demand, but really, it is supply and demand”?

Maybe, slightly more charitably, Yergin might be taken as emphasizing that recent oil price movements have been driven by expectations of future supplies and demands rather than simply based on immediate production and consumption plans.

Or maybe what Yergin is saying is, “it isn’t supply and demand fundamentals, so don’t go hiring some cheapy, low-class energy economics consulting firm, instead you need a prize-winning energy consultant who can dress up ordinary supply and demand factors in words worthy of our world-class fees

amd why is thedollar weak option F?     hhhhmmmmm?  ? ?  ? ?  ? ?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
so its not supply and demand or is it?

It's the perception of supply and demand and actual supply and demand. Something being helped along by Obama's refusal to drill and the fact that Saudi Arabia's vaunted excess capacity is pretty much little more than a fairy tale.

amd why is thedollar weak option F?     hhhhmmmmm?  ? ?  ? ?  ? ?

Couldn't be QE2 and the other suicidal economic policies of the dipshit in the WH.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »
Hahaha, so you don't think QE2 and the rest of Obama's ridiculous economic policies had anything to do with it? If so, you're farther gone than I thought.
miss me with that "further gone shit"
Im calling a spade a spade. And i dont defend Obama on most of the shit he has pulled, but what im not gonna do is place blame where it isnt warrented. As a smart guy i just cant do it. Now we can go on and put the arguments in order or make a cluster fuck that ends with obama again..
My arguments have always been.. Oil supply has never been in danger. The lack of new refineries are the issue. The US refineries still get all the oil they can handle.
Thats my argument and it has always been my arguments. The changes in prices are a result of "we can do what the fuck we want" attitudes by oil companies. Because if the regular rules of economics applied. The fact that the prices rise and the demand lowers but there are still record profits made suggests that simple supply demand effect isnt applicable here.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 10:07:42 AM »
It's the perception of supply and demand and actual supply and demand. Something being helped along by Obama's refusal to drill and the fact that Saudi Arabia's vaunted excess capacity is pretty much little more than a fairy tale.

Couldn't be QE2 and the other suicidal economic policies of the dipshit in the WH.

ok i see aint no changing your mind on this.. it isnt supply..it isnt the perception of supply...we all know there is a shit ton of supply.. there hasnt been a day since the 70s that we havent refined at 100% capacity.. thats just truth. so its not like there is a shortage or the thought of a shortage. it just isnt.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »
There's a shit ton of supply? When you factor in the ever-increasing demand from the developing world then no, there really isn't. Saudi Arabia's claimed ability to produce an excess 2-3 million barrels a day is a fairy tale.

Oil was already ready rising before Libya and the ME unrest thanks to QE2 and other failed Obama policies.

If gas hits $5/gallon and stays there for a prolonged period of time coupled with the current job situation then I guarantee the Messiah won't win reelection.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
ok i see aint no changing your mind on this.. it isnt supply..it isnt the perception of supply...we all know there is a shit ton of supply.. there hasnt been a day since the 70s that we havent refined at 100% capacity.. thats just truth. so its not like there is a shortage or the thought of a shortage. it just isnt.

And guess what?   Obama's EPA shut down Texas refinery permits as recent as last year.  

So do me a favor - SSSTTTFFFUUU with your kneepadding of this horrible admn and stop being a lock step hack with whatever it does.      

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
And guess what?   Obama's EPA shut down Texas refinery permits as recent as last year.  

So do me a favor - SSSTTTFFFUUU with your kneepadding of this horrible admn and stop being a lock step hack with whatever it does.       

aye bitch.. i told you a million times before ... so the fucking lock step shit dosent fly.. it just dosent not when i made a list of shit i dont agree with. now you can say "well you just want him to be more liberal" it dosent take away from the fact that im not in line wit the majority of shit he does.. so take a chill pill. back away from the caps lock key and shut the fuck up little man

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
There's a shit ton of supply? When you factor in the ever-increasing demand from the developing world then no, there really isn't. Saudi Arabia's claimed ability to produce an excess 2-3 million barrels a day is a fairy tale.

Oil was already ready rising before Libya and the ME unrest thanks to QE2 and other failed Obama policies.

If gas hits $5/gallon and stays there for a prolonged period of time coupled with the current job situation then I guarantee the Messiah won't win reelection.

So do you think that we have refineries that are operational with no supply?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »
So do you think that we have refineries that are operational with no supply?

We're not producing what we're capable of producing thanks to the Messiah's refusal to issue new permits.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »
We're not producing what we're capable of producing thanks to the Messiah's refusal to issue new permits.

so that means you think that we have refineries that are not working at 100% capacity?