Author Topic: Serving in Carter's Army  (Read 1879 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Serving in Carter's Army
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »
U tell me..I would hope so....but its a problem in a big war. If i were China and getting eady to invade Taiwan. I'd smoke Guam, our bases in Japan and Korea. Then I'd blow the Canal. Then  I'd launch my attack. Iran has killed or helped to kill thousands. How many people sit in Iranian jails without due process...Iran was not uganda/Cambodia..plus he was friendly to our aims. The society was pro west and secular. Good job Jimmy.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 04:08:36 PM »
U tell me..I would hope so....but its a problem in a big war. If i were China and getting eady to invade Taiwan. I'd smoke Guam, our bases in Japan and Korea. Then I'd blow the Canal. Then  I'd launch my attack. Iran has killed or helped to kill thousands. How many people sit in Iranian jails without due process...Iran was not uganda/Cambodia..plus he was friendly to our aims. The society was pro west and secular. Good job Jimmy.

It wasn't Jimmy Carter that turned Iran against the West. The hostilities against the Shah were brewing for years.
It simply culminated under Carter's watch. Some of his Republican advisors also steered him the wrong way.
And used American hostages as pawns in order to give Reagan the oval office.

Iranians believe it or not are very VERY pro Western. They love America and all things American.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »
They did....please don't spin this. He failed there..he failed to keep the Soviets from invading Afghanistan. This moron told us to put sweaters on and conserve energy...great plan.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 07:34:28 AM »
It wasn't Jimmy Carter that turned Iran against the West. The hostilities against the Shah were brewing for years.
It simply culminated under Carter's watch. Some of his Republican advisors also steered him the wrong way.
And used American hostages as pawns in order to give Reagan the oval office.

Iranians believe it or not are very VERY pro Western. They love America and all things American.
Generally people have a dim view of foreign powers that overthrow a democratically elected leader.  I'd wager that the Iranian people held a tiny grudge against the US for installing a murderous dictator as their country's leader.

Unless of course human nature doesn't apply to Iranians.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »
Generally people have a dim view of foreign powers that overthrow a democratically elected leader.  I'd wager that the Iranian people held a tiny grudge against the US for installing a murderous dictator as their country's leader.

Unless of course human nature doesn't apply to Iranians.

I guess you're right. Most if not ALL the Iranians I know, emigrated to the west when the Shah was overturned and the Islamic revolution was ushered it. They are VERY pro Western, ...and call themselves Persians. BH is full of them.
w