Author Topic: Dumbest decision ever...  (Read 4189 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Dumbest decision ever...
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »
eh he ain't that radical.  Most of his rhetoric is political and campaign oriented.

I think his personal views towards guns is pretty radical.

His wife, Wright, Pfleger pretty big radicals in my book.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
I pretty much agree.  Governors, state legislatures, mayors, and city councils typically have a far greater impact on our day-to-day lives than the president. 

Of course you would, tard.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 01:03:48 PM »
::) @ Jake.

Among other things, such as starting wars that drain the treasury, the president appoints the heads of various agencies and thus determines their policies and agendas.... If you don't understand what that means, find someone to explain it to you.  I can't believe you have the gall to keep asking your question as if you've reached some higher plane of awareness. people are probably not responding to your "brilliant" question because they can't believe you're for real. 

So you don't have an answer either, LOL!

Your life wouldn't change one bit. Admitting it will make you feel a lot better. :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 01:28:03 PM »
Well, you said it yourself wth "I get the idea".

Well do you or don't you?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »
I never get this whole mortgage thing and why it is like 'governments fault'.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but did people not willingly borrow money then could not make payments?

Why should gov bail them out? Then can everyone borrow to buy houses above their means and gov bails them out?

Seriously, I am lost on this [seriously not even being funny]. Am I missing something?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but did people not willingly borrow money then could not make payments?

Why should gov bail them out? Then can everyone borrow to buy houses above their means and gov bails them out?

Seriously, I am lost on this [seriously not even being funny]. Am I missing something?

There are agencies that monitor banks' lending practices and because of this admin's position on regulation they were told to take a hands-off approach. 

the administration was aware that banks were securitizing their mortgage liabilities which gave them the ability to tap more capital globally.  All this capital had to go somewhere, and so upstanding characters like Danielson had the chance to funnel this money to people who could not afford it.  The regulatory system should have ensured responsible lending practices, but it did not.  Hence, the foreclosures.

the admin also failed to regulate the securitization process which led to inadequate disclosures of risks to some buyers of the securities... who got hosed. Other buyers (bear stearns) should have known better, but could not care less.   Anyhow, the upshot is the big buyers/lenders are now nervous, hence the credit crisis.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
Thanks Calmus.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
There are agencies that monitor banks' lending practices and because of this admin's position on regulation they were told to take a hands-off approach. 

the administration was aware that banks were securitizing their mortgage liabilities which gave them the ability to tap more capital globally.  All this capital had to go somewhere, and so upstanding characters like Danielson had the chance to funnel this money to people who could not afford it.  The regulatory system should have ensured responsible lending practices, but it did not.  Hence, the foreclosures.

the admin also failed to regulate the securitization process which led to inadequate disclosures of risks to some buyers of the securities... who got hosed. Other buyers (bear stearns) should have known better, but could not care less.   Anyhow, the upshot is the big buyers/lenders are now nervous, hence the credit crisis.

True. They made loans to people who would never qualify. Pure greed.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »

bush controlled gas and oil prices by invading iraq.....here's how:

invading a oil rich nation brings fear into the oil market. fear equates to higher prices as traders begin pricing possible oil supply disruptions etc. into the new price. then, hedge funds, pension funds and large trading firms begin jumping in on oil futures contracts and prices head even higher. add in borrowing 12 billion dollars per week from China to fund  Bush's War, and the dollars value plummets. inturn, oil producing nations ask for more dollars to offset its devalue and prices head even higher. this scenario then sets off a cascade of inflation on all goods and services and everyone gets fvcked.

chart the start of Bush's War along with the price of gas and oil.

no coincidence gas is up 300% in 6 yrs.  

NT

This is a slam dunk explanation.   8)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 05:24:28 PM »
True. They made loans to people who would never qualify. Pure greed.

Bush needed a Bone to throw to the people......they knew it would wreck the economy to bring us into the goals of the UN and North american union.   But most fell for it and took the bait of 5 mail offers a day to pull 100k out of your home, that wasnt there last week.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 06:42:01 PM »

This is a slam dunk explanation.   8)

Not really. We aren't the only people in the world using gas/oil.

Obviously a bad energy policy got us here but others had the same amount of time as bush and did nithing because gas was at a price people could live with. He still hasn't answered the simple question regarding how his life would actually change. Most of us know why... it won't. It wi9ll make a lot of people feel better/bitter but at day's end oil will still cost too much and the clusterfvck in Iraq is so bad that we can't safely walk away. They all made a huge mess and it's seriously unlikely anyone can clean it up.

Voting and so on is important as far as civic duty goes but this really isn't a case where it will ultimately matter that much. I guess people really want to believe changing the face of American politics will make a huge difference or think Obama is a modern Jimmy Carter but that just doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd argue they all suck ass but McCain's a little worse because he buys Bush's dogma.

At any rate it will be interesting to see if anyone is able to articulate how much their lives have improved one year after a new administration. Asking people who support either candidate who don't have a non-emotional reason to vote is getting boring.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »

Bush needed a Bone to throw to the people

it had nothing to do with Bush

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »
it had nothing to do with Bush

Everything is always Bush's fault. He made the technology/internet bubble burst and found a way to wreck the inflated real estate market too. He also hates black people and caused Katrina to happen to them... probably blew up the levee too!! :)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »
Everything is always Bush's fault. He made the technology/internet bubble burst and found a way to wreck the inflated real estate market too. He also hates black people and caused Katrina to happen to them... probably blew up the levee too!! :)

Blanket statements are a convenience.      Did you enjoy the FEMA response with Katrina???.......lightning fast..

Did you enjoy the sanctioned loosened standards for credit to blow up the mortgage industry......I could go on for hours.....

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
He also hates black people and caused Katrina to happen to them... probably blew up the levee too!! :)

No, you see the US has this machine, and it makes hurricanes and thunderstorms, we used that device.
It's true, just check youtube  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:08 AM »

CQ I don't think it's the government's fault, but we did have a lot of predatory lending.  Subprime lenders were falsifying loan apps, inflating appraisals, targeting the elderly with reverse mortgages, etc.  So in a lot of cases it wasn't just a matter of people making bad decisions.