Author Topic: Fedor crushes Silvia  (Read 11591 times)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
Re: Fedor crushes Silvia
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:06 AM »
He most certainly did not.

He most certainly did! Takada, for instance, was a five time Japan champion of Sambo, a professional wrestler who even qualified for the Olympics, and yet Rickson crushed him. Twice. It wasn't even close. What more do want him to do to prove himself? He won each and every single BJJ match he ever entered, the Japan Open four times and PRIDE two times. These were the top fighting championships from the time he was competing.
Did I also mention that his record in professional fights is 460-0? Did I also mention that, including brawls and amateur fights, his record is over 2,000 wins with no losses? Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but in the Ayuverdic religion of India, Rickson is regarded as an avatar, that is, the bodily incarnation of a god. Rickson can be defeated...but not by mortal men.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
  He most certainly did! Takada, for instance, was a five time Japan champion of Sambo, a professional wrestler who even qualified for the Olympics, and yet Rickson crushed him. Twice. It wasn't even close. What more do want him to do to prove himself? He won each and every single BJJ match he ever entered, the Japan Open four times and PRIDE two times. These were the top fighting championships from the time he was competing.
Did I also mention that his record in professional fights is 460-0? Did I also mention that, including brawls and amateur fights, his record is over 2,000 wins with no losses? Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but in the Ayuverdic religion of India, Rickson is regarded as an avatar, that is, the bodily incarnation of a god. Rickson can be defeated...but not by mortal men.

Didn't Helio once remark dryly that "If Rickson has 2000 wins I have over a million"?
From what I've read Rickson added some Dojo practice sessions to that 2000
I think Rickson (and you) have been drinking his own kool aid
Taken from Wiki
In an exclusive interview with Sherdog's Denis Martins, Rickson Gracie confirmed he was looking to return to the ring. "Possibly something in the beginning of next year, I hope," said Gracie, "if the price is right, I go for the competition.

Rickson has raised the ire of some in the MMA community by criticizing the abilities of current top fighters, claiming that he could still beat them easily today. In a recent interview with Tokyo Sports, Rickson argued that Fedor Emelianenko is a great athlete, but possesses "so-so" technical ability, and that he (Rickson) is "100% sure" that he would defeat him.[12] Previous comments of this sort that Rickson made about Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira prompted Wanderlei Silva to say that Rickson is "living in a fantasy world."[13]

Old Wanderlei Quote:

Tatame: The challenge you made to Rickson on Tatame TV was big news. Will it happen?

Vanderlei: The promoters will put up the money, but the guy (Rickson) will want to ask for 5 million US dollars... It won't be able to take place like that. He wants to make almost the same money as me (being sarcastic), the champion... To tell you the truth, I made the challange, but I know it won't happen. Mainly because he's at an advanced age. My only thing is with the comments he made. If he wanted, he could use his fame to help propel the sport, have an event, or maybe help promote the sport around the world. But instead he defames the athletes who are actually fighting, saying that the level of fighter is low and that Minotauro has no guard. That's absurd! Minotauro is part of vale-tudo history. The fight he had against Bob Sapp... what was that??? So, I feel that Rickson is living in a fantasy world, like Star Wars. The things he said left me upset, and I will always challenge anyone who talks bad about my sport.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »

Takada's MMA record is 2-6. The only notewhorthy opponent on Rickson's 11-0 MMA record against mostly c-level competition is Funaki.

I really don't know if you're trolling or being serious but Rickson's MMA record is there for everyone to see. As are the quality opponents that were active at the time.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008, 11:25:42 AM »

Didn't Helio once remark dryly that "If Rickson has 2000 wins I have over a million"?
From what I've read Rickson added some Dojo practice sessions to that 2000

Like I said, he has 2,000+ wins with no losses if you include amateur brawls, so I have no idea what you're bitching about.

And Helio did say that, and it is not surprising considering that he's 95 years old, so obviously he has more fights than Rickson. I never claimed that Rickson had more fights than Helio, so again I don't understand what's the point of your complaining.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »
Takada's MMA record is 2-6. The only notewhorthy opponent on Rickson's 11-0 MMA record against mostly c-level competition is Funaki.

The reason why Takada's record in MMA is not that good is because he was a wrestler and sambo fighter and not accustomed to fight without ruled. You need to be a complete lunatic to believe that a man who qualified for the Olympics in wrestling is not a good fighter. And Rickson's record is 11-0, which proves my point about him being that good. Show me a single fighter that has 11 wins in a row with no losses. Fedor in comparison never won 11 consecutive fights without a loss like Rickson. The only reason why Rickson's record in MMA is 11-0 and not 500-0 is because, again, MMA came after his time. He would have dominated MMA like he did all other modalities of fighting if MMA were around in his prime.

