Author Topic: Troponin Nutrition & MMA?  (Read 11865 times)

The Coach

Re: Troponin Nutrition & MMA?
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »
Coach, unless you want to tell me your credentials I am forced to ask you what do you know about training anyone?

What credentials would you like? I train athletes (real athletes) for a living. Have for the past 15-20 years. I'll add more, I have a client.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »
What athletes would those be?  What have their achieved via your training? 

My point is that you seem quick to make judgement about someone else. 
w

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »

Why is everyone making "coach" out as the scape goat to this thread?!  He didn't start it, and nothing he's posted is WRONG nor does it contradict anything Troponin has on his website  ::)
just not good enough

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
I sponsor fighters out of the North County Fight Club, the very first thing these guys were asking me about in meetings was nutrition nutrition nutrition. Everyone is equaling out now in jui jitsu, wrestling, striking and  fighting styles. People are getting well rounded and the field is evening out. So who is going to take over with everything being equal? Whats the missing link? Nutrition, cardio and being stronger than the guy across from you who has the same fighting skills you do. MMA fighters are seeking out this information for an edge. Its not being forced upon them. I was asked to go to dinner with a UFC fighter who is fighting this weekend in England (which I did)....he wanted to pick my brain on his diet and get it dialed in. This is a huge weakness in MMA fighters right now....they have everything else up to snuff and they are clueless about nutrition. One of the King of the Cage champions is calling me to get his diet dialed in and Justin Harris and I planned previously to make the rounds to his camp when Justin is back out here and we are going to get those guys straightened out. You better get on the boat soon Mark Kerr because the athletes around you are doing everything in their power to turn into machines and they are covering all the bases.
why would anyone, let alone a top athlete from the UFC ask you for nutritional advice? you have never been in shape, every pic of you i've seen you are well over 25% body fat, and holding more water than the titanic.

let me guess, did you tell him he needs to eat 600g of protein a day, and that you just so happen to know where he can get some really cheap - www.trueprotein.com but since you like him you told him to use the secret promo code 'anothersucker'.

or did you tell him to rinse his minced beef ::)
175lbs by 31st July

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 06:33:21 PM »
why would anyone, let alone a top athlete from the UFC ask you for nutritional advice? you have never been in shape, every pic of you i've seen you are well over 25% body fat, and holding more water than the titanic.

let me guess, did you tell him he needs to eat 600g of protein a day, and that you just so happen to know where he can get some really cheap - www.trueprotein.com but since you like him you told him to use the secret promo code 'anothersucker'.

Says the guy who asked me to train him 4 years ago, who I refused because he isnt the type of person I would ever train and has been royally pissed off ever since. (Oh did you think I didnt know who you were?)

As far as myself Ive been 20%, 16%, 10% and 6% but most of the time I stay just around 283lbs offseason big and happy. Or I could be like you and lift for a decade to wind up at 6 foot tall at 163 pounds....awesome gains there bro....one more decade and you might be a robust strapping 170.

The Coach

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2008, 07:48:07 PM »
What athletes would those be?  What have their achieved via your training? 

My point is that you seem quick to make judgement about someone else. 

What am I judging? I said that training athletes isn't close to training bodybuilders. This isn't speculation, it's fact. I didn't enter this thread to get into a pissing match with anyone.

At the moment I have 3 active athletes in the MLB, one with Boston, one with Minnesota and one with Toronto. 6 players from the Long Beach St. Dirtbags (baseball) 4 from Long Beach St. women's softball. I have 2 athletes that just got done with the NFL combine's in Indy. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's full time sparring partner and after July 5th will also have Jackson himself and many more from high school through college levels (D1). I also have alot from the general public.

Past athletes include Mark McGuire, Ryan Leaf, Dennis Rodman, Tank Abbot and many moons ago Tito Ortiz.

Strength coaches I have worked with include, Mike Boyle, Joe DeFranco, Juan Carlos Santana,Alwyn Cosgrove and John Berardi (we're having dinner next Friday night (He's here for the Perform Better Summit in Long Beach) and Bob Ward.

