Author Topic: Charlie Crist about to get engaged  (Read 1609 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Charlie Crist about to get engaged
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »
He also just "came out".......... to support offshore drilling.

He's very popular in FL, he's a team player...

But...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Charlie Crist about to get engaged
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »
who's the beard er.. I mean bride?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »
LOL  :-[

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 07:22:37 AM »
Gov. Crist gets engaged

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is engaged to a woman he met last September during a trip to New York, according to a published report Thursday evening.

Crist, 51, asked Carole Rome, 38, his girlfriend of nine months, to marry him on Thursday at his St. Petersburg apartment, the St. Petersburg Times reported on its Web site. Crist says she said yes without hesitation.

"She's special in every way. She's brilliant, beautiful and sweet. I'm very, very lucky,'' Crist told the Times on its politics blog, The Buzz.

Crist told the Times he picked out the sapphire and diamond ring on Wednesday at the Gold and Diamond Center in St. Petersburg's Northeast Shopping Center.

Crist says the couple may plan a fall wedding, most likely a small ceremony in St. Petersburg followed by a larger reception at the governor's mansion. Crist said he hopes he and Rome can have a child.

"I'm very, very happy," the governor told the Times. "I love her."

Crist's relationship with Rome became national news when he brought the businesswoman to a gathering with Republican John McCain on Memorial Day weekend. Crist's name comes up often as a potential vice presidential candidate for McCain.

Rome is a 1992 honors graduate of Georgetown University who became president of her family's 100-year-old Franco American Novelty Co., a Halloween costume business, in 2000. She has two daughters, ages 9 and 11, from a previous marriage to Todd Rome, CEO of Blue Star Jets. She stopped managing hr company's daily business when she moved to Fisher Island near Miami in 2006. In court records, Todd Rome estimated that his ex-wife's income has been as high as $1.48-million a year. Crist earns about $140,000 a year as governor.

Crist said they met at a dinner where he and friends were discussing fundraising.

Asked what made him fall in love, Crist said, ``Her beautiful smile, her sweetness, her brilliance -- all of it.''

The couple has been seen together frequently, from a Jimmy Buffett concert in Tampa last November to sporting events and on the campaign trail with McCain. At a Republican Party of Florida dinner last month, Crist told a crowd of 700 donors that he is lucky to have Rome in his life.

The Times said Rome will join Crist on a 12-day trip through London, Paris, Normandy and St. Petersburg, Russia, that leaves July 11.

Crist would be the first Florida governor to get married in office since Claude Kirk in 1967.

Crist was briefly married while in college, but was divorced in less than a year. That experience contributed to the long wait between commitments.

``It made me be very selective, candidly. Those things tend to make you gun-shy a little bit, but I'm so blessed to have found such a wonderful woman,'' Crist said. ``It sure is great to find the right one.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-73cristengaged,0,962617.story

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 07:40:24 AM »
He got divorced 30 years ago.

I don't think it's a big deal if he chooses to have an alternative lifestyle.  I have a feeling the 527 groups would have a field day with it though.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 07:46:09 AM »
 :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »
nope.  he'll still pick the guy with $200 million to donate to the campaign, romney.

if you think the religious right ain't crazy about a mormon, how do you think they'll feel about Crist? LOL...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »
florida isn't the key in 08 that it was in 2008.

I think mccain will win FL, but the new key swing states will be VA, NC, GA, NM, etc.  Obama seems too shrewd to let diebold or some court steal a close one.  If he wins in a few new places, the corruption will not be able to overcome it.  What's that old message?  They can cheat up 1%, but can't cheat up 5%.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 11:29:44 AM »
I know nothing about the man.  On what basis do people categorically say that he is a homosexual?  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 11:37:49 AM »
He's not married and somebody heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of some guy who knows them, and they said..that they saw him with some guy who said he likes cock, maybe.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
lol.  That's pretty much all I've read on the board. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »
I honestly don't care if he is anyway.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
nor do i care that John McCain's current "right hand man" Lindsey Graham is the biggest queer on capital hill....next to Barney Frank.

what makes Lindsey a huge POS is he opposes all legislation relating to gays and rights, while simultaneously sucking sausage on the side.

NT

I think the Repugs like the closet cases because they can be counted on to tow the party line in exchange for everyone keeping their secret.    This seems rampant amoung Repugs.   I'm sure Jeff Gannon wasn't visiting any Dems in the White House

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
i have a gay friend who lives in florida. he's crossed paths with crist at certain "all male clubs" over the past 20 years.  :-*

Sounds just like what HH said:

He's not married and somebody heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of some guy who knows them, and they said..that they saw him with some guy who said he likes cock, maybe.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »

not even close pal. my gay friend knows who he saw (on multipule occasions) besides, it's old news to floridians.

charlie crist is gay. (and republican)  ;)

NT

I have no idea if the man is a homosexual, but all I've read is exactly what HH said, which is pretty much what you said:  a friend of a friend, etc.

But I have to say I'm usually the last one to find this stuff out.  I just read that CNN's Anderson Cooper is homosexual.   :o  Never knew. . . .   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »
doesn't matter if he is.  his policies and positions are what should matter.  I've heard about it since back when jeb ran things.  didn't matter to me then, and doesn't matter now.   What can he do to help the economy when he can't help FL's economy right now... that's what I want to know.  25% of SW FL's construction workforce is laid off.  Tourism is thru the floor.  Crist hasn't done anything in his time in office to change our educational system... we're still dependent on tourism to eat, that's foolish.  Still dependent on growth (construction) for people to eat?  That's nonsense, as infinite growth is unsustainable.  We've known for 15 years that the labor base needed an educational shot in the pants, and NO ONE has borught it.  Crist kept the Bush plan in place, which took $ from schools and let the lottery pay for it.

So yes, don't crap on Crist because he's gay.  That's irrelevant.  His inability to change the educational system or stop localized recession is what you should look at.  He's NOT an economic guru, (like romney is), and he doesn't have $200M, (like romney has), so he ain't getting the job.

McCain is just flirting with him to get the RNC to turn over valuable $ to his campaign.  RNC has triple the cash the DNC does, and Mccain needs to raid the cookie jar (at the expense of senate and congressional seat races) just to keep up with Obama.