I really don't know if you're trolling or being serious but Rickson's MMA record is there for everyone to see. As are the quality opponents that were active at the time.

Yes, Rickson's MMA record is there for everyone to see, and it's spectacular. Again, all wins and no losses. The number of wins is irrelevant because what matters is the winning %, and Rickson's is 100%!!! This is like saying that a guy who just started fighting and got his first win shouldn't be congratulated for his victory becasue 1 win is nothing and he can be defeated in the future. The problem is that this argument can be applied to any number of wins. You could point out to Rickson's 450-0 record in non-MMA fighting and claim that it doesen't matter because if continued fighting he could lose the next 3,000 games.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »
  Like I said, he has 2,000+ wins with no losses if you include amateur brawls, so I have no idea what you're bitching about.

And Helio did say that, and it is not surprising considering that he's 95 years old, so obviously he has more fights than Rickson. I never claimed that Rickson had more fights than Helio, so again I don't understand what's the point of your complaining.

I'm just pointing out that when you add all amateur brawls and dojo battles you can have a pretty high figure. In which case Nogeira/Wanderlei silva, etc can claim to have 1000 -2000 fights too.  

I think what Helio meant in sarcasm is that Rickson is too full of himself.  A opinion echoed by several other fighters.

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2008, 12:05:35 PM »
Did you ever see Rickson fight?

He did some cool stuff and was
very skilled in BJJ but he
was not that impressive as an MMA fighter.
His claims actually diminish him.

All that hype and that bs 50000-0 record is
just annoying

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2008, 12:40:27 PM »

The reason why Takada's record in MMA is not that good is because he was a wrestler and sambo fighter and not accustomed to fight without ruled. You need to be a complete lunatic to believe that a man who qualified for the Olympics in wrestling is not a good fighter. And Rickson's record is 11-0, which proves my point about him being that good. Show me a single fighter that has 11 wins in a row with no losses. Fedor in comparison never won 11 consecutive fights without a loss like Rickson. The only reason why Rickson's record in MMA is 11-0 and not 500-0 is because, again, MMA came after his time. He would have dominated MMA like he did all other modalities of fighting if MMA were around in his prime.

Yes, Rickson's MMA record is there for everyone to see, and it's spectacular. Again, all wins and no losses. The number of wins is irrelevant because what matters is the winning %, and Rickson's is 100%!!! This is like saying that a guy who just started fighting and got his first win shouldn't be congratulated for his victory becasue 1 win is nothing and he can be defeated in the future. The problem is that this argument can be applied to any number of wins. You could point out to Rickson's 450-0 record in non-MMA fighting and claim that it doesen't matter because if continued fighting he could lose the next 3,000 games.

What the fuck are you talking about? Fedor has 26 consecutive wins! And unlike Rickson they are against real competition!

And MMA did not come after his time. His fight against Funaki was in 2000.

I swear to god Rickson fans are almost as delusional as Bruce Lee fans.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2008, 08:23:31 AM »
What the fuck are you talking about? Fedor has 26 consecutive wins! And unlike Rickson they are against real competition!

Oh man, you are seriosuly deluded. I said that Rickson has 11 consecutive wins in MMA fighting. If we include all his professional fights and not only MMA, then he has 460 consecutive wins. Can fedor even remotely approximate that? And please shut up about how great Fedor's competition is compared to Rickson's. Modern MMA fighters are shitty compared to those of Rickson's time and those from the early days of MMA. I am talking about fighters like Mark Kerr, Marcos Ruas, Maurice Smith, Coleman, etc. All these gusy were much better than the current crop of fighters. Who are the good fighters of today? Chuck Liddel? Please, these guys are awful.

And MMA did not come after his time. His fight against Funaki was in 2000.

And guess what? He was 40 years old. And he won. So imagine Rickson in his late twenties/early thirties. A smashing machine!

I swear to god Rickson fans are almost as delusional as Bruce Lee fans.

The only delusion is yours. You think that Fedor, a guy who is not even in shape most of the time and carries love handles in his waist, is this invincible fighter, just because he defeated a bunch of nobodies in rigged fights. Please...Fedor wouldn't last a single round against a prime Kerr or Coleman. Even Wand Silva in his prime would crush Fedor. I'm not talking about the post-prime, injured Wanderlei that lost to Liddle, but the Wanderlei that made Clinton "Rampage" Jackson kiss the mat in PRIDE. Any of these guys would crush Fedor, let alone the ultimate god, Rickson. Even Crocop, who's only real great skill is his high left leg kick, gave Fedor a run for his money and almost crushed him.

Here are the facts:

- Rickson won each and every single MMA fight he ever entered against the best fighters from his time.

- Rickson won each and every single BJJ match he ever entered against opponents who were up to fifth degree jiu-jitsu black belts.