Again Chris, I train athletes for a living. I did not by anymeans judge anyone. I just questioned somethings.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »

Strength coaches I have worked with include, Mike Boyle, Joe DeFranco, Juan Carlos Santana,Alwyn Cosgrove and John Berardi (we're having dinner next Friday night (He's here for the Perform Better Summit in Long Beach) and Bob Ward.

sounds like you've got some major ties with the NASM crew....they're just raking in the cash aren't they  ;D  ;)
just not good enough

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »

Please, show a picture of yourself since you think Dante is fat and all.

The Coach

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »

sounds like you've got some major ties with the NASM crew....they're just raking in the cash aren't they  ;D  ;)

All are CSCS and much more.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
All are CSCS and much more.

Oh I'm sure they are...

I was ONLY referring to their "cash raking" abilities  ;)
just not good enough

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
Says the guy who asked me to train him 4 years ago, who I refused because he isnt the type of person I would ever train and has been royally pissed off ever since. (Oh did you think I didnt know who you were?)

As far as myself Ive been 20%, 16%, 10% and 6% but most of the time I stay just around 283lbs offseason big and happy. Or I could be like you and lift for a decade to wind up at 6 foot tall at 163 pounds....awesome gains there bro....one more decade and you might be a robust strapping 170.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha obviously i've been caught. i tried to hide it, but your right i have secretly been ploting revenge on you for refusing to train me 4 years ago ::)

epic lies about your bodyfat, please post a pic of you at 6% bf, just 1. hahahahaha you can't.

you have always had some excuse for never coming in ripped for shows you claimed you were going to do, i.e. i'm too busy at work, i've got some personal shit to deal with, my dog died, blah blah blah.

the truth is you are a greedy slob, who burnt out due to excessivly high dosages of aas - live with it.

Please, show a picture of yourself since you think Dante is fat and all.

hahaha how remarkable - it never fails to amaze me that theres always some diehard trueprotein/doggcrapp commando ready to defend their fearless leader. ::)

wheres your pics 'bigguns' ::) i have better things to do that post pics of myself on a 50% gay bb board. ::) and can happily live with that decision, can you?
175lbs by 31st July

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2008, 09:02:10 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahaha obviously i've been caught. i tried to hide it, but your right i have secretly been ploting revenge on you for refusing to train me 4 years ago ::)

epic lies about your bodyfat, please post a pic of you at 6% bf, just 1. hahahahaha you can't.

you have always had some excuse for never coming in ripped for shows you claimed you were going to do, i.e. i'm too busy at work, i've got some personal shit to deal with, my dog died, blah blah blah.

the truth is you are a greedy slob, who burnt out due to excessivly high dosages of aas - live with it.

hahaha how remarkable - it never fails to amaze me that theres always some diehard trueprotein/doggcrapp commando ready to defend their fearless leader. ::)

wheres your pics 'bigguns' ::) i have better things to do that post pics of myself on a 50% gay bb board. ::) and can happily live with that decision, can you?

Yes I can. :)

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2008, 07:36:34 AM »

Never thought I'd say this but here goes EPIC MELTDOWN!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »
Never thought I'd say this but here goes EPIC MELTDOWN!

hahahahaha ok 'buff' remember to order your protein using the promo code 'danteismygod'.  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
Wow man your like beyond angry.....its allright bro, deep breathes, relax, put your feet up and think happy thoughts.....I rejected alot of people who wanted me to train them, probably 75% of the people who contacted me....you just didnt make the cut. Look at your posts....im pretty good at weeding out who is an athlete and who is just an angry, unsatisfied bitter individual......you are the latter if you didnt figure that one out. Use google, there has to be some kind of person in your area you can talk to.....to overcome these issues you have.

