Author Topic: hahaha Oil back at record highs already  (Read 2528 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: hahaha Oil back at record highs already
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:26 PM »
Dont panic people, some good news, we're back down to a measly $134  ::)

The cost of oil has eased after Friday's record-breaking surge but analysts have warned that prices are likely to remain highly volatile.

US light, sweet crude slid $4.19 to $134.35 after Friday's unparalleled $11 jump to $139.12. Brent fell $3.78 to $133.91, down from a record of $137.69.

In sales psychology its called price conditioning.  Blow your mind then take it back a notch.  Then do it again.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »
We need to find a way to cleanly burn all that coal we have, and keep the speculators from fucking us over.

ahem... combustion catalysts.

The Saudis even say there is no reason for prices to be this high.  The gov't needs to seriously look into the oil companies.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »
Yeah, true.  It will take a massive revolt or the value of the dollar rising fast to anything close to fix this problem.

The Portuguese are blockading roads to tourist areas, The Spaniards are blocking roads into and out of France, The British are crawling across highways, the Belgians are rioting... The French are threatening to cripple the entire French economy. In France they're paying the equivalent of $7.57 USD a gallon, but they're not feeling it as much because the Euro is so much higher than the US dollar.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »

In sales psychology its called price conditioning.  Blow your mind then take it back a notch.  Then do it again.   

Yep, ...that's exactly what they're doing. And it's working too.

I remember when we broke the $1.oo a litre barrier. People were freaking out.
One day when the price dropped to $1.10 a litre, I actually had a woman comment that $1.10 a litre was cheap gas. Now were up to $1.349. If we drop to $1.29, there'll be a hoard of people rushing to fill up on "cheap gas"  ::)
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
I would vote for whoever could realistically produce a long term solution to the economy and specifically the gas problem.  I'm a cheap SOB and want to pay for cheap shit.  Lol
Squishy face retard

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 06:55:05 PM »
I would vote for whoever could realistically produce a long term solution to the economy and specifically the gas problem.  I'm a cheap SOB and want to pay for cheap shit.  Lol

You are precisely the reason American companies move overseas and outsource.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »
Well when Chevy makes a truck that has better gas mileage like my current one and gets a better resale value, I'll buy an American truck.  As far as other goods, I usually buy American.  When it comes to getting fucked up the ass on gas and driving to work, yeah I'm going want what I want.  Got a problem?
Squishy face retard

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
Well when Chevy makes a truck that has better gas mileage like my current one and gets a better resale value, I'll buy an American truck.  As far as other goods, I usually buy American.  When it comes to getting fucked up the ass on gas and driving to work, yeah I'm going want what I want.  Got a problem?

American cars also tend to breakdown like crazy when compared to jap cars.

My cousin's ford windstar is a piece of shit

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »

Yeah, they are shit.  This guy gets mad about outsourcing but maybe if more Americans went to school to be engineers instead of COM or Education majors they would have better paying jobs.  I blame stupid asses who are lazy for most of the outsourcing. 
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »

The problems with that is that the long-term planning was not taken into consideration, ...only short term profit.

This has led to a crisis point. With the growth of suburbia, we now live miles away from where we work.
In other parts of the world, industrial areas go right through neighbourhoods, and people live & work within minutes of each other. High fuel prices while painful won't impact them as much as it will impact those of us in North America where relative to other parts of the world, ...our mass transit systems pale.

We also need to get back into the business of making things.

GM just announced they were moving the most effective truck plant in North America down to Mexico.
2,500 people out of work in a one industry town. Where are they going to go? Mexico?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »

My preference is for German engineered cars, ...but darnit if you don't pay through the nose for parts.
It cost me close to $100 for a bloody rad hose on my Audi, the same thing on a GM would be like $15 maybe.
Then everytime I took the BMW in, I could always expect to walk out at least $500 lighter {lol}
w

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
Toyotas last forever.  Itll outlive you and piss on your grave..

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »

Exactly.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 09:00:50 PM »
Toyotas last forever.  Itll outlive you and piss on your grave..

Not north of the 49th parrallel they don't. Japanese cars rust so fast it ain't funny.
And the Korean cars... they start rusting as soon as the weatherman predicts rain.
Those Asian cars don't fare very well in winter climates where they salt the roads.

ps: I'm gonna live forever!
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »
Not north of the 49th parrallel they don't. Japanese cars rust so fast it ain't funny.
And the Korean cars... they start rusting as soon as the weatherman predicts rain.
Those Asian cars don't fare very well in winter climates where they salt the roads.

Northeast, yes, northwest, no.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »

Your supposed to put those catylasts in the car, Jag.  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »

Your supposed to put those catylasts in the car, Jag.  ;D

Awww poop! ...now he tells me!   ;)
w