Author Topic: Iran test-fires 9 missiles in Persian Gulf  (Read 5616 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Iran test-fires 9 missiles in Persian Gulf
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »
OzmO, you are dead on correct in this thread.

Thanks RPF,  one thing i do worry about, slightly, is Iran testing how far they can go if Obama gets elected.  But, for them to do that it would be a very calculated gamble becuase even if we don't directly get involved, Israel will lay waste to them.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »
Thanks RPF,  one thing i do worry about, slightly, is Iran testing how far they can go if Obama gets elected.  But, for them to do that it would be a very calculated gamble becuase even if we don't directly get involved, Israel will lay waste to them.

Hahaha, when does Iran go "too far" exactly? You seem to have no problem with them killing Americans whenever they see fit. Nor do you seem to care about them trying to destabilize the entire ME. Nor do you care about them financing multiple terrorist groups. So if that doesn't do go too far for you, what does? A dirty bomb from Hezbollah?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »
Hahaha, when does Iran go "too far" exactly? You seem to have no problem with them killing Americans whenever they see fit. Nor do you seem to care about them trying to destabilize the entire ME. Nor do you care about them financing multiple terrorist groups. So if that doesn't do go too far for you, what does? A dirty bomb from Hezbollah?

Does your major source of exercise comes from jumping to conclusions or incorrectly assuming people's views?

Are you building any muscle mass or is your head just getting thicker?

Or do you have problems reading?

Or is that just your debating MO?  Sticking words in people mouths.

Seriously i wanna know.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »
Does your major source of exercise comes from jumping to conclusions or incorrectly assuming people's views?

Are you building any muscle mass or is your head just getting thicker?

Or do you have problems reading?

Or is that just your debating MO?  Sticking words in people mouths.

Seriously i wanna know.

Just doing what this board does best.

Thanks for answering my question, though. If none of those actions go too far, then what does? When Hezbollah sets off a dirty bomb in a major metropolitan area? When Iran directly finances another couple thousand American deaths? What goes too far in your book?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »

Thanks for answering my question, though. If none of those actions go too far, then what does? When Hezbollah sets off a dirty bomb in a major metropolitan area? When Iran directly finances another couple thousand American deaths? What goes too far in your book?

The US government has funded, supported and abetted military coups, genocide, dictatorships, torture and a host of other things; I would say we are about even; the only difference is that the US government pretends to have the moral high ground.
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 08:16:55 PM »

Do you speak English?   Is it your first language?

I didn't answer your questions becuase they were presumptively stupid.

Seriously.

But since you can't use you head without jumping to conclusions or read comprehensively I will answer each question.

Just for you.   :)

when does Iran go "too far" exactly?

Any direct attacks on US or it's allies or shipping etc... is too far.

You seem to have no problem with them killing Americans whenever they see fit. Nor do you seem to care about them trying to destabilize the entire ME. Nor do you care about them financing multiple terrorist groups.

Not true.  More of your inability to deal with a reasonable thought process outside, "full out attack" and docile drunkenness.  I'm beginning to think you can't even have a normal conversation.......but i don't want to jump to conclusions  :-* ;D

So if that doesn't do go too far for you, what does? A dirty bomb from Hezbollah?

A dirty bomb from hez?  Hez attacking anything US is too far, right now for them.  And them attacking anything US at any time is too far for me.  Fvcking Reagan, never did a dam thing it seemed.

But i though this was about Iran......oh yeah, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions..... ::)

When Iran directly finances another couple thousand American deaths?

Frankly, it looks they are losing the war so to speak in Iraq.  So it's kind of a non issue.  Haad we been able to prove they are supplying Iraqis then i say we should retaliate.  But again, you'd have to scroll up and read my view on that.  and it's a 50/50 chance you'll be able to understand what i said.

Don't mean to be an asshole here.  But you are really acting kind of stupid it "seems". 

Also,

know this.

The world will change as we know it if a dirty bomb is set off or any kind of nuke by a terrorist.

It will be comparable to marshall law and genocide for the ME.  the powers at be there know that. It will be the end of  all those governments.

It cracks me up when talking with people that act as you have in this thread.  They have no concept of thinking down the road or seeing the BIG picture.   They can only see what's in front of them.  People like that are so easily manipulated.

I'd crush them all the time at hold 'em without even thinking.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »
Ozmo, would you agree with Noam Chomsky that at least externally the US government operates like a terrorist organisation?
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
The US government has funded, supported and abetted military coups, genocide, dictatorships, torture and a host of other things; I would say we are about even; the only difference is that the US government pretends to have the moral high ground.

