Author Topic: Bodybuilding and insecurities  (Read 5020 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Bodybuilding and insecurities
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »
I agree somewhat....you don't strike me as being insecure at all. You seem totally balanced, and have good perspective in regards to missing a single meal, or the amounts of supplements you use. However, most are not like you.

What I'm asking is this : does the IFBB (and the industry) target that insecure male willing to do ANYTHING they can to get big, and why does the IFBB reward guys who kill themselves on stage? Chick, for a guy like King there has got to me some reason thet literally kill themselves for nothing. Are they searching for that justification of " you the MAN' from their peers, and the judges?

In other sports, their is millions of dollars and world wide fame at stake, I don't see that currently in bb.

The IFBB doesn't "target" anyone...the BBers target the IFBB as it's the best/ most prstigious BB federation in the world. The judges reward what is the culminative score/ opinion of who is deemed the best on that day...most of the time, it pretty accurate, sometimes it's a mystery. For most BBers, it's not the money, etc....it's winning thats important...thus, the numbers of BBers in the amateurs looking to turn pro. They're not being deceived, or duped..they know perfectly well the payoff (if any)...

No one in the history of BB, got into BB for the money...EVER.

Being a very personal sport, as individualized as it gets....it's most often a very personal achievement and goal thats the real contest.

body88

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 10:53:48 PM »
The IFBB doesn't "target" anyone...the BBers target the IFBB as it's the best/ most prstigious BB federation in the world. The judges reward what is the culminative score/ opinion of who is deemed the best on that day...most of the time, it pretty accurate, sometimes it's a mystery. For most BBers, it's not the money, etc....it's winning thats important...thus, the numbers of BBers in the amateurs looking to turn pro. They're not being deceived, or duped..they know perfectly well the payoff (if any)...

No one in the history of BB, got into BB for the money...EVER.

Being a very personal sport, as individualized as it gets....it's most often a very personal achievement and goal thats the real contest.

Understandable, but why does the IFBB allow such drug enduced circus level size, and ignore the unhealthy nature of all it's athletes? Surly the IFBB knows that nothing any of it's pros do is attainable without drugs.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 10:56:02 PM »
Hey I guess you cant hate on the pros, because they are doing what they want to do.  Its their own personal choice to make it their goal to become a pro bodybuilder.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2008, 10:56:58 PM »
Understandable, but why does the IFBB allow such drug enduced circus level size, and ignore the unhealthy nature of all it's athletes? Surly the IFBB knows that nothing any of it's pros do is attainable without drugs.

I'll take a stab at this...Because if the IFBB didn't have the biggest guys that have ever walked the planet, then your local gym will have them...And when you could see guys that look like Jay Cutler or Ronnie Coleman in the guy with there massive bellies and all why would they show up to an IFBB show to see smaller dudes

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »

Because thats what the public wants to see...

That said,you can only judge on whats standing in front of you...in the absense of the ideal physique, there are consessions made. I've seen plenty of shows where the winner was simply the "best of the bunch" in a given line-up...(mostly in the amateurs).

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 10:58:05 PM »
b]...it's winning thats important...[/b]
you think so?  in all honesty i think if i ever got to a top level i wouldnt care about what the judges placed me...id only care about achieving my personal ideal...    because as far as "winning" goes; that is very subjective, and also political.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
Chick..Does it bother you what some of these guys are doing to them selves just to please the public?
Huge amounts of drugs , not just hormones all to please a public that wants to see freaks..
What about these guys health?
Somthing needs to be done at the top to stop the mess bodybuilding has become..

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »
you think so?  in all honesty i think if i ever got to a top level i wouldnt care about what the judges placed me...id only care about achieving my personal ideal...    because as far as "winning" goes; that is very subjective, and also political.

If someone had that mindset at the pro level...they wouldn't be competing in the first place.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »
Chick..Does it bother you what some of these guys are doing to them selves just to please the public?
Huge amounts of drugs , not just hormones all to please a public that wants to see freaks..
What about these guys health?
Somthing needs to be done at the top to stop the mess bodybuilding has become..

No...to each his own.

That "something" you talk about is rweal simple.....reward the physiques that deserve to be winning, or placing higher....and the ugly physiques will disappear

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
If someone had that mindset at the pro level...they wouldn't be competing in the first place.

i think alot of guys are like that...dexter jackson, mark dugdale, troy alves, darremm charles would all be good examples of guys who dont give up their own ideal for the sake of placings.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 11:07:47 PM »
i think alot of guys are like that...dexter jackson, mark dugdale, troy alves, darremm charles would all be good examples of guys who dont give up their own ideal for the sake of placings.

Thats not what you said...we werent talking about what "ideal" those athletes have.

Every one of those guys mentioned have had to make changes in order  to win...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »

That "something" you talk about is rweal simple.....reward the physiques that deserve to be winning, or placing higher....and the ugly physiques will disappear
Agree,but who will make this change?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 11:11:12 PM »
Thats not what you said...we werent talking about what "ideal" those athletes have.

