Author Topic: 1999 Olympia, DVD screencaps look nothing like real life....  (Read 21666 times)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1999 Olympia, DVD screencaps look nothing like real life....
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 07:09:32 AM »
I believe that the responses by Hulkster to this thread are a good example of what you fellas commonly refer to as 'meltdown'.  A good degree of paranoia at the very least.  I don't believe the poster singled out Ronnie?   Is it not now widely acknowledged that irrespective of whether you believe Ronnie is better than Dorian or vice versa, Hulkster has some deep seated mental issues?

lol

CAN YOU READ, HULKSTER?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 07:19:20 AM »

the problem is that screencaps ARE real life - they way he appeared close up on the DVD is the way he appears live and in person.

Actually, film famously adds weight.
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 07:30:09 AM »
I can see another thread where Hulkster is getting owned by everyone

its easy to get him to meltdown lol

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 07:38:20 AM »
Flex got robbed so badly at the 99 Olympia. :-\

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 07:40:42 AM »
I can see another thread where Hulkster is getting owned by everyone

its easy to get him to meltdown lol

All angles/lighting.
Always been always will be.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 07:41:08 AM »
Flex got robbed so badly at the 99 Olympia. :-\

Don't say that ! Hulkster will go over the edge and Flex thought he won

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
Don't say that ! Hulkster will go over the edge and Flex thought he won

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »
ND fears ForceReps.

ps IceCold, I didn't  'save' the post from FR.

its called the 'search' feature, you blithering idiot.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 08:18:19 AM »
ND fears ForceReps.

ps IceCold, I didn't  'save' the post from FR.

its called the 'search' feature, you blithering idiot.. ::)

I don't fear anything not from you or anyone else , you're the idiot who knowlingly posted photoshopped pics , hey why did  you stop posting them?  ;)

Ummmm continue with the meltdown

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 10:23:32 AM »

if these pics are both from dvd sources, then explain why ronnie is a different color in the 1st pic?

None of thoise pics are from the Official DVD. Those pics are from the Official VHS which is the same VHS that I have. The pre-judging and finals had a slight different lighting idiot. Get that through your empty skull.

You didn't own anyone. Read "forcedreps" posts again and you will see that you are a complete moron.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »

None of thoise pics are from the Official DVD. Those pics are from the Official VHS which is the same VHS that I have. The pre-judging and finals had a slight different lighting idiot. Get that through your empty skull.

You didn't own anyone. Read "forcedreps" posts again and you will see that you are a complete moron.

Man you take this stuff way WAY to seriously lol I'm trying to decide who is worse you or Hulkster , I'd have to go with him he posts way more. lol kid lighten up

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »
lets not forget the fact that dorian trains harder than ronnie

HAHAHHAHAHA! But seriously who trained harder Ronnie or Dorian?
Spirit of Truth

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »
HAHAHHAHAHA! But seriously who trained harder Ronnie or Dorian?

Donnie.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »
Man you take this stuff way WAY to seriously lol I'm trying to decide who is worse you or Hulkster , I'd have to go with him he posts way more. lol kid lighten up

Actually, you take the cake on who is worse. You're on here all day posting. In case you haven't noticed, about 80% of getbig thinks this, LOL. Your post count speaks for itself.

Myself and others have showed the yates fanclub the VHS and DVD screencaps, but they still bytch. I showed you the VHS and DVD screencaps and you understand the difference. Why can't Icecold do the same? If anyone needs to lighten up, it's Icecold. Speak to your boy. He doesn't know the difference between VHS and DVD. So, I just correct him everytime he posts his crap. Maybe he really is a dumba$$, Nothing more.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »
the dryness that Ronnie displayed in 99 is fucking unbelievable :o :o

looks like he had no skin.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008, 06:03:33 PM »
Actually, you take the cake on who is worse. You're on here all day posting. In case you haven't noticed, about 80% of getbig thinks this, LOL. Your post count speaks for itself.

Myself and others have showed the yates fanclub the VHS and DVD screencaps, but they still bytch. I showed you the VHS and DVD screencaps and you understand the difference. Why can't Icecold do the same? If anyone needs to lighten up, it's Icecold. Speak to your boy. He doesn't know the difference between VHS and DVD. So, I just correct him everytime he posts his crap. Maybe he really is a dumba$$, Nothing more.

Again you take this shit way to seriously you get all upset and angry start attacking people who don't agree I'm nothing like that and still sticking to argument ad populum huh? 80% of GetBig lol more weak logic

and again there have been so many different versions of the 99 contest which is the ' real ' ones? and Hulkster did knowingly use photoshopped pics that Bizzy tampered with ( countdown to he ' explains ' himself lol ) so again the claim 99 pics are photoshopped isn't wrong

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 07:42:56 PM »
Exactly, in no way shape or form did I discredit Ronnie.
I just showed a picture of a DVD screencap and a different picture (same contest) more reminiscent of how the judges saw it (how the bodybuilders would look if you sat on the front row which what matters).

