Author Topic: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....  (Read 19291 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »
1st world people flock here to work and save money. As a tax haven for the extremely wealthy/companies, and you can envision how highly paid work is. No income tax, which appeals to them, even though many have some liabilty to their home nations. Americans get their first $85k waived, Brits pay only 1st year. Majority of people on these islands are foriegn workers actually, each island may only have 6,000 - 25,000 actual locals. As a local I am a rarity around here really. ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
No, idiot, I was living in Europe for 10 years before I came to Korea. I can save 20k a year here; I can't do that in Europe or in the USA. Can you? I am saving for my education Beach Buffoon.

I've already called you a buffoon, so pick another word, Troll.  The great thing about this country is you can work hard, save, invest, live below your means, and choose among 50 incredible states to homestead.  Or you can cut and run if you're not smart enough and don't have the work ethic to make it work.   

I am glad you are saving for your education.  You need all the schooling you can get.  Keep it up.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »
Says the bible thumping moron who never leaves his volcanic island.  ::)

lol. . . .  :-*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 11:35:55 AM »
1st world people flock here to work and save money. As a tax haven for the extremely wealthy/companies, and you can envision how highly paid work is. No income tax, which appeals to them, even though many have some liabilty to their home nations. Americans get their first $85k waived, Brits pay only 1st year. Majority of people on these islands are foriegn workers actually, each island may only have 6,000 - 25,000 actual locals. As a local I am a rarity around here really. ;D

Keep talking and I will move my family to your rock.   :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »
Keep talking and I will move my family to your rock.   :)

Its great, just like the USA, Canada and all 1st world but trust me, like all places we have our negatives. Do not misread me on that ;D

Shopping is worst. I'm in the USA 4/5 times a year to shop, which people unfamilar thinks sounds so 'cool', but gets annoying having to haul a flight to get a wide range of shopping selections. Not money, it's cheap to get there but hassle. Small price to pay I guess, like you guys taxes - we give and take, we can't have it all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:20 PM »
Its great, just like the USA, Canada and all 1st world but trust me, like all places we have our negatives. Do not misread me on that ;D

Shopping is worst. I'm in the USA 4/5 times a year to shop, which people unfamilar thinks sounds so 'cool', but gets annoying having to haul a flight to get a wide range of shopping selections. Not money, it's cheap to get there but hassle. Small price to pay I guess, like you guys taxes - we give and take, we can't have it all.

Bad shopping?  lol.  Stop the presses.  lol . . . .   :D  I HATE shopping.  Makes me nauseous.

Taxes are a killer on this island.  State income taxes are high and we have a general excise tax. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »
London is a very expensive city. Berlin is dirt cheap and fantastic.

If you live in the middle of nowhere in the midwest, then sure it's cheap but NYC is the most expensive city in North America and frankly, one of the few cities even worth living in the USA.

I didn't have to leave the USA. I chose to do so. Better work opportunities outside of the USA.

How often have you left the USA?
lol

You're alright with me, Deicide.  8)
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 12:15:58 PM »
Bad shopping?  lol.  Stop the presses.  lol . . . .   :D  I HATE shopping.  Makes me nauseous.

Taxes are a killer on this island.  State income taxes are high and we have a general excise tax. 

Haha, I mean basic stuff you can't buy here. Island is so small, can't warrant selling more than the basics, not enough demand. [except for super expensive stuff for all the mega rich here]. Even like new curtains or sheets - forget it, unless you want some $2,000 a piece designer stuff. Um, no. My poor self jets to US and hits Bed, Bath & Beyond for the $80 buy ;D

My brother lives in US. He alternates between melting over taxes, and really appreciating all the amenities. Hawaii is still very nice though, I really liked it there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 12:19:25 PM »
Haha, I mean basic stuff you can't buy here. Island is so small, can't warrant selling more than the basics, not enough demand. [except for super expensive stuff for all the mega rich here]. Even like new curtains or sheets - forget it, unless you want some $2,000 a piece designer stuff. Um, no. My poor self jets to US and hits Bed, Bath & Beyond for the $80 buy ;D

My brother lives in US. He alternates between melting over taxes, and really appreciating all the amenities. Hawaii is still very nice though, I really liked it there.

