Author Topic: Why do 'Big Name' Sponsors pass on bodybuilding?  (Read 10610 times)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Why do 'Big Name' Sponsors pass on bodybuilding?
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »
pro bodybuilding has ton of potential. ...every American works outs. the top pro guys are the top guys in the weightlifting. everything in life with a purpose has someone on top who people that are climbing the mountain look up to....i think the problem is the federation. its not cultivating itself to be open for business. i cant understand how something like golf can prosper more then bodybuildiing. you can be fat and out of shape and still be marketable in golf. so many things in america prosper even if they have no talent. pefect example is the music business. People who know music know that there is sooo much bullshit being played right now, but its still being bought. bodybuilders needs to be given more respect and be made as larger than life figures. when that is done, more people will buy into it. I mean, forgodsake fake wrestling is sought after by millions and millions and they still know its fake.....the ifbb needs to reward better, promote better, treat their athletes better so other can respect them also, and be making more money that the own athletes rep....i mean chic drives a cadillac escalade, i guarante you new pros cant afford that.....
                  Your Posts ring true you sound like a Pro.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2008, 04:05:47 PM »
                  Your Posts ring true you sound like a Pro.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

na...im not a pro...just something bodybuilding has not seen, but will soon

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
Good just make sure you compete for Fun as there is Fuk all Money in BB oh unless you are a Promoter or the IFBB or you own a BB website.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2008, 03:57:26 AM »
why do you have that picture on your computer sev ?  :-X
If you can read text under the picture, it means the picture's location has been copy pasted off the internet page where it was posted. Not an attachment.

You are welcome

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2008, 04:16:30 AM »
na...im not a pro...just something bodybuilding has not seen, but will soon

what do you mean?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2008, 06:38:13 AM »
pro bodybuilding has ton of potential. ...every American works outs. the top pro guys are the top guys in the weightlifting. everything in life with a purpose has someone on top who people that are climbing the mountain look up to....i think the problem is the federation. its not cultivating itself to be open for business. i cant understand how something like golf can prosper more then bodybuildiing. you can be fat and out of shape and still be marketable in golf. so many things in america prosper even if they have no talent. pefect example is the music business. People who know music know that there is sooo much bullshit being played right now, but its still being bought. bodybuilders needs to be given more respect and be made as larger than life figures. when that is done, more people will buy into it. I mean, forgodsake fake wrestling is sought after by millions and millions and they still know its fake.....the ifbb needs to reward better, promote better, treat their athletes better so other can respect them also, and be making more money that the own athletes rep....i mean chic drives a cadillac escalade, i guarante you new pros cant afford that.....

This is why I laugh when people give so much credit to the Weiners.  The Weiners did not promote BB in a way to make it grow properly.  They promoted it so it will make THEM money.  The bigger they could make it and still control it the better.  Why do you think major sponsors aren't involved as much, it is because the Weiners wouldn't let them.  They couldn't control an outside (of bodybuilding) entity.  The sponsors of BB now are controlled by the Weiders and the media they control.  If an outside sponsors like GM or  Coco-Cola came in and wanted to sponsor BB in a major way they are going to want to have some control. The Weiners wold never have that.  Where it is today the Weiners and the IFBB control everything.  Why do you think everytime another organization or contest that threatens the IFBB or the Weiners is shot down.  The sponsors are threatened.  No way could the Weiners threaten a sponsor that they don't control.

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »
Klaus, Valvalino, Jocelyn, Keeny Jones and the "Pose of Cancer". >:(
The Dude Abides

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 03:07:09 PM »
This is why I laugh when people give so much credit to the Weiners.  The Weiners did not promote BB in a way to make it grow properly.  They promoted it so it will make THEM money.  The bigger they could make it and still control it the better.  Why do you think major sponsors aren't involved as much, it is because the Weiners wouldn't let them.  They couldn't control an outside (of bodybuilding) entity.  The sponsors of BB now are controlled by the Weiders and the media they control.  If an outside sponsors like GM or  Coco-Cola came in and wanted to sponsor BB in a major way they are going to want to have some control. The Weiners wold never have that.  Where it is today the Weiners and the IFBB control everything.  Why do you think everytime another organization or contest that threatens the IFBB or the Weiners is shot down.  The sponsors are threatened.  No way could the Weiners threaten a sponsor that they don't control.

this trend will never stop until the ifbb bodybuilders build a union to protect themselves....or have chic actually start doing something other than make more money than the bodybuilders.......cadil lac ext 20

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
another stupid thread from hank wood ::)

the sponsors pass because nobody gives a shit about pro bodybuilding outside of the forums

E
E