Every one of those guys mentioned have had to make changes in order  to win...
do you think they made changes they didnt want to personally make ? i think they all progressed further towards their vision of ideal and in doing so they moved ahead in placings.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 11:14:10 PM »
do you think they made changes they didnt want to personally make ? i think they all progressed further towards their vision of ideal and in doing so they moved ahead in placings.

well i doubt they all want to stick needles in their asses, walk around looking like freaks having people stare at them when they go to grocery store like they are from another planet etc. so yea id say they've made some sacrifices to win/make a living.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 11:17:47 PM »
well i doubt they all want to stick needles in their asses, walk around looking like freaks having people stare at them when they go to grocery store like they are from another planet etc. so yea id say they've made some sacrifices to win/make a living.

I think most of these guys thrive on that..they are all attention whores that have the look at me syndrome.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 02:36:48 AM »

Just because these guys don't look like that other massive beasts doesn't mean they aren't trying to...Remember that Dugdale went and trained with Dorian...He would be the last guy I would want to go near if i didn't want a massive belly...Dugdale arms are also borderline pathetic...Yet Dorian was his choice...And he came in worse shape then at the national level...The only growing on Dexter has been his belly...Which means he is trying to be one of those massive guys...Or else he would have just done what Shawn Ray did and keep the same bodyweight...Alves and Charles are just toast...They took it as far as they could...Both of these guys are lightweights in heavy weight bodies...

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 03:44:56 AM »

Same can be said about other sports. Steroids are widely used in olympic sports, but you can't catch them.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 05:16:49 AM »
Typically - obsessive compulsive, and or insecure personalities gravitate towards extreme bodybuilding. Marcus Ruhl type size.... Many of the top pro's you see - ( not all ),  risk their health and well being doing extreme things to fulfill a major insecurity regarding their manhood.

A lot of the time, insecure males have a twisted idea of what a real man should be. Overly gigantic and muscular like they see in the comics as a child.....My question is this : are they doing this for the love of weight training, or are they merely trying to receive justification of their manhood from their peers? What drives current bb's to go to the edge of sanity these days? Is it about having a great physique, or waddling out the hugest freakest physique they can attain, and if so why does the IFBB keep encouraging it? Chick, why does the IFBB reward unhealthy circus acts?

does this go for little closet homosexual high schoolers, such as yourself, who log onto getbig to stroke their cock to sweaty, spread ass shots of these bodybuilders you mentioned??

often at times the homo high schooler has a distorted view of who should take their manhood and gravitate toward 'larger' muscular types to fulfill their gay wants and needs

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 06:05:50 AM »
I've found there to be 2 main types of bodybuilder:

1)  The bodybuilder that loves bodybuilding.

2)  The bodybuilder that fears more what he would be without it.  

well said

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 06:43:02 AM »
I personally think that a lot of these people, really have nothing going for them. So, here they are, working out, perhaps get good results, get noticed, like the attention....and it just takes off from there. If you're a hoodlum, and have no reservations about doing not illegals thing, but damage to your body, comp. bbing is perfect for you.

Some people just don't have their priorities straight. It's one thing to break the law, but to take your health/future for granted..... ??? Then you add the other dirty shit this industry is full of.....and all usually done for a plastic trophy and maybe some little write up in some schmoe magazine.

You paint such a pretty picture.  :-\

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 07:22:21 AM »
I used to believe the same as Chick. Not anymore.

I now relaize that EVERYONE in EVERY PROFESSION/HOBBY/SPORT who is amazingly disciplined and committed to being "the best" is doing so to overcome some type of emotional challenge. Addictions are a way to regulate your emotions and make you feel better. Hard work is just an acceptable form addiction in today's scociety. It's even praised.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 07:24:55 AM »
You know, you could consider any rock star or celebrity as having that "disorder" that your shrink diagnosed you with...in fact I think everyone maintains their own reality according to which ever one allows them to indulge their passions the most free of guilt or shame.  Some people just have more pronounced passions than others.  You are no doubt certainly one of them though, IMO that is.  

I agree with your point, McFarland. Bodybuilding is no different than other passions. A bodybuilder is an extreme example (of maybe not) of Michael Jackson, pick a rock star, or actors Heath Ledger and Owen Wilson striving to be successful.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 07:37:46 AM »
Have to give props to Mike Matarazzo for being totally honest in the new Muscle Mag International. He says he's absolutely sure that steroids caused his heart attack and arterie blockages. Usually all the pros who have kidney failure or heart problems will always claim it's from a "Genetic" disorder.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 07:37:53 AM »
The judges reward what is the culminative score/ opinion of who is deemed the best on that day...     sometimes it's a mystery.

For example, Rusty Jeffers not winning the Master's Pro as he should have?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 07:52:46 AM »

For example, Rusty Jeffers not winning the Master's Pro as he should have?  ;D

close...more like why he wasn't 4-5th.