Author Topic: GH Before or After morning workout  (Read 4961 times)

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
GH Before or After morning workout
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »
Hi guys,

I get up at 5am train at 5:30 Am until 6:30 Am.

Postwork I take in about 40g Simple carbs 60 Complex and 40g whey.

What I wanted to know is ive been taking a shot of GH as I wake up pre work out.

Is this the best time or should I rather be taking it about an hour after my post work out shake?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: GH Before or After morning workout
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:54:20 AM »
Hi guys,

I get up at 5am train at 5:30 Am until 6:30 Am.

Postwork I take in about 40g Simple carbs 60 Complex and 40g whey.

What I wanted to know is ive been taking a shot of GH as I wake up pre work out.

Is this the best time or should I rather be taking it about an hour after my post work out shake?

I think the way you have been doing it, upon waking is best.  They say the best time to take GH is when your natural GH levels are lowest, even though this is kind of hard to always pinpoint because of the way GH is released by your pituitary.  Most will say when you wake up in the morning it is lowest, when you get into REM sleep it is supposedly the highest.

Have read that a couple/few times a day is also better.  I would think another good time would be in the afternoon before your preworkout food.  GH levels are also lower when you are hungry or an empty stomach.

Would love to hear more on this, cause I'm just going by what I remember reading on it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »
Interesting study showing a time lag between injection and suppression, as well as suppression duration, effects on ffa & igf1 levels.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/2/601#R31

drop set

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:22:50 PM »
although i have never used gh i understand that it best be split and taken when you wake,immediately after training and before bed in a ratio of 1:2:1 . the problem you have is trainin so early,i think i would be inclined to split it after your workout and b4 bed if i were you

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
I had to start takeing mine at night.
I got extreemly tired durring the day

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
First thing in the morning on an empty stomach is the best time to take GH

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:48 PM »
I think the way you have been doing it, upon waking is best.  They say the best time to take GH is when your natural GH levels are lowest, even though this is kind of hard to always pinpoint because of the way GH is released by your pituitary.  Most will say when you wake up in the morning it is lowest, when you get into REM sleep it is supposedly the highest.

You can't avoid suppression of nighttime GH release by doing it in the morning though.

Personally I don't think timing matters that much. If you look at the pharmacokinetics of GH you can see it's a fairly long acting hormone, especially if you look at how long it takes for IGF-1 to start increasing and how long IGF-1 is elevated after a shot.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 10:17:34 PM »
You can't avoid suppression of nighttime GH release by doing it in the morning though.

Personally I don't think timing matters that much. If you look at the pharmacokinetics of GH you can see it's a fairly long acting hormone, especially if you look at how long it takes for IGF-1 to start increasing and how long IGF-1 is elevated after a shot.

Do you mean timing doesn't matter because the elevated IGF1 level will supress natural production?

Agree that IGF1 takes awhile to kick in and remains elevated, but the study I posted shows recovey of natural levels even with an elevated IGF1 level.  It seems like IGF1 isn't the primary supressor. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
Do you mean timing doesn't matter because the elevated IGF1 level will supress natural production?

Agree that IGF1 takes awhile to kick in and remains elevated, but the study I posted shows recovey of natural levels even with an elevated IGF1 level.  It seems like IGF1 isn't the primary supressor. 

I meant that since many, or most, of the desired effects from GH are due to IGF-1, it probably doesn't matter hugely when you shoot it.

This study looked at a single shot. I suspect that after being on it continuously there would be more suppression. Even here it says, "Both the AUC12–18 h and AUC18–24 h tended to be suppressed in the 20K-hGH-treated groups, although differences were not significant compared with the placebo group."

But if you wanted the least amount of suppression according to this study you should maybe shoot it just before retiring to bed due to the lag time. Or waking up a few hours after going to sleep to shoot it. The FFA peaked at 4-8 hours. Should you do your cardio 4-8 hours after the shot to burn off those fatty acids? If so it would be perfect to shoot it a night and then do morning cardio.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »
But if you wanted the least amount of suppression according to this study you should maybe shoot it just before retiring to bed due to the lag time.

I agree with your assessment given that this study showed minimal suppression during the first 6 hours after administration, even in the .1mg/kg group.  I found the link in a thread debating the merits of a bedtime shot vs. morning shot with regards to minimizing suppression, given the cost of exogenous GH.  Not surprisingly, they never reached a concensus. 

I'm considering running it in conjunction with PCT and beyond for antiaging (not with insulin for bodybuilding purposes), but don't want to pay for 2 or 3iu just to suppress 1.5iu of natural production.  Do you have any thoughts on eod shots or other dosing protocols Van?  Or any views on the effectiveness of GH in general (mine would be by prescription, so presumeably not counterfeit)?  Reviews of this drug are very mixed.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
I agree with your assessment given that this study showed minimal suppression during the first 6 hours after administration, even in the .1mg/kg group.  I found the link in a thread debating the merits of a bedtime shot vs. morning shot with regards to minimizing suppression, given the cost of exogenous GH.  Not surprisingly, they never reached a concensus. 

Was it a thread on CEM?

I'm considering running it in conjunction with PCT and beyond for antiaging (not with insulin for bodybuilding purposes), but don't want to pay for 2 or 3iu just to suppress 1.5iu of natural production.  Do you have any thoughts on eod shots or other dosing protocols Van?  Or any views on the effectiveness of GH in general (mine would be by prescription, so presumeably not counterfeit)?  Reviews of this drug are very mixed.