Do places like Walmart, K-Mart, Overstock, etc. ship there? 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 12:27:31 PM »
Do places like Walmart, K-Mart, Overstock, etc. ship there? 

Strange, but weird - we save money by flying.

The whole tax haven thing means Gov is loaded and subsides tons of things - our flights out being one. Cheaper to fly to US, then go to dinner, no joke. If I am getting a few things, I'll fly out early and return on a night flight, save hotel fees making it way cheap. It's only 90 mins to many east coast cities from here. I do shop online a tiny bit, but some things I'm not comfortable with. Like my new kitchen, obviously I shipped it anyway, but tossing out XX,XXX from a photo didn't really sit well with me. Suppose it looked sucky? I'd be stuck with it. Ew.

So yes, trust me, next time you hit a store think of me, and maybe you'll feel better about taxes ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »
Strange, but weird - we save money by flying.

The whole tax haven thing means Gov is loaded and subsides tons of things - our flights out being one. Cheaper to fly to US, then go to dinner, no joke. If I am getting a few things, I'll fly out early and return on a night flight, save hotel fees making it way cheap. It's only 90 mins to many east coast cities from here. I do shop online a tiny bit, but some things I'm not comfortable with. Like my new kitchen, obviously I shipped it anyway, but tossing out XX,XXX from a photo didn't really sit well with me. Suppose it looked sucky? I'd be stuck with it. Ew.

So yes, trust me, next time you hit a store think of me, and maybe you'll feel better about taxes ;D

Verrrry interesting.  A 90 min. plane ride isn't that bad, but it does seem like a major inconvenience if the purpose is to shop for basic stuff.  And if you have that typical island mentality, then taking a 90 minute plane ride is like driving across the country.   Heck I complain about having to drive 10 miles to Wal-Mart.   :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »
Verrrry interesting.  A 90 min. plane ride isn't that bad, but it does seem like a major inconvenience if the purpose is to shop for basic stuff.  And if you have that typical island mentality, then taking a 90 minute plane ride is like driving across the country.   Heck I complain about having to drive 10 miles to Wal-Mart.   :)

It is. Trust me. When I was like 20 fine, but now it's just old. Mind you, I do 'overshop' being a female and all, guys aren't so bothered here.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
I've already called you a buffoon, so pick another word, Troll.  The great thing about this country is you can work hard, save, invest, live below your means, and choose among 50 incredible states to homestead.  Or you can cut and run if you're not smart enough and don't have the work ethic to make it work.   

I am glad you are saving for your education.  You need all the schooling you can get.  Keep it up.     

You're a retard; I pay only 3.3% tax and save 20k a year here. Cutting and running. Right.  ::) What's your PhD in again?
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »
correct.

i'd live in the USA over any country in the world.  Things are bleak at the moment, but remember in the 80s, it was the same mindset.

I was beginning to think 240 you'd just love living in Canada, ...then I remembered your love affair with guns.  ;D
...then I thought of how you were raised in Florida, ...and realized, our winters would just kick your ass  ;D

Finally, I thought, ...maybe you're better off in the USA!  ;D

In 1st grade we did nuke bomb drills where were went to the school's basement cafeteria and hid our heads under our hands.  After all, we all know that covering your head prevents nuke fallout from hurting you.  Our local newspaper - i remember to this DAY - in 1983 ran an article on "what would happen if a bomb hit..." and used a local bridge to show who would be killed in 5 miles, 10 miles, 15 miles... along with how fast you'd die, etc etc.

