Author Topic: old dante  (Read 23252 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: old dante
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2008, 07:59:50 PM »
shut up magoo

you dont know jack shit about anything, not about traiing about nutrition about drugs about lifestyle or about shit

you think your keep it simple stupid philosophy gives you street cred but your a fucking fool

see this is what i mean. you're Mr Meltdown here and outright pathetic with how much you think you know versus what you actually know. the fact that at nearly six feet tall and roughly 200 pounds you're resorting to steroids already speaks volumes about how well your dietary and training methods are working.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »
see this is what i mean. you're Mr Meltdown here and outright pathetic with how much you think you know versus what you actually know. the fact that at nearly six feet tall and roughly 200 pounds you're resorting to steroids already speaks volumes about how well your dietary and training methods are working.
  what do i think i know ? what do i actually know??

i know a little bit and i think i know a little bit.

this is getbig and thias is the G&O arguing is for fun

dont make up stats about me

maggo you admit you dont know anything about what foods to eat and by your posts in the training forum where you post 24/7 its most obvious what you have to say on the subject is nothing but speculation from your own shitty training sessions

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2008, 01:22:01 AM »
...geneticists all across the world would disagree.

There might be a couple of minor variations related to allergies (dairy, gluten etc)... but this genetic/metabolic uniqueness is nothing more than a persistent; pernicious FLEX magazine myth.

You are not a beautiful unique snowflake... you are not special... there is no perfect routine...

You will actually have to train hard, and your lack of progress is down to your own failings: accept it.

The Luke

Kind of contraditcting yourself, aren't you?

It's exactly what i said, there is no perfect routine and no perfect diet.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2008, 01:50:25 AM »
Kind of contraditcting yourself, aren't you?

It's exactly what i said, there is no perfect routine and no perfect diet.

No Donkey... and this is why we disagree... you need to read more carefully.

There is no perfect routine but there is an objective measure of what would constitute the "best" routine.

The "best" routine would be the one which produces the best results for the most people... granted some people will not progress as well as others on such a routine, but that does not mean that they could make any better progress doing something else.

Let me give you an example:
Low volume training doesn't work for everyone... some people just don't like it and some people just aren't able for it... these people would be better off doing something else, but seeing as low volume Arthur Jones-style HIT training is the most efficient training method they won't make the progress that they would if they could make HIT work for them.

Or alternatively, here's an analogy:
When I went to my mechanic to get my car brakes upgraded I was able to read the spec sheets and compare the performance of the various disks and pads available... my mechanic didn't tell me that there was no best braking system and that I would have to figure out which system would work best for my individual car...

Only in bodybuilding do people believe that biological individuality extends to such a basic physical mechanism as muscle growth... biologists and geneticists must think we're all morons... it's tantamount to people jumping off skyscrapers to see what their "individual fall tolerance is".

Those FLEX magazine platitudes really brainwash people...

The Luke

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »
No Donkey... and this is why we disagree... you need to read more carefully.

There is no perfect routine but there is an objective measure of what would constitute the "best" routine.

The "best" routine would be the one which produces the best results for the most people... granted some people will not progress as well as others on such a routine, but that does not mean that they could make any better progress doing something else.

Let me give you an example:
Low volume training doesn't work for everyone... some people just don't like it and some people just aren't able for it... these people would be better off doing something else, but seeing as low volume Arthur Jones-style HIT training is the most efficient training method they won't make the progress that they would if they could make HIT work for them.

Or alternatively, here's an analogy:
When I went to my mechanic to get my car brakes upgraded I was able to read the spec sheets and compare the performance of the various disks and pads available... my mechanic didn't tell me that there was no best braking system and that I would have to figure out which system would work best for my individual car...

Only in bodybuilding do people believe that biological individuality extends to such a basic physical mechanism as muscle growth... biologists and geneticists must think we're all morons... it's tantamount to people jumping off skyscrapers to see what their "individual fall tolerance is".

Those FLEX magazine platitudes really brainwash people...

The Luke

i see. sorry, i misunderstood your post.

I personally think, abd i have stated that here before, that training is just about intensity, shocking the muscle in whatever form.
All forms of training are probably good, it's more a question if your head likes it.

As for nutrition, i did never say eating tons of protein would NOT make you big, and especially if you do tons and tons of cardio for fatloss besides the weightlifting. Dante's training is very good, but it's not practical for people with jobs and a life besides BB.