I have almost zero personal experience with it, used a couple of hundred IU and didn't notice much (not a surprise of course).

It's probably a case of more is better, within reason, when it comes to bodybuilding purposes. Guys use as much as they can afford usually. I've seen the GH "experts" on the net say EOD is better but they're basing this on children using it for height so I'm not sold on this protocol.

I bet 2 or 3IU would raise you IGF-1 levels substantially. I don't see why you'd want to use more than that for anti-aging purposes. That's double endo production.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 08:27:46 AM »
Was it a thread on CEM?

Yep.

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=c3ee2d652b1ebb66db6349c05a15bf15&threadid=4341&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

There was another on ology which had everyone debating back and forth about night vs morning shots too.

I have almost zero personal experience with it, used a couple of hundred IU and didn't notice much (not a surprise of course).

Why do you say it's no surprise?  Do you think the stuff is a worthless fad?  Lots of people seem to think so.  All I can think is that:

- The injected dose wasn't much greater than endo production in those with naturally youthful GH levels
- The user's ability to produce IGF1 was the limiting factor in the GH's effectiveness
- The GH was counterfeit
- GH is so damn slow nothing happens for months
- GH is a waste of time, money, and pins.

It's probably a case of more is better, within reason, when it comes to bodybuilding purposes. Guys use as much as they can afford usually. I've seen the GH "experts" on the net say EOD is better but they're basing this on children using it for height so I'm not sold on this protocol.

I can afford a reasonable amount, but I don't have any plans to go crazy with the stuff.  My main concern is inhibiting endo GH in the long term, sort of like AAS induced hypogonadism with endo T.  I haven't seen anyone anywhere mention this, which is kind of peculiar.  It seems like an obvious concern.  I still have a lot of research left to do tho, so I'll probably find this discussed sooner or later.

I bet 2 or 3IU would raise you IGF-1 levels substantially. I don't see why you'd want to use more than that for anti-aging purposes. That's double endo production.

Aging reversal?  :D  j/k, I'm leaning toward about 2iu/day, although I haven't even talked to the doc yet.  Pretty wimpy by bb standards.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 09:28:04 AM »
Why do you say it's no surprise?  Do you think the stuff is a worthless fad?  Lots of people seem to think so. 

Most will say low dose GH doesn't do much. The effects are very subtle and mostly have to do with general well being, not muscle growth. I don't know how say 15IU of Humatrope or Genotropin a day works - not many can afford to experiment with such dosages using premium quality GH.   :D

Aging reversal?  Cheesy  j/k, I'm leaning toward about 2iu/day, although I haven't even talked to the doc yet.  Pretty wimpy by bb standards.

If you go by what Palumbo says then anything over 2IU a day is foolish, even by bb standards.  :P

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
Most will say low dose GH doesn't do much. The effects are very subtle and mostly have to do with general well being, not muscle growth. I don't know how say 15IU of Humatrope or Genotropin a day works - not many can afford to experiment with such dosages using premium quality GH.   :D
Depends on what you consider low dose. Also, most simply aren't patient enough nor do they have the funds to use it continuously...I sure don't. I've only used it while dieting and never year round like I'd like to...or at least most of the year anyway.

From what I've seen GH do, I would think if I can ever run it at say 4-5iu/ed for a long stint...say 8 months to a year, it would be more then worth it in terms of new found muscle growth.

If anyone wants to donate to the Arnold jr. HGH fund, by all means send me a PM and I'll direct you.

If you go by what Palumbo says then anything over 2IU a day is foolish, even by bb standards.  :P
Actually he has often said that 2iu is the minimum and 4iu should be the max for most BB's.

Personally I've never used more then 4iu/ed...might try 5iu/ed next time, we'll see...biggest reason for that is simply the convenience of taking 5iu out of a 10iu vial.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »
I don't know how say 15IU of Humatrope or Genotropin a day works - not many can afford to experiment with such dosages using premium quality GH.   :D

Noooooooooo.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »
Depends on what you consider low dose. Also, most simply aren't patient enough nor do they have the funds to use it continuously...I sure don't. I've only used it while dieting and never year round like I'd like to...or at least most of the year anyway.

From what I've seen GH do, I would think if I can ever run it at say 4-5iu/ed for a long stint...say 8 months to a year, it would be more then worth it in terms of new found muscle growth.

You sound like a believer AJ.  Are you talking about GH on its own being that effective or run with AAS?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 07:02:04 PM »
You sound like a believer AJ.  Are you talking about GH on its own being that effective or run with AAS?
Yes, in conjunction with AAS.

By itself it can be a good thing...not necessarily in what we here typically think of as a good thing though.

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 07:09:49 AM »
Thanks for all the great responses.

I notice a huge difference when I use GH.  My muscles become fuller , rounder , I get leaner its awesome. GH add a new quality to a physique , well I think anyway.

Ive always used Chinese GH and for the first time no ive gotten my hands on Genotropin. Im using 1.6 IU in the morning and then repeat it in the evening. Im using it with 60mg Anavar per day. I want to run it for 10 weeks and focus more on refining my physique. Ive over exploding on AAS only to blow up and shrink when I come off. Id like to stick to GH and gear like Primo , Var, Masteron ect…

Im 30Lb lighter than I was and im really enjoying this weight. Im about 230 at the moment. I breath easier , train better , eat less , have more quality of life… What I wanted to know which has been strange to me is that ive lost no strength. I can push the same weight at 230 that I could at 260. Im thinking at 260 I had about 10Lb more fat and another 10Lb of water 