For the time being, heres a song to cheer you up and bring a little sunshine into that desolate existence

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2008, 10:16:20 AM »
Wow man your like beyond angry.....its allright bro, deep breathes, relax, put your feet up and think happy thoughts.....I rejected alot of people who wanted me to train them, probably 75% of the people who contacted me....you just didnt make the cut. Look at your posts....im pretty good at weeding out who is an athlete and who is just an angry, unsatisfied bitter individual......you are the latter if you didnt figure that one out. Use google, there has to be some kind of person in your area you can talk to.....to overcome these issues you have.

For the time being, heres a song to cheer you up and bring a little sunshine into that desolate existence

thanks dante. Now i understand why these peopple worship you ::)

you should be walking on sunshine - you got internet notoriety for stealing others workout ideas, and claiming them as your own, then recommending mega protein levels, while just so hapening to start a protein powder company.

now years later you have devotees everywhere al preaching the bibe of dante ::)

good job bro :(
175lbs by 31st July

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2008, 11:26:36 AM »
you dont get it bro....its not worship....its simply this. Im a good guy. I treat good positive people in this sport with respect, give away alot of supplements for free and try to be fair to everyone. If you havent noticed, Im friends with alot of people in the sport who are known as "good guys"...birds of a feather......People recognize that and reciprocate. People like you who worship a bottle of alcohol as a god figure, having nothing good to say about anything or anyone, and carry your bitterness of real life failure onto a bodybuilding board to make yourself feel (somewhat better about yourself) I treat with disdain.

Nobody likes to be around the guy/girl who bitches and complains about everything 24/7...figure it out.

Stavios

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »

Unless someone is REALLY HUGE, he should not argue with Dante about his technique.
if you look at his trainees and himself, it looks like it works very well since they all put on incredible amount of muscle mass in a short time

that would be like me, telling tiger wood how to train to be a better golfer when I don't play golf

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »
you dont get it bro....its not worship....its simply this. Im a good guy. I treat good positive people in this sport with respect, give away alot of supplements for free and try to be fair to everyone. If you havent noticed, Im friends with alot of people in the sport who are known as "good guys"...birds of a feather......People recognize that and reciprocate. People like you who worship a bottle of alcohol as a god figure, having nothing good to say about anything or anyone, and carry your bitterness of real life failure onto a bodybuilding board to make yourself feel (somewhat better about yourself) I treat with disdain.

Nobody likes to be around the guy/girl who bitches and complains about everything 24/7...figure it out.

hahahahaha now i'm an alcoholic because i dont use or believe in doggcrapp :o  shocking ! dante your clutching at straws here, it's clear you don't like any questions regarding your system/advice or beliefs. Thats fine, but don't expect me or anyone else to just sit quietly as you peddle your protein and claim naturals and users alike need 600g of protein.

I believe your training is a copy of others mostly metzer/jones/westside, nd i believe your stretching and nutrition to be a copy of parillo's. get over it. :-*
Unless someone is REALLY HUGE, he should not argue with Dante about his technique.
if you look at his trainees and himself, it looks like it works very well since they all put on incredible amount of muscle mass in a short time

that would be like me, telling tiger wood how to train to be a better golfer when I don't play golf

no its like me telling a muppet like yourself to re-read what i said. i said why would anyone ask dante for nutrition advice when its clear he eats far too much. you disagree? does dante disagree? then feel free to post a pic and own me? i can post plenty of him full of gear and bloated, but none of his below 10%
175lbs by 31st July

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »
wow.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
hahahahaha now i'm an alcoholic because i dont use or believe in doggcrapp :o  shocking ! dante your clutching at straws here, it's clear you don't like any questions regarding your system/advice or beliefs. Thats fine, but don't expect me or anyone else to just sit quietly as you peddle your protein and claim naturals and users alike need 600g of protein.

