Author Topic: Why so many lawyers on getbig?  (Read 5132 times)

Moosejay

Re: Why so many lawyers on getbig?
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 06:57:22 AM »
Get rich the American way:

Sue somebody ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2008, 08:25:41 AM »
His lawyer is stating "that he has been a good and caring father, no monster. He could have killed them all, but hasn't".
unreal!
R

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
When asked how his client could have beaten, zapped with a stun gun, choked, injected with morphine, and burnt alive in the trunk of a Jaguar, Craig Titus's attorney said, "He could have killed her but he didn't. She died of smoke inhalation, completely unrelated to the beating, stun gun zaps, choking, morphine injections, and accidental car burning."
BigNationRadio.com

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »
I've employed many lawyers. One of my best friends is a lawyer. I hate lawyers. I Iove lawyers.
a

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2008, 08:59:29 AM »
I've employed many lawyers. One of my best friends is a lawyer. I hate lawyers. I Iove lawyers.
Very taoistic comment.

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2008, 09:01:17 AM »
When asked how his client could have beaten, zapped with a stun gun, choked, injected with morphine, and burnt alive in the trunk of a Jaguar, Craig Titus's attorney said, "He could have killed her but he didn't. She died of smoke inhalation, completely unrelated to the beating, stun gun zaps, choking, morphine injections, and accidental car burning."

Did he actually say THAT?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2008, 09:31:41 AM »

Is this attorney that came up w/the name Fred Hitterman ::)

Ed, you must be joking about that quote?
R

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »
I don't have a problem with criminal lawyers... everyone is entitled to representation.  It's the tort lawyers who take bullshit marginal cases on contingency, class-actions, etc who are ruining our country.
I think "ruining our country" is a bit overstated, bro.
!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »
Dude is 19 years old. I seriously doubt he's completed six years of postgraduate education.  ::)

18-Year-Old Kathleen Holtz Passes the California Bar
Posted by Peter Lattman

Two years ago, the WSJ broke news that Kathleen Sullivan, the noted constitutional scholar and former dean of Stanford Law School, failed the California bar, notorious for being the hardest in the nation. (Sullivan passed the second time around.)

Today we have happier bar-exam news about another Kathleen — 18-year-old Kathleen Holtz (pictured). Last month we introduced you to Holtz, a first-year associate at TroyGould in Los Angeles who was awating her bar results.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/11/19/18-year-old-kathleen-holtz-passes-the-california-bar/

Most lawyers only have three of post-graduate education.

True-4 years of college and 3 years of post graduate/law school.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »

;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »
candidate is a child protege. I saw him on Oprah when he was 3 playing the piano and composing sonnets. Now he is answering the call of the iron.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
candidate is a child protege. I saw him on Oprah when he was 3 playing the piano and composing sonnets. Now he is answering the call of the iron.

I saw him Montel the other day saying Montel had 12 inch arms and was bald.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2008, 12:11:29 PM »
18-Year-Old Kathleen Holtz Passes the California Bar
Posted by Peter Lattman

Two years ago, the WSJ broke news that Kathleen Sullivan, the noted constitutional scholar and former dean of Stanford Law School, failed the California bar, notorious for being the hardest in the nation. (Sullivan passed the second time around.)

Today we have happier bar-exam news about another Kathleen — 18-year-old Kathleen Holtz (pictured). Last month we introduced you to Holtz, a first-year associate at TroyGould in Los Angeles who was awating her bar results.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/11/19/18-year-old-kathleen-holtz-passes-the-california-bar/

True-4 years of college and 3 years of post graduate/law school.

Neat, dude. I always wondered because you seemed to show a great deal of knowledge in your posts.

Moosejay

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »
I don't have a problem with criminal lawyers... everyone is entitled to representation.  It's the tort lawyers who take bullshit marginal cases on contingency, class-actions, etc who are ruining our country.

That does, of course, go both ways.

I have had patients who are full of shit about their 'injuries'.

I have had those who have lost their homes, jobs, everything from getting screwed by the insrance machine

Moosejay

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
I saw him Montel the other day saying Montel had 12 inch arms and was bald.

