Author Topic: Mike Tyson at his peak Vs Ali at his  (Read 28953 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Mike Tyson at his peak Vs Ali at his
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2008, 02:46:46 PM »
we could argue all day about which fighters might be better than others but holyfield fought anyone and everyone during his era the overall list of opponets is stronger than ali.off the top of my head,Michael dokes,busterdouglas,georgeforman,johnruiz,larryholmes,riddickbowe,michaelmoorer,raymercer,miketyson,           lennoxlewis.thats just the ones i can think of sure theres more.

I've seen all of those guys fight and none of them were great IMO (at least when they fought Holyfield).  Douglas was a one hit wonder.  Foreman was old and fat when he fought Holyfield.  So was Holmes.  Riddick Bowe had skills, but was never a great fighter.  Michael Moorer was never really a true heavyweight IMO. 

But you're right about arguing about this all day.  Different people have different perceptions. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2008, 07:19:27 AM »
I've watched a bunch of Ali fights. 

Which of Holyfield's opponents do you put in the class of Foreman, Frazier, Norton, and Shavers? 
Well done Beach Bum.  When I was a kid, Ernie Shavers was my favorite fighter b/c he had such heavy hands.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
Well done Beach Bum.  When I was a kid, Ernie Shavers was my favorite fighter b/c he had such heavy hands.

Ernie Shavers was scary.  Do you guys think Tyson could have knocked out Randell Tex Cobb.  He could take a punch bigtime.  I met him a few times in the club I worked at and he really does have the biggest head of any human I have seen except for Andre the Giant.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »
Ernie Shavers was scary.  Do you guys think Tyson could have knocked out Randell Tex Cobb.  He could take a punch bigtime.  I met him a few times in the club I worked at and he really does have the biggest head of any human I have seen except for Andre the Giant.

Don't forget Scott Ledoux (the "Fighting Frenchman") AKA "the Human Punching Bag

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=11928&more=1

"The Fighting Frenchman: Scott LeDoux
02.08.07 - By Ted Sares: Scott LeDoux was a road warrior out of Minnesota who fought the very best during the golden age of heavyweights in the 70s. Big boppers like Frazier, Ali, Quarry, Norton, Foreman, Shavers, Chuvalo, Terrell, Mike Weaver, Jeff Merritt, Mac Foster, Joe Bugner, Leroy Jones, Jimmy Young, and Jimmy Ellis, among many others, roamed the landscape..."

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »
YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT?

Ali would have won the fight at the press conference.

footloose and fancy free