It was some serious fearmongering.  We had MAD with russia, and there was no way they were going to trade nukes in 1983.  But I bet Reagan was able to get $ for the other things he wanted to do then, under the guise of 'fighting communism so bombs don't hit bridges in your town.

So funny.  I must have been in 2nd grade.  I stared at that newspaper article for hours.  I was so concerned.  Why would they print that shit? lol...

That's how they do it. Instill the fear in you when you're young, ...so they can trigger it at will anytime in the future.

That's how they used to condition slaves. Only with slaves, ...they did it while the child was still in the womb. They would terrorize the pregnant woman, which went right to the fetus. It made it much easier to control the slaves once they were born.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

I pay 146 a month for great health insurance self-employed.  It's not that bad here.

Holy Cow 240!!!

I suppose it's all relative, ...but you just underscored a huge difference between life in the USA and elsewhere.
You think $146/month is reasonable, ...but as a Canadian, I'm appalled. To me that's absolutely exhorbitant.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 09:25:40 PM »
I did but after I found one I pay 50 bucks for sleep meds that I would pay 400 bucks for in the states.

S.Korea is a horrible example. It is a shithole. I am here to leech the money from these farmers and get the fuck out.

Western Europe is where I like to live; I am just on hiatus here. In 2 months time I'll be in the UK for a while.

How did you enjoy the recent protest. Were you affected in any way?
My guys are telling me Truckers in Korea brought the entire country to a standstill protesting the high diesel prices
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »
Heck I complain about having to drive 10 miles to Wal-Mart.   :)

Well with what you're paying for gas, ...I don't blame you!  ;D
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »

That's how they used to condition slaves. Only with slaves, ...they did it while the child was still in the womb. They would terrorize the pregnant woman, which went right to the fetus. It made it much easier to control the slaves once they were born.

Just when I think you can't look any stupider. Hands down THE dumbest comment I've ever read.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
Just when I think you can't look any stupider. Hands down THE dumbest comment I've ever read.

Yeah that's pretty whacked.  Newborns are so difficult to control.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 09:37:52 PM »
It is. Trust me. When I was like 20 fine, but now it's just old. Mind you, I do 'overshop' being a female and all, guys aren't so bothered here.

CQ,
Have you ever done that last minute panic... where you discover you don't have enough room in your luggage for all your purchases, ...and there's no place or time to buy another suitcase before your plane leaves?  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 09:39:24 PM »

Hmmm... maybe you ought to delve a little more into how pregnant women were terrorized during slavery.
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »
I was beginning to think 240 you'd just love living in Canada, ...then I remembered your love affair with guns.  ;D
...then I thought of how you were raised in Florida, ...and realized, our winters would just kick your ass  ;D

Finally, I thought, ...maybe you're better off in the USA!  ;D

That's how they do it. Instill the fear in you when you're young, ...so they can trigger it at will anytime in the future.

240 did not grow up in Florida wench. He moved there. If you weren't such a narcissist you may have paid greater attention to such details.
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
Yeah that's pretty whacked.

To what are you referring? ...my comment, ...or the extent to which women were terrorized?

A baby feels EVERYTHING it's mother feels. If the mother is traumatized, the baby will be too.
If the mother is calm and happy, her baby will be too. If the mother is anxious, so too will be the baby.
Until the baby is born, ...that's just simply how it works. They are one in that sense.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
240 did not grow up in Florida wench. He moved there. If you weren't such a narcissist you may have paid greater attention to such details.

Well, ...excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuse me!  >:(
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2008, 09:46:56 PM »
To what are you referring? ...my comment, ...or the extent to which women were terrorized?

A baby feels EVERYTHING it's mother feels. If the mother is traumatized, the baby will be too.
If the mother is calm and happy, her baby will be too. If the mother is anxious, so too will be the baby.
Until the baby is born, ...that's just simply how it works. They are one in that sense.

I'm finding out about you. You're a real crackpot....and scary.
I hate the State.