Author Topic: Protein powder is a SCAM  (Read 13601 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: Protein powder is a SCAM
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2008, 05:27:21 AM »

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2008, 06:35:55 AM »

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 07:34:28 AM »
These protein power haters need to put up or shut up.  Look at this beast...tell me this would be possible without 600g of protein per day....

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2008, 07:42:02 AM »
hhahahah quote from the master-------one of the greatest BBers who, in my opinion came closest to achieving perfection

he used to eat 7lb's of horsemeat a day ;)

but what would he know about building muscle------Im definitely more likely to believe some anonymous kid on hte internet trolling for a reaction ::)

Yes he is surely more knowledgeable than the scientific community.  Why didn't the NYtimes ask for Serge Nubret's opinion before going to press.  Terrible journalism.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2008, 07:43:54 AM »
These protein power haters need to put up or shut up.  Look at this beast...tell me this would be possible without 600g of protein per day....

It wouldn't be possible but for protein powder, as a natural you need to consume massive amounts of protein to develop that level of BACNE.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:05 AM »
Yes he is surely more knowledgeable than the scientific community.  Why didn't the NYtimes ask for Serge Nubret's opinion before going to press.  Terrible journalism.
your little cut and paste study has already been torn apart

where does it in the study say that whey protein is ineffectual or not a great choice for protein ???  OH yes it doesnt but you continue to spew out this crap with little heed to the actual content of the article.  you rip apart protein supplements and try to pass it off as scientific fact but your article only talks about how people MAY need less protein after working out  (it says nothing about the quality of whey or casein proteins) but he concedes this is not absolute scientific fact because in his own words
"They can take 6 to 10 weeks of training. That makes it very hard to design and carry out studies to see if athletes really do improve if they consume protein after they exercise.

“You’d have to control everything, what they do, how they train, and also their carbohydrate and protein intake,” Dr. Jeukendrup said. “Those studies become almost impossible to do.”
  how can this be an accurate study if they cannot control all factors----this is simple 8th grade science.

studies by Dr. Jeukendrup and several others have shown that consuming protein after exercise speeds up muscle protein synthesis,
hahah so speeding up protein synthesis is not benefical in your expert eyes ???

even the doctor doing the study says he takes protein supplements
Some, like Dr. Jeukendrup, say they use a commercial protein-energy drink after training hard, for convenience

you have proven yourself to be a dimwit and a bad troll. Next time make sure you actually carefully read the article before you start preaching :D ;)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »
your little cut and paste study has already been torn apart

where does it in the study say that whey protein is ineffectual or not a great choice for protein ???  OH yes it doesnt but you continue to spew out this crap with little heed to the actual content of the article.  you rip apart protein supplements and try to pass it off as scientific fact but your article only talks about how people MAY need less protein after working out  (it says nothing about the quality of whey or casein proteins) but he concedes this is not absolute scientific fact because in his own words   how can this be an accurate study if they cannot control all factors----this is simple 8th grade science.
hahah so speeding up protein synthesis is not benefical in your expert eyes ???

even the doctor doing the study says he takes protein supplements
you have proven yourself to be a dimwit and a bad troll. Next time make sure you actually carefully read the article before you start preaching :D ;)

you're an idiot, so I will break it down for you in simple terms.

The article explains that all available evidence suggests that no more than 20g of protein is necessary only after a workout (which BBers rarely do more than once a day).  This is a miniscule amount so it is not necessary to use supplementary protein to obtain it as you will surely get at least this much in a meal of normal foods.  Hence protein supplements are unnecessary.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:04 AM »

The article explains that all available evidence suggests that no more than 20g of protein is necessary only after a workout (which BBers rarely do more than once a day).  This is a miniscule amount so it is not necessary to use supplementary protein to obtain it as you will surely get at least this much in a meal of normal foods.  Hence protein supplements are unnecessary.

you're arguing with people who outweigh you by upwards of 100 pounds, most of it muscle, and nearly all of which are natural and rather enjoy using protein supplements.

convenience, effectiveness, cost efficiency, pick your reason. at less than 150 pounds, no one's going to give a good god damn what you have to say.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
It wouldn't be possible but for protein powder, as a natural you need to consume massive amounts of protein to develop that level of BACNE.
that kid looks like a beastt !   :D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2008, 12:01:18 PM »
you're arguing with people who outweigh you by upwards of 100 pounds, most of it muscle, and nearly all of which are natural and rather enjoy using protein supplements.

convenience, effectiveness, cost efficiency, pick your reason. at less than 150 pounds, no one's going to give a good god damn what you have to say.

