Author Topic: When does one "decides" to make a "career" out of the "fitness industry"?  (Read 3671 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You sound pretty sure about that Ed...are you?

I think Ed has underestimated any Getbigger's earning potential.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Most PTs don't make shit and are stupid. There are select PTs that probably make good dough. They're probably the reason why the pay scale even reaches 30 k a year lol

The Coach

The Coach

Average Salary of Certified Trainer: $23,300/year
Average Salary of Getbig-registered Certified Trainers: $123,300$310,168.00/year

Obviously, posting on Getbig is the only difference.

Fixed!

spinnis

The Coach

you make 25.000$ every month?

Thats what my business took in last year.

davidpaul

• Getbig V

Coach how does it feel being very rich?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
It's like any other business.

Some people do great, some don't. People have a hard time grasping this

Exactly.

Also, we are not all Americans here. In my country it is very well paid, very. I am sure many have read/heard about rich people who have 'summer homes' or retire in the tropics, well people like that make up a % of my gym members. <insert somebody saying that is false here>

Those numbers posted, no way could I hire a trainer for that, as I can't hire crappy folks, I need top guys who have solid papers, knowledge, personalities and physiques - and they don't work for $30k.

spinnis

Oh, I thought it was 20k a month for just personal trainer alone lol

The Coach

Oh, I thought it was 20k a month for just personal trainer alone lol

I am the business.

youandme

• Getbig V
Average Salary of Certified Trainer: $23,300/year
Average Salary of Getbig-registered Certified Trainers: $123,300/year

Obviously, posting on Getbig is the only difference.

whoa whoa quit low ballin us, most are pullin in $700 on average...PER DAY

The Coach

whoa whoa quit low ballin us, most are pullin in $700 on average...PER DAY

Don't know about most....but yes, $700 is about average for the full time independant contractor.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Thousands of trainers make at least that much.

Gimme a break. I doubt there are 100 trainers in NYC making 100K.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
all the salaries for the aforementioned "fitness and physical" careers sound about right. yeah, some p.t. do make bank, but boy do they have to hustle and hustle some more for the rest of their lives (who wants to do that!) i myself plan on getting certified to p.t. but only for a very small little sidejob to make some extra cash, i'm talking like maybe 5 to 6 hours a week and that's it. an hour each night after my regular 9 to 5 job.

as far as famous fitness people who aren't pro bber's here's an example: perhaps the 3 most famous fitness/bodybuilding stars who were never pro bber's are mike o'hearn, bill davey and clark bartram. all have tons of mag covers, tv appearances, etc. right now o'hearn is a american gladiator who also has done a bunch of b movies, but has money and stock in various enterprises as well. financially stable and successful.

bill davey no longer competing or modeling now co-owns and runs one of southern florida's best and biggest gyms ( the omni club in ft.myers,fla) and charges 100.00 an hour for personal training.financial stable and successful

clark bartram, tv shows (flex appeal, american health and fitness), workout videos, spokesperson for various fitness equipment, companies,etc.financial stable and successful.

so those are the money making routes currently of the 3 most successful and well known in the bb/fitness industry who didn't make money as pro bber's and were supposedly natural of all time , but what about the average joe bber/fitness competitor/model. (personal training until their 70? owning a gym until their 70? what else is there?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
$310,168.00/year

I now completely understand why you vote republican, and no longer support Clinton.

You're going to lose $30 to $40k of that money the minute Obama takes oath.  maybe more.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

that is incredible, joe.  Props for that.  For the young readers here interested in the field, what kind of hourse/schedule do you have to work to bring in that much?