If you don't work in an office alone, it's difficult. If you are a lot outside with customers, it's impossible to eat all the time or take all the required food with you for several days.

I am actually not questioning the theory, but the practical side. Sorry i couldn't make this clear before.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »
...geneticists all across the world would disagree.

There might be a couple of minor variations related to allergies (dairy, gluten etc)... but this genetic/metabolic uniqueness is nothing more than a persistent; pernicious FLEX magazine myth.

You are not a beautiful unique snowflake... you are not special... there is no perfect routine...

You will actually have to train hard, and your lack of progress is down to your own failings: accept it.

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2008, 02:32:54 AM »
Apologies then Donkey...

I might have taken more umbridge than your position merited. My fault.

I must take exception to the notion that pretty much all training is the same however. This is a common misconception...
   For example, I'm on the very upper end of natural development (lifetime natural) yet the training methods I use would seem like heresy to all the guys who insist that training is pretty much a oneness and that overeating and steroids decide success.

What is happening here (and throughout this site lately) is a backlash against people like Dante/DOGGCRAPP who dare to question the uncritical thinking that has reduced bodybuilding to it's current piteous state, wherein teenage competitors are megadosing... pros are filled with oil... and none of the fans/enthusiasts want to accept that any progress of any kind can be made without steroids.

Fact: You can build a good physique without steroids

Fact: If you can't build a good natural physique, you have no business using steroids

Fact: If you are countering the thoughtful, analytical approach favored by people such as Dante; Arthur Jones; Ellington Darden and others with blanket generalizations and dismissive reductionism... you're not helping.

The Luke

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »
Apologies then Donkey...

I must take exception to the notion that pretty much all training is the same however. This is a common misconception...
   For example, I'm on the very upper end of natural development (lifetime natural) yet the training methods I use would seem like heresy to all the guys who insist that training is pretty much a oneness and that overeating and steroids decide success.

What is happening here (and throughout this site lately) is a backlash against people like Dante/DOGGCRAPP who dare to question the uncritical thinking that has reduced bodybuilding to it's current piteous state, wherein teenage competitors are megadosing... pros are filled with oil... and none of the fans/enthusiasts want to accept that any progress of any kind can be made without steroids.

Fact: If you can't build a good natural physique, you have no business using steroids

Fact: If you are countering the thoughtful, analytical approach favored by people such as Dante; Arthur Jones; Ellington Darden and others with blanket generalizations and dismissive reductionism... you're not helping.

The Luke

i begin to like you, Teh Luke.  ;D ;D

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2008, 03:39:49 AM »
i begin to like you, Teh Luke.  ;D ;D

Really, you're one of the bland platitudists I was taking to task...?

The Luke

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2008, 03:48:29 AM »
Really, you're one of the bland platitudists I was taking to task...?

The Luke

Again, i think we misunderstand each other. Maybe a problem with my english language competence.

I think that ALL kinds of training are great, if they SHOCK the muscle. You say, for a natural at the end of the line some kind of 'heretic' training may be necessary.
I believe that all kinds of training have a value, but not for everyone. I have seen naturals who got a good built and a good conditioning by training 10 month a year with merely their bodyweight (pushups, chinups etc) and 2 months weights and doing beach volleyball, basketball and swimming for cardio (this obviously trains legs and back as well). These guys got bigger than some naturals who WO 3 times a week HIT style will ever get.
On the other hand, there are some naturals training HIT 3 times a week who dwarf them.

There is no perfect training, i think we agree on that. There may be some training whivh is better than the other, but the body adapts very fast, so changing your training style constantly will lead to the best results IMO.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2008, 05:35:47 AM »
Apologies then Donkey...

The Luke

just a lot of vague bs, that no one really has disputed (certainly not me). other than the idiot candizzle. maybe you actually should start reading posts. but i guess its easier to argument if you lump everyone together ehh?

as for dante: you are correct, his setup is alot better than the usual flex magainze bullshit (said several times already). but that doesnt put him above questioning. once again its not a case of black or white. if you question dante it doesnt mean your a flex magazine follower. and in fact basically the only criticism against dantes setup i have voiced in this thread is his sometimes excessive protein recommendations to naturals.  (there are other things that i dont agree about ..but wont go into that right now)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »
Again, i think we misunderstand each other. Maybe a problem with my english language competence.