- Rickson has 460-0 record in professional fights, and a 2,000-0 record including amateur fights.

You have yet to show any other fighter that comes even remotely close to these stats. So nice try, but you fail. ;)

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2008, 09:59:01 AM »
I'm not going to read all that because it's all BS anyway. You're an obvious troll. But I do see you mentioned Kerr and Coleman. Two fighters who were active when Rickson was active and guess what? He never faced them.

Also I probably don't need to mention, since you hold Coleman in such high regard, that Fedor dominated him twice.

Tata

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
I'm not going to read all that because it's all BS anyway. You're an obvious troll. But I do see you mentioned Kerr and Coleman. Two fighters who were active when Rickson was active and guess what? He never faced them.

Translation: I can't counter anything he wrote, so I will call him a troll because this allows me go off on a tangent without actually having to debate him.  ;)

Also I probably don't need to mention, since you hold Coleman in such high regard, that Fedor dominated him twice.

Sure, he defeated a Coleman that was ancient and far past his prime. This is why I said a "prime" Coleman, Kerr, Silva, etc. You very obviously know nothing.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
 You are delusional, and I mean that with no disrespect. Rickson's record in professional fights is 460-0. Show me a single fighter that can even approximate this. If we include amateur brawls, that record rises to 2,000+ wins with no losses.

You seem to ignore that, even to this day, most fights end on the ground, and who's the king there? ;) Are you really that insane that you believe that Fedor would be able to grapple with Rickson once they are on the ground? Fedor has a small chance of knocking him out when they are still standing, but that's his only chance.

If you think that Fedor's greater size and strengh would close the deal, think again. Rickson has fought with Zulu, a giant who outweighted him by 100 lbs, and who could crack the trunk of a small palm tree with his base hands. Strikers, graplers, wrestlers; Rickson has fought with all and defeated them all. Boxers, kung Fu masters, black belt karate champions; all were demolished by Rickson. As for a BJJ black belt having been defeated at MMA, who cares? He was not Rickson. ;) Rickson makes black belts seem like white belts. Like Royce said:"Rickson is ten times better than me. When it comes to him, I am just a fan like everybody else." Or to quote Mirko Filopovic:"Rickson is Zeus, the god of the gods." Just accept the facts that Rickson is the greatest ever, and bow down before crushing greatness when it's staring at you. ;)

colossal stupidity fueled by delusion and ignorance :-\

E
E

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »
colossal stupidity fueled by delusion and ignorance :-\

E

Colossal stupidity from someone who accuses another of colossal stupidity while providing no evidence or logical argument to support his statement whatsoever. ;)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2008, 02:51:05 AM »
 You are delusional, and I mean that with no disrespect. Rickson's record in professional fights is 460-0. Show me a single fighter that can even approximate this. If we include amateur brawls, that record rises to 2,000+ wins with no losses.

You seem to ignore that, even to this day, most fights end on the ground, and who's the king there? ;) Are you really that insane that you believe that Fedor would be able to grapple with Rickson once they are on the ground? Fedor has a small chance of knocking him out when they are still standing, but that's his only chance.

If you think that Fedor's greater size and strengh would close the deal, think again. Rickson has fought with Zulu, a giant who outweighted him by 100 lbs, and who could crack the trunk of a small palm tree with his base hands. Strikers, graplers, wrestlers; Rickson has fought with all and defeated them all. Boxers, kung Fu masters, black belt karate champions; all were demolished by Rickson. As for a BJJ black belt having been defeated at MMA, who cares? He was not Rickson. ;) Rickson makes black belts seem like white belts. Like Royce said:"Rickson is ten times better than me. When it comes to him, I am just a fan like everybody else." Or to quote Mirko Filopovic:"Rickson is Zeus, the god of the gods." Just accept the facts that Rickson is the greatest ever, and bow down before crushing greatness when it's staring at you. ;)

Man he has great TD defense.   ;)  Sub grappling, BJJ tournaments do not a fight make.  Beating Zulu?  Come on.  Enson Inoue put a beatdown on Zulu, and even though Enson is a friend of mine, he wouldn't exactly compare Zulu to Fedor.  Why didn't Rickson fight Saku?  Kerr?  Plenty of opportunity.  He instead chose to fight Takada, twice.  A notorious "pro."  Takada's resume is as full of holes as Barack Obama's.  The only noteworthy Takada ever did was have a dojo that Saku came out of, and he had about as much influence on Saku as Inoki had on Machida.  In other words, none.  Mas Funaki gave Rickson a decent mouse, what the hell would Fedor have done?  Again, I am a Gracie association student, have repped Relson in sub grappling, even rolled with Rickson himself (yes he is a God in subgrappling), but his game has too many holes.  Fedor could beat him standing, in the clinch, and unless Rickson got top, Fedor would GNP him into oblivion.  Don't think so, watch the two Nog fights.  Nog has one of the best closed guards in MMA/NHB.  Again, this is not sub grappling.  Bud Smith, David Levicki, Gordon Gordeau, Yuki Nakai are all tough guys, but none of them are even in the same league as Fedor. 

