Author Topic: Very high carb diets  (Read 1386 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Very high carb diets
« on: June 08, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »
Watching Jay Cutler Videos, he says he needs 800-1000 grams of carbs per day to stay looking "full"
Milos Sarcev also reccomends very high amounts of carbs, even while dieting.

I always thought high amounts of carbs make u FAT?

Can anyone explain the benefits or reasons for a super high carb diet

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Very high carb diets
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
carbs work wonders in some people but in most people they are the devil

try a higher carb diet for a week or two and take notice if you get soft and fat and how the carbs effect your energy

if you dont get fat and you feel energized after eating oatmeal then do the high carb diet but make sure you get enough saturated fats at night time to stimulate your hormones bro

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »

try a higher carb diet for a week or two and take notice if you get soft and fat and how the carbs effect your energy

if you dont get fat and you feel energized after eating oatmeal then do the high carb diet but make sure you get enough saturated fats at night time to stimulate your hormones bro

Debussey loves high carbs.

Dieting on 60% of total calories from carbs works great, although DEbussey usually goes a bit lower.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:38:23 PM »

Debussey loves high carbs.

Dieting on 60% of total calories from carbs works great, although DEbussey usually goes a bit lower.
thast what works great for debussey.  :)

not everybody

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 12:11:42 AM »
Watching Jay Cutler Videos, he says he needs 800-1000 grams of carbs per day to stay looking "full"
Milos Sarcev also reccomends very high amounts of carbs, even while dieting.

I always thought high amounts of carbs make u FAT?

Can anyone explain the benefits or reasons for a super high carb diet
You are talking about a man that weighs 300 pounds and most of it muscle, his body would tear through the 800 grams of carbs in no time. He is on many compounds that allow his body to burn at a rate the average person wouldn't be able to handle, and between his workouts and his cardio is 3-5 hours daily. Believe me the average person would be obese eating 800 grams of carbs a day.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 04:34:59 AM »
You are talking about a man that weighs 300 pounds and most of it muscle, his body would tear through the 800 grams of carbs in no time. He is on many compounds that allow his body to burn at a rate the average person wouldn't be able to handle, and between his workouts and his cardio is 3-5 hours daily. Believe me the average person would be obese eating 800 grams of carbs a day.
Exactly. Those guys weigh almost twice as much as a normal person. Just doing normal stuff would already burn twice as many calories.
They work out much more and heavier than regular people as well, so high carbs is a good choice for them i guess.
$

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 06:32:49 PM »
  I know I may sound like one of those all-drugs culprits here, but the juice that Milos and Jay take on a regular basis allows them to eat more since those nutrients will be utilized at a much higher rate than would be the case with a natural bodybuilder. I myself feel healthy and stable on both high- and very-low-carb diets.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 12:04:07 AM »
  I know I may sound like one of those all-drugs culprits here, but the juice that Milos and Jay take on a regular basis allows them to eat more since those nutrients will be utilized at a much higher rate than would be the case with a natural bodybuilder. I myself feel healthy and stable on both high- and very-low-carb diets.
Not at all :)

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 06:58:34 AM »

What is with you and your saturated fat dude?  Saturated fats aren't healthy.  You want plenty of unsaturated fat, that's what will promote high testosterone.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15:08 AM »
What is with you and your saturated fat dude?  Saturated fats aren't healthy.  You want plenty of unsaturated fat, that's what will promote high testosterone.
are you natural right now? if so, try out three days eating high saturated fat coming from natural quality cholestrol high sources like whole eggs and red meat..... and then try a few days using only lean protein sources with alot of unsaturated fat...    and if you get the same effects from unsaturated fats that you do from saturated cholestrol fats then by all means do it that way. but i have done the same thing and i notice much better results from consuming lots of saturated fats and cholestrol.   

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »
A Large Egg has 5 grams of fat, an only 1.5 grams of Saturated Fat. 

3 oz. of Filet Mignon has 6.7 grams of fat and only 2.5 grams of Saturated Fat.

3 oz. 85% lean ground beef has 13 grams of fat and only 4.9 grams of Saturated Fat.

Even the 85% beef isn't very high in saturated fat?  Foods that are high in saturated fat are things like Sausage, Bacon, Butter and most Pastries (cookies, pie crusts, doughnuts, etc.) - all of those things will most definitely have a negative impact on hormonal balance.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »
well then i am being misunderstood. i dont think eating cheese or bacon or sausage r prok rinds is a good thing to do.

but lets say 6 whole eggs with a steak ??  :D

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:57:44 AM »
But still, when you look at the proportion of the saturated fat to the total amount of fat, it's around 30%.  I wouldn't call them high-saturated fat foods.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
are you natural right now? if so, try out three days eating high saturated fat coming from natural quality cholestrol high sources like whole eggs and red meat..... and then try a few days using only lean protein sources with alot of unsaturated fat...    and if you get the same effects from unsaturated fats that you do from saturated cholestrol fats then by all means do it that way. but i have done the same thing and i notice much better results from consuming lots of saturated fats and cholestrol.   

HAHAHA  What a f'n tool.

What kinds of "results" are you gonna see in just three days?  You gonna put on a slab of 5 lbs of pure muscle just from eating more saturated fats.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 10:22:49 AM »
HAHAHA  What a f'n tool.

What kinds of "results" are you gonna see in just three days?  You gonna put on a slab of 5 lbs of pure muscle just from eating more saturated fats.
what dont you try to be more connected with your body... ? you can feel if you have elevated test levels, definitely