I think that ALL kinds of training are great, if they SHOCK the muscle. You say, for a natural at the end of the line some kind of 'heretic' training may be necessary.
I believe that all kinds of training have a value, but not for everyone. I have seen naturals who got a good built and a good conditioning by training 10 month a year with merely their bodyweight (pushups, chinups etc) and 2 months weights and doing beach volleyball, basketball and swimming for cardio (this obviously trains legs and back as well). These guys got bigger than some naturals who WO 3 times a week HIT style will ever get.
On the other hand, there are some naturals training HIT 3 times a week who dwarf them.

There is no perfect training, i think we agree on that. There may be some training whivh is better than the other, but the body adapts very fast, so changing your training style constantly will lead to the best results IMO.
exactly,switching routines,exercises,volume,and training style slow rep and fast rep and rep numbers ,nothing set in stone and u will not get bored.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2008, 05:50:51 AM »

dont agree with that at all.

in fact changing routines too often is one of the main reasons for why people dont progress.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2008, 05:58:29 AM »
Debatable. Chronobiology has to be taken into account. For natural bodybuilders, periodizing is essential.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »
Hopefully, Donkey Kong will understand that there is no direct personal malice intended here... but his response is a textbook example of the faulty reasoning I decry at every opportunity...

...simply wrong, wrong, wrong!
The bullshit two hour sessions, twice a day, six days a week high volume shite regimens espoused (but not necessarily adhered to) by every Weider athlete from Arnold to Lee Haney and promulgated as de facto bodybuilding orthodoxy for nearly thirty years... never built any muscle for anyone... ever!

Somehow, the PC brainwashing endemic in modern society encourages even bodybuilders to affirm the equal validity of any and all training regimens... can't we simply admit that certain inefficient training regimes were foisted upon naive yet eager teenage boys by a bodybuilding media dependent on snake-oil hucksterism?

I believe that all kinds of training have a value, but not for everyone.

...the religous overtones are obvious here. Respect and equality of reverence for all ideologies irregardless of scientific truth.

Not exactly conducive to progress is it?

I have seen naturals who got a good built and a good conditioning by training 10 month a year with merely their bodyweight (pushups, chinups etc) and 2 months weights and doing beach volleyball, basketball and swimming for cardio (this obviously trains legs and back as well). These guys got bigger than some naturals who WO 3 times a week HIT style will ever get.

...and I once met an avid hillwalker who carried a solid 240 lbs (20% bf) replete with 18'' arms and baffling 19'' calves, who, at 53 years of age, felt he might like to start doing some light bench presses and dumbbell curls for "better health".

None of this really matters... as all it does is justify obfuscation and hands-off bafflement.

The question should be one of consistent progress and the efficiency; universality and reproductivity of such progress... and on those accounts the case is already settled: the result? Low volume Arthur Jones-style HIT training (whole body workouts of compound movements) is, and has repeatedly been shown to be, THE MOST EFFECTIVE AND BEST form of bodybuilding training.

If you don't believe this, see the sterling work and consistent success Dr Ellington Darden has had working with genetically typical and natural trainees.

ANYONE doing ANYTHING else (no matter what progress they are making) would do BETTER with HIT.

...bodyparts don't adapt. It's a bodybuilding myth.

OVERTRAINED bodybuilders can sometimes (accidentally) surpass the neurological limitations put on their strained muscular systems due to their overtrained state by changing exercises.

In layman's terms this means...
If you are overtrained you train at a lessened capacity due to the metabolic stress of overtraining itself... that's why changing exercises causes some form of shock (DOMS; muscular soreness) as the body is tricked into working beyond that lessened capacity.

If you were to avoid the overtraining altogether then you can continue to progress doing the same exercises ad infinitum...

I've become so good at doing squats that I don't do anything else for legs (that's just one set for quads, hams or calves)... I've become so good at doing bent over rows that I rarely (if ever) do anything else for my back... I've become so good at doing flyes that a set of flat-bench dumbbell flyes can easily constitute a productive chest workout.

As you progress you should be doing less and less... not doing Swiss-ball one-legged kettle bell squats with your fingers crossed looking to "shock" your muscles.

Sorry for the rant.

The Luke

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2008, 06:03:56 AM »
dont agree with that at all.

in fact changing routines too often is one of the main reasons for why people dont progress.

again, you read out of my post what you want to see.