Counting guys like Larry Hartsell, Hayward Nishioka, Erik Paulson (who was his student at the time), Mark Shultz as wins on one's record is ludicrous.  And if that is the case, where is the Ron Tripp "fight" which Rickson lost, but complained that he didn't know the rules.  I guess it falls in line with the Stan "The Man" versus Dennis Alexio fight, wherein Alexio gets his leg broken by a roundhouse kick, his manager Bob Wall protests and has it removed because the association Alexio was the champion did not allow round kicks?  WTF?  Again, this coming from a Gracie student.  Stop the blind jockriding and give some honest evaluation of what is real, and not so much.  You lost all credibility when you listed Zulu as a landmark fight for Rickson.  Hell Rickson's beach battle with Hugo Duarte was more significant. 

I'd dare to venture that Ze Mario was the better NHB/MMA fighter than Rickson.  At least Ze Mario took on all comers.  Renzo is THE FIGHTING GRACIE.  He fights anyone, any size, purse nothwistanding. 

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2008, 03:20:33 AM »
Man he has great TD defense.   ;)  Sub grappling, BJJ tournaments do not a fight make.  Beating Zulu?  Come on.  Enson Inoue put a beatdown on Zulu, and even though Enson is a friend of mine, he wouldn't exactly compare Zulu to Fedor.  Why didn't Rickson fight Saku?  Kerr?  Plenty of opportunity.  He instead chose to fight Takada, twice.  A notorious "pro."  Takada's resume is as full of holes as Barack Obama's.  The only noteworthy Takada ever did was have a dojo that Saku came out of, and he had about as much influence on Saku as Inoki had on Machida.  In other words, none.  Mas Funaki gave Rickson a decent mouse, what the hell would Fedor have done?  Again, I am a Gracie association student, have repped Relson in sub grappling, even rolled with Rickson himself (yes he is a God in subgrappling), but his game has too many holes.  Fedor could beat him standing, in the clinch, and unless Rickson got top, Fedor would GNP him into oblivion.  Don't think so, watch the two Nog fights.  Nog has one of the best closed guards in MMA/NHB.  Again, this is not sub grappling.  Bud Smith, David Levicki, Gordon Gordeau, Yuki Nakai are all tough guys, but none of them are even in the same league as Fedor. 

Counting guys like Larry Hartsell, Hayward Nishioka, Erik Paulson (who was his student at the time), Mark Shultz as wins on one's record is ludicrous.  And if that is the case, where is the Ron Tripp "fight" which Rickson lost, but complained that he didn't know the rules.  I guess it falls in line with the Stan "The Man" versus Dennis Alexio fight, wherein Alexio gets his leg broken by a roundhouse kick, his manager Bob Wall protests and has it removed because the association Alexio was the champion did not allow round kicks?  WTF?  Again, this coming from a Gracie student.  Stop the blind jockriding and give some honest evaluation of what is real, and not so much.  You lost all credibility when you listed Zulu as a landmark fight for Rickson.  Hell Rickson's beach battle with Hugo Duarte was more significant. 

I'd dare to venture that Ze Mario was the better NHB/MMA fighter than Rickson.  At least Ze Mario took on all comers.  Renzo is THE FIGHTING GRACIE.  He fights anyone, any size, purse nothwistanding. 

Thank you for pointing that out. Good to hear from someone who has grappled with Rickson.
Rickson also made retarded statements like Nog has no guard + Rickson is more interested in the financial reward. Renzo on the other hand is tough as hell, will take on any challenge and is a nice guy to boot. Doesn't need to claim dojo wins to gain credibility

Would be cool to have you on the MMA boards more often

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2008, 08:36:51 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out. Good to hear from someone who has grappled with Rickson.
Rickson also made retarded statements like Nog has no guard + Rickson is more interested in the financial reward. Renzo on the other hand is tough as hell, will take on any challenge and is a nice guy to boot. Doesn't need to claim dojo wins to gain credibility

He didn't beat me ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »
  Colossal stupidity from someone who accuses another of colossal stupidity while providing no evidence or logical argument to support his statement whatsoever. ;)

you think rickson could beat fedor

how is that for a "logical argument" ::)

i won't even waste my time debating it further because it is so ridiculous

E

E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »

That place has become a soap opera.  The only time I'll post there is if I see something so ludicrous I can't keep my mouth shut.  I'd rather post MMA stuff on the UG.