Reading what many say here on this forum.  Many here don't have a moral high ground.   :) :) :) :)

Kill or be killed!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 08:24:16 PM »
Ozmo, would you agree with Noam Chomsky that at least externally the US government operates like a terrorist organisation?

I haven't read any Noam Chomsky in along time.  I read a few of his smaller books in the early 90's and he predicted that the US would start using it's own troops to meet their foreign policy objectives in the future.   Boy, was he right about that.

I'd like to see how he makes that case, becuase i don't think so.   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »
Reading what many say here on this forum.  Many here don't have a moral high ground.   :) :) :) :)

Kill or be killed!

I guess...nuke the sand blacks.... ::)
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »
I haven't read any Noam Chomsky in along time.  I read a few of his smaller books in the early 90's and he predicted that the US would start using it's own troops to meet their foreign policy objectives in the future.   Boy, was he right about that.

I'd like to see how he makes that case, becuase i don't think so.   

CIA interventions going back to the 1950's....and all the consequences that has had for other peoples of the world.
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 06:01:16 AM »
The government has shown us. Iraq went to Tehran to confront them about their meddling in Iraq. They are the biggest financiers behind Hezbollah, who up until 9/11 had killed more Americans than any other terrorist organization.

Please support this statement with some facts. my understanding is that Hezbollah's main focus is Lebanon and it's relationship with Israel.

w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 06:18:11 AM »
You don't think the US and Israel know with almost 100% certainty where all of Iran's nuclear facilities are. I would be willing to bet that they know. They've probably known for years.

They probably have as much knowledge as Rumsfeld did about Iraqi WMD.
He knew exactly where they were... Tikrit... and the regions north... south, ...east, ...and west of there.  ::)

Why won't it be stopped? When did Iran become this super power you're making them out to be? If it couldn't be stopped the rest of the ME would already have nukes. Egypt's been more powerful than Iran for a long time and they don't have nukes. Same with Saudi Arabia. What exactly makes Iran so special according to you? Their crappy military? The fact they can train terrorists to plant IEDs?

Stick enough sanctions on them, blow up their facilities and make it hard enough on life that the current government loses power and I bet they would stop. Their economy has been in the crapper for a few years now and most of Ahmadinejad's party members lost their seats in local elections. The Iranian populace isn't too happy with them right now. Record inflation levels, gas being controlled, etc.

Wasn't that the tactic taken against Iraq? Didn't seem to be as effective as they anticipated. huh?

Iraq was the superpower of the middle east thanks to all the assistance provided to it by the neocons during their last stint in the Whitehouse. Despite that, ...they barely held their own against Iran during the Iran/Iraq war.  And despite having their country & economy destroyed by years of war, followed by bombardment with depleted uranium armaments, and a decade of crippling worldwide sanctions, ...it still didn't topple the leader. During the 2 decades Iran has rebuilt it's forces to twice the strength it was back then. There is no way a war with Iran will be a cake walk. You're kidding yourself if you think a war on a third front is going to go any more successfully than it has on the previous two fronts.

I don't believe Iran is in any way a threat to the Middle East or to America, not at this point in time by any actions I've seen them take. What I do believe is that Iran could pose a threat to Israeli's military supremacy in the middle east if their nuclear program were to be weaponized. Being a threat to someone's supremacy or economic status as a leader, does not equate to being a threat to the nation itself. By those standards, the USA would be declared a threat to the entire planet, ...if they haven't already been declared so. The threat isn't determined by capability, but by action, ...and thus far, it has been a whole different set of players who have demonstrated their willingness to wage aggressive pre-emptive wars against their neighbours near & far.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:58 AM »
UM note to Jag, Iraq is about done..u libs won't have that horse to beat anymore. Afghanistan....yeah if the Paki's could defend their own borders that would be over as well. What u know about Iranian military capabilities would fill a thimble. Once again we're the bad guy right. Do we really need to cut and paste anll the attacks and terror Iran has supported. How they have set up shop in Southern Iraq, are training AQI and the Mahdi army...oh what the internet told u different...get a grip Lib, u have no idea whats going on...none.

We aren't going to war with with Iran...that would entail ground troops and we aren't going into Iran on the ground. If we did attack them we'd crater their nuke plants and destroy their entire military infrastructure. If it moves it would die.....we aren't the 60,000 man Canadian army.
L