Author Topic: Stella, support your claims  (Read 5136 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Stella, support your claims
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
Yes OK.  But what about things like arms/legs/fingers/"holes" etc.

All biowaste could be converted to a harmless/odourless gas and expelled through the pores of our skin.

Ligaments and tendons could be solidfied; those shoulder injuries would be a thing of the past.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 08:12:11 AM »
Stella, you are a sweet person and all, but in this discussion you are getting owned beyond belief ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »
Stella, you are a sweet person and all, but in this discussion you are getting owned beyond belief ;D

Stella's kindness is one reason I have to restrain myself; it's almost a shame but I did swear an oath.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »
/odourless gas and expelled through the pores of our skin.

Thank goodness for that ;D

Ligaments and tendons could be solidfied; those shoulder injuries would be a thing of the past.
So they could be solidified at will? 

I don't see it that way :)     Have you stopped w/the poop pics yet >:(  I miss the thread :'(

Stella's kindness is one reason I have to restrain myself; it's almost a shame but I did swear an oath.
I appreciate the way you have been discussing things :) 
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »
Thank goodness for that ;D

So they could be solidified at will? 

I don't see it that way :)     Have you stopped w/the poop pics yet >:(  I miss the thread :'(

I appreciate the way you have been discussing things :) 

Not at will; you asked me the question how they could be better designed and I answered it. You are the one that believes in magic powers, not I.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 08:27:51 AM »

GEEE... If only there were something called "Google" or "Yahoo" where you could type "evolution evidence" and have information come to your computer. HMMMMM maybe if we pray hard enough.....

I have posted TONS of threads with various links to evidence, but you and the other science-haters conveniently ignore them, because you're afraid they might shake your belief in invisible friends. So I gave up.

I was talking about your threads.

Do you have a thread where there is proof macroevolution been observed?  That is the one I am most interested in viewing.

R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 08:32:29 AM »
I was talking about your threads.

Do you have a thread where there is proof macroevolution been observed?  That is the one I am most interested in viewing.

There is no such thing as macroevolution or microevolution. Only creationists speak in such a way. It is ALL evolution.

Do have evidence that Adam and Eve were real individuals? Or that a Global Flood took place? Or that the alleged Jesus of Nazareth rose bodily from the dead?
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 08:44:27 AM »
Not at will; you asked me the question how they could be better designed and I answered it. You are the one that believes in magic powers, not I.
If you were the designer you could make it a possibility.

Do have evidence that Adam and Eve were real individuals? Or that a Global Flood took place? Or that the alleged Jesus of Nazareth rose bodily from the dead?
I'm pretty sure none that you would accept since it's mainly through faith and belief in the bible as true.

There is no such thing as macroevolution or microevolution. Only creationists speak in such a way. It is ALL evolution.

So do you believe all living creatures came from one living organism?

What are your thoughts on the "Cambrian Explosion?" 
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »
You say the Bible and the Koran and the Hindi and Buddhist texts are fairy tales, I say it's people telling parables. 

It's so old. & so is every belief.

Also STella is 100pc right on.  & Darwin was thrown out of society for his findings, wasn't till he was dead they realised he might have perhaps been right. 

thankyou
xxxL

believe whatever you can, but don't ever disbelive the truth.

And so is the Adam&Eve creation theory, can't they both be 51pc right?  Big Bang etc?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 08:52:32 AM »
If you were the designer

lololol lmao

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
If God'd created our world based on pure truth, no querying, giving us all the facts, we'd have no need for faith.

Instead we must trust what we feel

thanks STella
xL

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »

From TalkOrigins.org

"Antievolutionists argue against macroevolution so loudly that some people think they invented the term in order to dismiss evolution. But this is not true; scientists not only use the terms, they have an elaborate set of models and ideas about it"

"In evolutionary biology today, macroevolution is used to refer to any evolutionary change at or above the level of species"

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/macroevolution.html

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »
Producing an article about one allegedly plant-eating lion doesn't cut it, esp. when it comes from the "Theosophical Society" ::)

You are the one who said

For instance, lions and other large cats are completely unsuited to plant-eating. Their sharp teeth, digestive systems, etc can't handle anything but meat. A lion with all the plants in the world and no meat would starve.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
We piss and ejaculate out of the same hole; our shithole is located right next to our pleasurehole. We constantly have to eat and drink(Crododilians only need to eat once a month or so); we eat and breathe out of the same hole (ensuring that some percentage of us will choke to death every year; dolphins have separate breathing and eating holes. We could run on photosynthesis, which would be MUCH more efficient. We could be much stronger; we are some of the weakest animals. We are stuck with useless organs (appendix; there you have Stupid Design)...etc, etc, etc....the list goes on...