My weight has no logical bearing on the truth value of this statement:

If you could refute my statement logically you would, instead you go for an ad hominem attack to distract from this inconvenient truth.

Since I'm a sporting man though I will address your attack.  It is false.  I just weighed myself at 153.5, and there is not a single natural BBer in history who has been over 253.5 lean.  That is heavier than all but the most recent Mr. Olympia.  You are truly deluded.  Somehow supplement propagandists have convinced you that you can achieve the steroid look without steroids by using their products (I'm guessing it's their expert use of photos of mass monsters to appeal to your drive to get huge).  Unfortunately, for you the only results you have gotten are fat gain and money loss.  At over 200lbs you are mostly fat and don't even look muscular.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »

my god you are dim!!!!----first of all you didnt address any of my points, you obviously didnt read my post just as you didnt really read teh article------I acknowledged they were questioning how much protein an athlete needs but the Dr's also acknowledged their study was fundamentally flawed as it had no controls and also stated
“Some studies suggested that adding proteins to carbohydrates during exercise can enhance performance,” Dr. Tarnopolsky said. “Many other studies suggested it didn’t do any good.”
so they are saying that this study is in no way definitive proof as to how much protein an athlete needs and if it increases performance.  yet you preach that their findings are the end all be all---which they do not even admit.

the study didnt study different athletes of various sizes etc. DO you really think an athlete that is 260lbs of lean muscle only needs the same paltry 15grams of protein as an athlete that weighs 155lbs ???

your title of the thread is inherently flawed as the article doesnt address whether or not whey protein works---all they say is an athlete MAY not need as much, but do not say that getting your protein from a supplement is bad.  Even Dr. Jeukendrup admits he uses a protein energy drink after working out.

Im through debating you since you have no concept of debate and only repeat yourself and sling insults without reading or understaning my stance and addressing the points theiren.

END POINT-----------the study was not controlled and was flawed on so many levels it holds no scientific merit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
my god you are dim!!!!----first of all you didnt address any of my points, you obviously didnt read my post just as you didnt really read teh article------I acknowledged they were questioning how much protein an athlete needs but the Dr's also acknowledged their study was fundamentally flawed as it had no controls and also stated so they are saying that this study is in no way definitive proof as to how much protein an athlete needs and if it increases performance.  yet you preach that their findings are the end all be all---which they do not even admit.

the study didnt study different athletes of various sizes etc. DO you really think an athlete that is 260lbs of lean muscle only needs the same paltry 15grams of protein as an athlete that weighs 155lbs ???

your title of the thread is inherently flawed as the article doesnt address whether or not whey protein works---all they say is an athlete MAY not need as much, but do not say that getting your protein from a supplement is bad.  Even Dr. Jeukendrup admits he uses a protein energy drink after working out.

Im through debating you since you have no concept of debate and only repeat yourself and sling insults without reading or understaning my stance and addressing the points theiren.

END POINT-----------the study was not controlled and was flawed on so many levels it holds no scientific merit

good you should stay out of this because you are too close minded to benefit from the discussion or learn from scientific findings that are directly applicable to your training.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2008, 12:32:38 PM »
so how much protein should we eat per day?

E
E

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2008, 12:35:06 PM »

lol.

pwned.

why is someone who is a MASSIVE 150 pounds on a bodybuilding board anyway, unless of course they compete in ms. fitness.
b

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »

E

The same amount that you consume daily with the regular blowjobs you provide to men in your neighborhood.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

E

it has been proven that the most active athletes need not consume more than 1 gram per pound of body weight.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
The same amount my mother consumes daily with the regular blowjobs that she provides you every day.

???

E
E