Then all of a sudden Hulkster is calling me a moron and accusing me of downplaying how he looked ::)
Point is Hulkster, Ronnie did not look like that in real life disregarding how good he was. Hell he should be better face to face

Let's just put it this way, if someone spent 3/4s of their life arguing why Ronnie is superior than anyone else (whether it'd be Flex, Levrone or Dorian) the very sighting of a poster disagreeing with their past proverbial opinions on the subject would instantly induce meltdown.

It's pathetic

::)

please. the whole purpose of this thread was to discredit the screencaps showing how awesome some of the competitors in 99 looked.

including Ronnie. who was the winner of the whole contest.

why else does this thread exist? ::)

because in case you didn't notice as I have shown you all screencaps from all contests look different than all magazine photos.

always have been.

always will be.

time to move on.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
I believe that the responses by Hulkster to this thread are a good example of what you fellas commonly refer to as 'meltdown'.

I love how any time someone corrects one of these idiots that the response is termed a 'meltdown' and dismissed rather than be called what it truly is:

a complete refutation of the points made in the post of the person in question..

Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
ron was better in 98
Team Yates

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 09:50:53 PM »
Again you take this shit way to seriously you get all upset and angry start attacking people who don't agree I'm nothing like that and still sticking to argument ad populum huh? 80% of GetBig lol more weak logic

and again there have been so many different versions of the 99 contest which is the ' real ' ones? and Hulkster did knowingly use photoshopped pics that Bizzy tampered with ( countdown to he ' explains ' himself lol ) so again the claim 99 pics are photoshopped isn't wrong

You're comparing a VHS pic, Youtube pic and a DVD pic. I have both the VHS and DVD pics which is legit. As for the Youtube pic, why would anyone use a blurry , washed out pic to prove a point? LOL. What ever bizzy did to those few pics (that were removed) shouldn't make a difference because ever since forcedreps posted the VHS & DVD screencaps almost 2 years ago, the yates fan club cried "fake" pics like little bytches from day one. As for bizzy's few pics that were removed, I never used them anyway.

Ad populum? Opinions is all that we have in this. So using your logic then this whole sport wouldn't be a sport if there weren't any "numbers" involved (judging, scorecards, etc.). There goes your weak logic out the window again.

I correct people who post bs when they don't know what the hell they are talking about. You're acting like I'm the only one on getbig that does this, LOL. That's pretty much what almost everyone on getbig does, including yourself.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 10:04:47 PM »
actually, screencaps always look different in a photographers photo no matter what contest you moron.

the screencaps themselves are much better than any photographers picture (with blinding camera flash).

eg. 93 olympia screecap vs magazine photo. look totally different.  both are 'real life' and neither is faked.

this is old news and true of each and every contest..

Screencaps look different because they are taken from video which has lower contrast than film. They are then over sharpened giving a false impression of how the athlete really looked.
Most photographers at shows don't use flash.
Scanning any photograph results in an unsharp image. Here's the same shot, over sharpened.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 03:46:50 AM »
Screencaps look different because they are taken from video which has lower contrast than film. They are then over sharpened giving a false impression of how the athlete really looked.
Most photographers at shows don't use flash.
Scanning any photograph results in an unsharp image. Here's the same shot, over sharpened.

watch this video clip.

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/Coleman/video/x3w9ak_ronnie-coleman-1999-mr-olympia-part_sport

it does NOT give a 'false representation' of how any of the athletes looked.

all the detail, vascularity ect that they show is real and as it existed.

except Flex who was full of oil 8).

Flower Boy Ran Away

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »
watch this video clip.

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/Coleman/video/x3w9ak_ronnie-coleman-1999-mr-olympia-part_sport

it does NOT give a 'false representation' of how any of the athletes looked.

all the detail, vascularity ect that they show is real and as it existed.

except Flex who was full of oil 8).

I was there and there's no denying Ronnie looked incredible. But a lot of screen caps from that show - in particular the most muscular - have been over sharpened and that gives a false impression of how Ronnie looked.
Best I ever saw Ronnie was the night before the 2002 Mr Olympia. Huge and shredded.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
I was there and there's no denying Ronnie looked incredible. But a lot of screen caps from that show - in particular the most muscular - have been over sharpened and that gives a false impression of how Ronnie looked.
Best I ever saw Ronnie was the night before the 2002 Mr Olympia. Huge and shredded.

I would really shut up if I were Hulkster after this. He just got corrected and dismissed about the validity of the 1999 Olympia pics of Ronnie he likes to post so much by a professional bodybuilding photographer. You can't get an ownage better than this. This also means that Hulkster has lost that truce thread, since his entire argument revolves around those pics and they have been discredited. ;) 8)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »
  I would really shut up if I were Hulkster after this. He just got corrected and dismissed about the validity of the 1999 Olympia pics of Ronnie he likes to post so much by a professional bodybuilding photographer. You can't get an ownage better than this. This also means that Hulkster has lost that truce thread, since his entire argument revolves around those pics and they have been discredited. ;) 8)

I wouldn't go that far  ;D
I'd add to the debate that neither Ronnie or Dorian presented their best physiques on stage. For me Ronnie looked his best the night before the 2002 Olympia and Dorian looked his best a couple of weeks before the 1995 Olympia.