Deicide, you got these from Neil deGrasse Tyson, didn't you?

Well, here is the thing, why would someone like you who accepts evolution have a problem with these?  Aren't you supposed to believe that as living things evolve they do more with less parts?  So if dolphins have two holes, one to breath and another one to eat, aren't we more advanced since we can do both with a single hole?  Aren't we advanced because we can piss and ejaculate out of a single hole as opposed to having one hole for each?  We accomplish more with less parts.  That's efficient.  That's a good thing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »
FALSE. Anyone who claims that there isn't empirical evidence for common descent is lying, or uneducated. Read a science book some time, Stella. It won't kill you ::)

STella and I have as much faith in the Bible as you have faith in evolutionary change above the level of species, which has never been observed.

You see that portions of human DNA are 95%-98% similar to chimp DNA and you conclude that this is evidence that humans and chimps share a common ancestor.  I see the same thing you see, but I conclude that this is evidence that humans and chimps share, not a common ancestor, but a common designer and creator.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
Because if your deity designed DNA, he was huge fuck up of an engineer. Mutation is random and usually harmful and it's only the good, useful mutations that pass the test and get passed on (with the set of DNA instructions). For every useful/good mutation there are thousands that are harmful/useless or both. Lactose intolerance, sickle cell anaemia, cancer, lack of enamel on your teeth and so on.

You are really asking me why I don't believe in Intelligent Design? Well, basically because I observe stupid/poor design all around me. If this is the work of a god, then that god failed shop class with an F-!
do you know why sickle cell became prominent? Lactose intolerance is also linked to enviromental factors as well so...

every arguement that you make against intelligent design could also be argued for, do you not see that?
i believe in evolution but that doesnt mean that God doesnt exist you never answered my question of how belief in evolution contradicts belief in God?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »
do you know why sickle cell became prominent? Lactose intolerance is also linked to enviromental factors as well so...

every arguement that you make against intelligent design could also be argued for, do you not see that?
i believe in evolution but that doesnt mean that God doesnt exist you never answered my question of how belief in evolution contradicts belief in God?

It doesn't. It contradicts literal interpretation of creation myths, but so do geology, astronomy, etc.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
It doesn't. It contradicts literal interpretation of creation myths, but so do geology, astronomy, etc.
thank you sir for responding but it was directed towards deicide

did you catch that show CD?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »

really my anthropology professors speak in such ways and so do the books in which the assign to us.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
thank you sir for responding but it was directed towards deicide

did you catch that show CD?

Nah.. was out with this big-titted brunette... fingers crossed bro ;)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »
^^^^That's a quote from either Woody Allen or Oscar Wilde.  Maybe George Orwell?

I worked at Cambridge University as a secretary and looked after Darwin's books and his fantastic "flowers from afar" for 9 months, 10-15 years ago... Exec Sec to the Botany Prof, that kinda gig?

fortunately I am able to read faster than I can type so I just read the lot, beginning to end.  In his own handwriting.  I went back every day to look at that library.  I made tea and coffee and hung around till 5 or 6 or 7 pm and discussed theories with professors...   I was just funny and silly and emotional...  Maybe I shoulda made more tea.  but I was enough bending over reaching up and fetching books from the top shelf. 

Turned down a huge salary there.   Salaried lololololl. 

oops modify:  mustn't do that, I again got rude and sexist and extremely salaryriitisstsic.  I wanna salad.  ith some creamy ranch.

please don;t sit on my reading glassses/

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »
Nah.. was out with this big-titted brunette... fingers crossed bro ;)
PICS ;D
LOL i missed it too but i wasnt out with a big tittied chick  :'( lol but i did record some of it

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 05:26:58 PM »
thank you sir for responding but it was directed towards

jesus murphy oreilly:  mustapha:  DID I FORGET SOMEONE:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »
jesus murphy oreilly:  mustapha:  DID I FORGET SOMEONE:
im sorry linda im not quite sure i understand can you clarify?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
Deicide, you got these from Neil deGrasse Tyson, didn't you?

Well, here is the thing, why would someone like you who accepts evolution have a problem with these?  Aren't you supposed to believe that as living things evolve they do more with less parts?  So if dolphins have two holes, one to breath and another one to eat, aren't we more advanced since we can do both with a single hole?  Aren't we advanced because we can piss and ejaculate out of a single hole as opposed to having one hole for each?  We accomplish more with less parts.  That's efficient.  That's a good thing.

No, I didn't get them from deGrasse Tyson.  ::) These are common facts about animals, fundy nutcase.

All of these things could be better designed. Your storm/fertility god yahweh is perfect, isn't he?
I hate the State.