Author Topic: Best Fat Burner?  (Read 5954 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Best Fat Burner?
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 07:54:16 AM »
i remember that.

have you ever read lyle mcdonald?

he is on my side of this fence...    in his stuff he explans it how he sees it, that the fat intake is only a calorie ballast to avoid metabolic slow down..  he says makes a big note of the fact that ketosis and a fat metabolism is not dictated by the amount of fatty acids present in the diet, but by the amount(or lack of) glucose in th diet.   

i will go back and read body opus and anabolic diet later today though to see wha they exactly say on this

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 08:07:34 AM »
I have read Lyle's Ultimate Diet 2.0.  He kind of backs up my points quite well...

And, under certain conditions, ketosis has potential benefits.
One is protein sparing. Arguably the main reason the brain shifts to using ketones during
starvation is to reduce its reliance on glucose; this means less body protein needs to be broken
down to make glucose.
In studies where protein intake is too low, ketosis may also be protein
sparing.

However, UD2 doesn't actually get you into ketosis, or at least it's not concerned with it.  Granted UD2 is considered a cyclical ketogenic diet, it's more of a caloric cycling diet - where you go from periods of extremely low-calorie (50% of maintenance) to very high-calorie.  The carbohydrate levels are not the heart of the conversation with that book.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
In your guy's opinion what would be a potent enough fat burner to help me lose atleast 20lbs in 2 months? Im looking to cut up, this is the first time i have tried to do this.

Any feedback would help thanx.
lipodrene by high tech.

bench

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »
I have read Lyle's Ultimate Diet 2.0.  He kind of backs up my points quite well...

And, under certain conditions, ketosis has potential benefits.
One is protein sparing. Arguably the main reason the brain shifts to using ketones during
starvation is to reduce its reliance on glucose; this means less body protein needs to be broken
down to make glucose.
In studies where protein intake is too low, ketosis may also be protein
sparing.

However, UD2 doesn't actually get you into ketosis, or at least it's not concerned with it.  Granted UD2 is considered a cyclical ketogenic diet, it's more of a caloric cycling diet - where you go from periods of extremely low-calorie (50% of maintenance) to very high-calorie.  The carbohydrate levels are not the heart of the conversation with that book.

im not so sure that the amount of glucose it takes to run the brain is even significant though. what is it... 20 grams per day glucose needed for brain function when not in ketosis? well i can get 20 grams per day from green leafy evegetables to cover that glucose demand...so that means i would still be just as protein sparing as a ketosis diet...    BUT, i would be losing fat faster because of higher intake of green leafy's..and other things lik i can get a higher percentage of  calories from protein (more thermic effect, and also less energy calories)..

alot of bodybuilders diet on protein diets. branch warrenn does it. kai green does it. ben white does it..  i kow theres more but those ones i know fosho..