Many here don't likely know that Montel Williams actually competed in bb prior to tv. I believe the INBF....anyone have details?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »
Many here don't likely know that Montel Williams actually competed in bb prior to tv. I believe the INBF....anyone have details?

lol, I didn't know that.

Montel is a unique man. I believe he promotes the passing of medical marijuana laws in NJ.

Moosejay

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »
lol, I didn't know that.

Montel is a unique man. I believe he promotes the passing of medical marijuana laws in NJ.

Yes.

He was a Navy seal and was stationed on a submarine...first to do something or other up that avenue...don't recall what but it was unique.

He was giving a 'say no to drugs' type speach at the White House when Nancy Reagan espied him as someone to listen to...then got his tv gig and here you are.

Has MS...I guess he endorses MM for pain control...sorry to say it likely will not happen.

Was making 10 million per year from tv contract alone prior to last show last week.

Had beautiful wife and kids until she unceremoniously tossed his clothing onto the front lawn of his mansion (formerly his)here in CT

Moosejay

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »
BTW...in all respect...I don't think he was too successful as a bb...but tv seems to have worked out just fine

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »
Two exams down, one to go... The law of trusts and equity.

Hurrah!

I done my trust and equity one on wednesday. Tough as fuck. Choose beneficiary principle and 3 certainties as one question, breach of trust as the second and charities and cy-pres as third. Tough as i was sick and got next to no sleep. doubt i done well enough

One more on thursday and all being well ill be John. D. Goudy LLB lol

i hat ealmost my whole class pricks.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
Yes.

He was a Navy seal and was stationed on a submarine...first to do something or other up that avenue...don't recall what but it was unique.

He was giving a 'say no to drugs' type speach at the White House when Nancy Reagan espied him as someone to listen to...then got his tv gig and here you are.

Has MS...I guess he endorses MM for pain control...sorry to say it likely will not happen.

Was making 10 million per year from tv contract alone prior to last show last week.

Had beautiful wife and kids until she unceremoniously tossed his clothing onto the front lawn of his mansion (formerly his)here in CT

Question here, Moose. As someone who's experienced extreme pain, do you believe marijuana is a good alternative to opiates? Safer even?

I find it good for relaxing the muscles and for pain treatment. I remember when I hurt my right shoulder I had trouble sleeping because I couldn't even roll around in bed. Marijuana tended to mask some of the pain and helped me get through the night.

Moosejay

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2008, 12:48:33 PM »
I done my trust and equity one on wednesday. Tough as fuck. Choose beneficiary principle and 3 certainties as one question, breach of trust as the second and charities and cy-pres as third. Tough as i was sick and got next to no sleep. doubt i done well enough

Ha!

Someday...you will speak romantically of these times...accept the words of one who knows.

Moosejay

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »
Question here, Moose. As someone who's experienced extreme pain, do you believe marijuana is a good alternative to opiates? Safer even?

I find it good for relaxing the muscles and for pain treatment. I remember when I hurt my right shoulder I had trouble sleeping because I couldn't even roll around in bed. Marijuana tended to mask some of the pain and helped me get through the night.

Hmmm.

Being fair...and never having smoked pot...I couldn't say. I'd aver that opiates would act in a more circumscribed and effective way...but likely with worse long term potential health effects (in a bad way, natch).

I am living with 4 week post total right should reconstruction right now...I know whatcha mean as far as sleeping (or, trying to!).

Sorry I could not give you a better answer...hope you feel better.

Nothing has given me more pain than RSDS...Have lived with it for years...kept me in hospital for a total of over one year!:

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2008, 12:55:23 PM »

I'm doing three certainties, constructive trusts and charities, hopefully.

What have you got next week?

Moosejay

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »
You guys likely already know that you will truly learn to be lawyers when you are out in the field...in actual practice.

School usually incorporates the never-never land of theory.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
I'm doing three certainties, constructive trusts and charities, hopefully.

What have you got next week?

law and culyure.

i done evidence, law of business androman law first semesterm a research project, equity and law and culture this term.

cant waiut to finish