Author Topic: Great interview with Mike Matarrazzo in Musclemag  (Read 3811 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Great interview with Mike Matarrazzo in Musclemag
« on: July 10, 2008, 08:41:12 AM »
There was a great interview with Mike this month.  It's sad to hear what he's gone through but glad he'e healthy.
He blames steroids for his problems but what validity is there to it?  He claims to have eaten 5 pounds of beef a day.  That in itself can cause issues.  No matter how lean when you calculate the saturated fats out of 5 pounds of beef compounded over years and years of comsumption it can add up.

It's refreshing to have a former bb admit that he took steroids. I still find it comical when people argue that some pros are clean.  It seems to take a bad turn in life for someone to admit what they took.

I always liked Mike as a bb.  He was entertaining and in my opinion got shafted a few times from the judges.  great read for anyone that hasn't see this article.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Great interview with Mike Matarrazzo in Musclemag
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »
steroids ARE what fucked with mike matarazzo's health. not beef.  beef is healthy, regardless of what you might fhear from "pop culture" nutritionist wanna-be's.  simple sugars and plain ole overeating are what contribute to tryglycerides/ poor cholestrol/heart problems.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
Dude the guy ate five lbs of red meat a day. I dont care what steroids he took. FIVE POUNDS OF RED MEAT A DAY! will do damage to anyones cardiovascular system.

I used to workout at the same gym as Mike in Modesto, and id see him around from time to time, and he was a pleasantly nice guy, sad to hear all the troubles he's been through.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »
Dude the guy ate five lbs of red meat a day. I dont care what steroids he took. FIVE POUNDS OF RED MEAT A DAY! will do damage to anyones cardiovascular system.

I used to workout at the same gym as Mike in Modesto, and id see him around from time to time, and he was a pleasantly nice guy, sad to hear all the troubles he's been through.
i disagree. i see no reason to attribute anybodies heart issues to meat of any kind. i would more readily blame simple over eating and high glycemic carbohydrates for poor tryglicerides than i would attribute that to red meat.

i eat close to that on some days and im doing just fine  :D

you honestly think it was his DIET, not the steroids? flex have you ever check out any studies that look at how aas and especially aromatase inhibitors impact serum cholestrol?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
Honestly, no i havent looked at any studies.

But ill tell you this. Eating FIVE POUNDS of red meat EVERYDAY is not healthy. And I KNOW for a fact it wasnt free range beef he was eating there candi :)

I honestly think you overestimate the amount of steroids this guy was taking, even the largest amounts, he was only taking for a portion of the year. But eating red meat EVERYDAY and five pounds of it, had more to do with his heart problems than being on the sauce. Thats just my opinion :)

The relationship between dietary fats and CVD, especially coronary heart disease, has been extensively investigated, with strong and consistent associations emerging from a wide body of evidence accrued from animal experiments, as well as observational studies, clinical trials and metabolic studies conducted in diverse human populations...Saturated fatty acids raise total and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol...The most effective replacement for saturated fatty acids in terms of coronary heart disease outcome are polyunsaturated fatty acids, especially linoleic acid. Saturated fats raise the blood cholesterol level. This finding is supported by the results of several large randomized clinical trials, in which replacement of saturated and trans fatty acids by polyunsaturated vegetable oils lowered coronary heart disease risk.

– World Health Organization, Population nutrient intake goals for preventing diet-related chronic diseases,5.4.4

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »
i think the effect on cholestrol is because saturated fat influences hormones..which it wouldnt do in a steroid user...    just a theory i just now thought of..

flexington doseage of steroids are directly proportianate to lean body masss !!! (but different for every person depending on individual response to hormonesand lena body mass before starting hormones)   you look at a guy like ruhul, you are not GUESSING when you say "that guy uses tons of steroids"..its just realit.. you need a hell of alot of androgens in order to support that kind of muscle mass!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »
i think the effect on cholestrol is because saturated fat influences hormones..which it wouldnt do in a steroid user...    just a theory i just now thought of..

flexington doseage of steroids are directly proportianate to lean body masss !!! (but different for every person depending on individual response to hormonesand lena body mass before starting hormones)   you look at a guy like ruhul, you are not GUESSING when you say "that guy uses tons of steroids"..its just realit.. you need a hell of alot of androgens in order to support that kind of muscle mass!

Yea but saying what a guy takes, is like saying what he eats for dinner. Its just a guess, because we really dont know.

All I know is that Mike said that he ate a grocery store of red meat a day, and i know nothing about the amounts of gear that he took, which I truly believe had a lesser effect to his heart troubles than the red meat.

Lets just agree to disagree here :)

And saturated fats are also linked to causing atherosclerosis which is fat that couldnt be broken down that causes a plaque like build up in your arteries and blood vessels "blocking" them. which is probably one of the causes of his heart attack! Even though i havent read the article and dont know many details about mikes health problems, so who knows i might be wrong.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
whatever the cause, its fucked up and he doesnt deserve it !

we can agree on that

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
whatever the cause, its fucked up and he doesnt deserve it !

we can agree on that

yes we can, he's a pretty good guy, and i hate to see that type of stuff happen to anybody.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:47:12 PM »
Eat meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »
Anyone who knows anything about real lab work on heavy Androgen users, would realize that it alters cholesterol levels(LDL and HDL) for the worse. This can even be seem with mild doses of Anavar. Take over a gram of test for several years and combine that with heavy beef intake, do you think maybe...just maybe, that might contribute to Plaque in your arteries. Does anyone think that some of your Mr. O competitors may start seeing some heart troubles by their mid to late 40's? Also, the heart has valves which contain Androgen receptors, which has been shown in studies to hypertrophy. This enlarged valve syndrome can cause some serious problems too.