Staying with the same training style for 10 years will gety you nowhere i think. I never said anything about how often you should change, on the other hand i think that changing styles every few weeks will lead to far better progress than staying with one setup for 6-8 months.

Do you have any facts for your statement that changing routines will lead to stagnation?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2008, 06:04:13 AM »
I dont think "discipline" is the right word. Im about the most dedicated, determined, driven person I personally know of. I think "time" and "what do i really want to accomplish" are the right words. I definitely dont have time. Ive accomplished everything Ive wanted to accomplish in this sport already personally. Ive dieted down 3 times for shows (before dropping out due to exhaustion of working 2 jobs) because I felt it was something I was supposed to do, something expected of me....but thats really not what drove me to this endeavor. I like the training, eating every 3 hours, studying, muscle mass accumalation, fixing problems and exceeding plateaus part of the sport.....not the diuretic, dehydration, severe carb depletion, massive trenbolone usage, posing trunks, jan tana, posing oil side of it.

Just my personal choice. For some people winning the East Tricity championship superheavy class will reaffirm their personal standing as a bodybuilder. More power to them. I dont have clouded thinking that I have pro genetics (90% of the internet) or any dreams of a pro card and its just not what drives me. Ive seen you and I think it was legbreaker on this site get irritated with me for god knows what, still havent quite figured it out ....because i dont do what you guys do (prep guys for shows). Never have and I have no interest in the least of doing so. I get people big and large and then give them over to Skip or Troponin to take them into shows. (or at least I used to.....Im burnt out on it and havent taken anyone new on since 2007...and Im probably done on that front too)

Whatever the wording was doesnt matter. I do understand your side as i feel the same. Big waste of money and time  over nothing, esp when you work 90 hours a week like i do as well. And yes I prep guys, alot, and have alot of titles but i have never once came at you. I only asked you on mayhem if you competed ever. That was the only time i ever really talked with you, plus this post.  Good luck in your business.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2008, 06:09:09 AM »
Hopefully, Donkey Kong will understand that there is no direct personal malice intended here... but his response is a textbook example of the faulty reasoning I decry at every opportunity...

...simply wrong, wrong, wrong!
The bullshit two hour sessions, twice a day, six days a week high volume shite regimens espoused (but not necessarily adhered to) by every Weider athlete from Arnold to Lee Haney and promulgated as de facto bodybuilding orthodoxy for nearly thirty years... never built any muscle for anyone... ever!

Somehow, the PC brainwashing endemic in modern society encourages even bodybuilders to affirm the equal validity of any and all training regimens... can't we simply admit that certain inefficient training regimes were foisted upon naive yet eager teenage boys by a bodybuilding media dependent on snake-oil hucksterism?

...the religous overtones are obvious here. Respect and equality of reverence for all ideologies irregardless of scientific truth.

Not exactly conducive to progress is it?

...and I once met an avid hillwalker who carried a solid 240 lbs (20% bf) replete with 18'' arms and baffling 19'' calves, who, at 53 years of age, felt he might like to start doing some light bench presses and dumbbell curls for "better health".

None of this really matters... as all it does is justify obfuscation and hands-off bafflement.

The question should be one of consistent progress and the efficiency; universality and reproductivity of such progress... and on those accounts the case is already settled: the result? Low volume Arthur Jones-style HIT training (whole body workouts of compound movements) is, and has repeatedly been shown to be, THE MOST EFFECTIVE AND BEST form of bodybuilding training.

If you don't believe this, see the sterling work and consistent success Dr Ellington Darden has had working with genetically typical and natural trainees.

ANYONE doing ANYTHING else (no matter what progress they are making) would do BETTER with HIT.

...bodyparts don't adapt. It's a bodybuilding myth.

OVERTRAINED bodybuilders can sometimes (accidentally) surpass the neurological limitations put on their strained muscular systems due to their overtrained state by changing exercises.

In layman's terms this means...
If you are overtrained you train at a lessened capacity due to the metabolic stress of overtraining itself... that's why changing exercises causes some form of shock (DOMS; muscular soreness) as the body is tricked into working beyond that lessened capacity.

If you were to avoid the overtraining altogether then you can continue to progress doing the same exercises ad infinitum...

I've become so good at doing squats that I don't do anything else for legs (that's just one set for quads, hams or calves)... I've become so good at doing bent over rows that I rarely (if ever) do anything else for my back... I've become so good at doing flyes that a set of flat-bench dumbbell flyes can easily constitute a productive chest workout.