I believe your training is a copy of others mostly metzer/jones/westside, nd i believe your stretching and nutrition to be a copy of parillo's. get over it. :-*
no its like me telling a muppet like yourself to re-read what i said. i said why would anyone ask dante for nutrition advice when its clear he eats far too much. you disagree? does dante disagree? then feel free to post a pic and own me? i can post plenty of him full of gear and bloated, but none of his below 10%

Questions on my system? its been around since 1992, what possible questions could there be with it. It works extremely well for multiple of thousands of people....how many pictures and posts by various people and trainees have there been on the net now in the last 8 years? 5000? If it didnt work it would dissapear. Do you see me on any board but Intensemuscle pushing it? Ive asked it to be taken down multiple boards because Im just sick of answering questions. Its beyond my control...people tell other people about it because it works well.  I hope you have a whole bunch of pics of me....since my hard drive blew up last year, and two professional recoveries didnt do anything..... and ive lost just about every single picture Ive taken in the last 6 years, including my wedding photos with my wife, pictures of my family, trips to hawai, and florida, irreplaceable pics of my mom and dad and nieces....do you think you can send me some from that Dante file youve been keeping?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »
dante do you offer financing on bulk protein purchases ?  :D

...seriously though

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »
dante do you offer financing on bulk protein purchases ?  :D

...seriously though

I wish i could Candid...if i had to do it all over again---I would of never gotten into protein sales....there is no margin....its too heavy to ship and you just dont make money on it. Want to get rich in the supplement industry? Make a 100 capsule product, sell it for 29.95-39.95 like all these companies do....because it costs about $3.50 to make that product (if that)......I use to actually lose money selling protein to certain parts of canada because i pay all duty/border charges but I just took it because I couldnt charge Eastern Canada more money....than the rest of Canada.

For you Candid...because i feel bad and im an equal opportunity business owner and I was going to put extra stuff in Alex's box anyway, I feel i owe you.....Ill do this because of that fighting thread with Alex....IM fair all the way around.....Ill send you 5 pounds of protein for free, any kind of protein you want, any flavor you want...and ill throw in a shaker cup for you.....(just for you only)....just email me at Dante@trueprotein.com and let me know what you want and where to send it and Ill take care of it on monday. Because ill do it for Alex ill do it for you because I want to be fair.

To your original question if you use "Dogg" in the discount code box you get 5% off your order, and if you order over 15lbs you get another 5% off your order...so that is 10% off 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
 Dante i love you.  :)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
since my hard drive blew up last year, and two professional recoveries didnt do anything..... and ive lost just about every single picture Ive taken in the last 6 years, including my wedding photos with my wife, pictures of my family, trips to hawai, and florida, irreplaceable pics of my mom and dad and nieces....do you think you can send me some from that Dante file youve been keeping?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha how convenient  ::)

I wish i could Candid...if i had to do it all over again---I would of never gotten into protein sales....there is no margin....its too heavy to ship and you just dont make money on it. Want to get rich in the supplement industry? Make a 100 capsule product, sell it for 29.95-39.95 like all these companies do....because it costs about $3.50 to make that product (if that)......I use to actually lose money selling protein to certain parts of canada because i pay all duty/border charges but I just took it because I couldnt charge Eastern Canada more money....than the rest of Canada.

For you Candid...because i feel bad and im an equal opportunity business owner and I was going to put extra stuff in Alex's box anyway, I feel i owe you.....Ill do this because of that fighting thread with Alex....IM fair all the way around.....Ill send you 5 pounds of protein for free, any kind of protein you want, any flavor you want...and ill throw in a shaker cup for you.....(just for you only)....just email me at Dante@trueprotein.com and let me know what you want and where to send it and Ill take care of it on monday. Because ill do it for Alex ill do it for you because I want to be fair.

To your original question if you use "Dogg" in the discount code box you get 5% off your order, and if you order over 15lbs you get another 5% off your order...so that is 10% off 

translation = I've milked everyone on intensemuscle dry, now i need new customers to bleed. I'll offer you some for free to hook you then.......... BOOM your mine.

Dante, seriously nice touch. your kindness knows no bounds, if only you were so kind to me when as a youngling i asked the great Dante one small question, only to be attacked by yourself and 20 or so Dante disciples. I've never recovered as you can see  :'(
175lbs by 31st July