As you progress you should be doing less and less... not doing Swiss-ball one-legged kettle bell squats with your fingers crossed looking to "shock" your muscles.

Sorry for the rant.

The Luke

nice post.

maybe i need your experience to understand you. right now i have to be frank and say i don't agree with all of what you say.

For example, i never said anything about high volume twice a day sessions or swiss ball to "shock" the muscle, but maybe that was just a drastic example from you.
Still i cannot see how dumbell flies only will lead to a good chest development.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2008, 06:10:39 AM »
again, you read out of my post what you want to see.

Staying with the same training style for 10 years will gety you nowhere i think. I never said anything about how often you should change, on the other hand i think that changing styles every few weeks will lead to far better progress than staying with one setup for 6-8 months.

Do you have any facts for your statement that changing routines will lead to stagnation?

you said constantly.

and no you shouldnt use exactly the same routine month after month. training should be periodized, but you shouldnt be changing everything every other week either.

some people take the changing stuff up to the extreme, and from week to week change every exercise they do. bad idea.

id suggest sticking with a routine 4-8(sometimes even 12) weeks...deload (DC calls this cruisin)..change some variables and repeat. (progressive strength increases should always be the goal...no milos giant set shit)

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2008, 06:13:46 AM »
I have to agree with The Luke about the Weider regime. Most Bbers overtrain and as a result end up juicing for lots of them once their bodies can't cope anymore with their stupid workout. Then suddenly they'll justify their gains by their work ethic.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2008, 06:15:21 AM »
Debatable. Chronobiology has to be taken into account. For natural bodybuilders, periodizing is essential.

periodization is a given. wasnt refering to that.

i was talking about this bullshit about shocking the muscle and changing everything all the time so that in the end you really cant measure progress

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2008, 06:18:24 AM »
periodization is a given. wasnt refering to that.

i was talking about this bullshit about shocking the muscle and changing everything all the time so that in the end you really cant measure progress

Agreed but I don't thinh DonkeyKong was exactly referring to the same thing. You can keep your workout "canevas" (number of sets, reps, rest time, etc...) and still "shock" your muscles to a certain exent by using dfferent exercises from one session to another. I'll generally keep compound movements as the only "mandatory" exercises.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2008, 06:22:35 AM »
Agreed but I don't thinh DonkeyKong was exactly referring to the same thing. You can keep your workout "canevas" (number of sets, reps, rest time, etc...) and still "shock" your muscles to a certain exent by using dfferent exercises from one session to another. I'll generally keep compound movements as the only "mandatory" exercises.

donno im no mind reader. i dont like the word 'shocking the muscles' and he did say 'constantly' change routines.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2008, 06:29:23 AM »
nice post.

maybe i need your experience to understand you. right now i have to be frank and say i don't agree with all of what you say.

For example, i never said anything about high volume twice a day sessions or swiss ball to "shock" the muscle, but maybe that was just a drastic example from you.
Still i cannot see how dumbell flies only will lead to a good chest development.

you don't agree with what he's said because he talks a load of shit.

luke, your writing style, and use of a thesaurus is impressive, but this isn't literacy.com this is getbig. we wil call you, dante or anyone else on false claims.

you say a lot of sensible things, like the use of compound movements are good compound movements, but then claim you only use flys for chest  ::)

you claim that bobybuilders should use less work as they progress, yet powerlifters are getting stronger year on year by increasing working capacity.

periodization has been proven to work.

and HIT leads to rampant overtraining. Please explain these confusing facts?

175lbs by 31st July

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM »
you don't agree with what he's said because he talks a load of shit.

luke, your writing style, and use of a thesaurus is impressive, but this isn't literacy.com this is getbig. we wil call you, dante or anyone else on false claims.

you say a lot of sensible things, like the use of compound movements are good compound movements, but then claim you only use flys for chest  ::)

you claim that bobybuilders should use less work as they progress, yet powerlifters are getting stronger year on year by increasing working capacity.

periodization has been proven to work.

and HIT leads to rampant overtraining. Please explain these confusing facts?

yeah i was thinking about posting about that too. but i dont have time right now.  i think people in general do too many sets and have to little focus on weight progression. but luke writes alot of fancy worded bs too. (agree with some things he says..but other stuff is pure bullshit)

funny part is that alot of the HIT shit isnt based on science. (which luke thinks so highly off...and i do too...science that is)