Author Topic: Robbery...  (Read 23964 times)

sean

• Getbig IV
Re: Robbery...
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
handguns are serious weapons: fact
handguns are innacurate beyond 15m: fact
shooting at a fast moving target on the street is dangerous and irresponsible: fact

go to a range, fire some handguns, and see for yourself - it's easy to talk big now, but I GUARANTEE when shit goes down and you've only got a moment to figure out whats going on, you won't be taking well aimed shots, you'll blow your load and empty that entire magazine into the crowd

handguns are serious business and should not be trusted in the pockets of 'Joe Dumbass' ESPECIALLY if they plan on firing it in public and being a 'hero' - this is real life not a John Wayne movie

Train with one in practical handgun matches twice monthly and fire thousands of rounds through your handy gloc and you'll be prepared.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
You don't understand.  When Lott wrote "More Guns, Less Crime" he based most of it of a data set that has never been proven to exist.  His claim of how many people use guns defensively each year, for example, is based of data that he supposedly lost.  In this day and age of grants, computers, and the sheer amount of time to collect data like this, the idea that he lost the data is preposterous.  The data that he did produce was found to not support his hypotheses at all:

The Latest Misfires in Support of the More Guns, Less Crime Hypothesis
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=392584

Bullshit!  People wont fuck with people if they knew they'd get their asses shot off.  Instead now, people defend themselves with cellphones and bitching. 

Moosejay

« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
good to see racism is alive and well  ::)

He is speaking FACTUALLY.

If you can't see past that, then join the Sharpton/Jackson fan-boy club.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »
He is speaking FACTUALLY.

If you can't see past that, then join the Sharpton/Jackson fan-boy club.
C'mon, Moose. You're (understandably so) hurt and angry, but if you actually believe that drivel, you're no better than the POS who robbed you, and I gotta believe you're a better man than that. Keep the chin up.   :)

/the above post is way too saccharine, so i'll temper it with a 'go f*ck yourself'     ;)   

Moosejay

« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »
C'mon, Moose. You're (understandably so) hurt and angry, but if you actually believe that drivel, you're no better than the POS who robbed you, and I gotta believe you're a better man than that. Keep the chin up.   :)

/the above post is way too saccharine, so i'll temper it with a 'go f*ck yourself'     ;)   

Yeah...I didn't really read the post.

Just rantin' and ravin' lately.

Gotta get healthy to think clearly!

Its like I don't care about much lately...very weird.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »

I hear ya. It seems that in the last 5 years, I haven't had any real stretch of time where I haven't had some outright or nagging injury/health issue. It sure can get you down, that's for sure. But somehow you pick yourself up off the canvas and plod on. Today, I'm gonna finish work early and I'm gonna do a bit of book buying and then stop at a German cafe for one of those big steins of Hacker. That should help.  :)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2008, 09:52:45 AM »

you 'survived' a traumatic event - that's a natural response

hang in there, champ

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »

Drivel?  What part of my post is untrue? Check some national crime statistics some time or just open your eyes and read the paper or watch the news. My post was probably a little too intelligently written for most to grasp the essence.  And Moose you don't have to apologize for agreeing with me, especially since you experienced it firsthand.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2008, 10:13:39 AM »
What the hell were you thinking? Cash in hand on the open street, dude you were asking for it. REALLY WTF were you thinking?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »
Drivel?  What part of my post is untrue? Check some national crime statistics some time or just open your eyes and read the paper or watch the news. My post was probably a little too intelligently written for most to grasp the essence.  And Moose you don't have to apologize for agreeing with me, especially since you experienced it firsthand.
C'mon now, statistically measured, all violent crime has been on a steady downward slide for about 20 years now. Furthermore, most 'crime' is predominantly within the races -ie. white on white, black on black. You want to come here and use inflammatory language like simian, sub human entities, etc. you are just revealing your own lack of intelligence, or, rather, ignorance. 

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
C'mon now, statistically measured, all violent crime has been on a steady downward slide for about 20 years now. Furthermore, most 'crime' is predominantly within the races -ie. white on white, black on black. You want to come here and use inflammatory language like simian, sub human entities, etc. you are just revealing your own lack of intelligence, or, rather, ignorance. 

Why is calling violent thugs Simian and subhuman entities, inflammatory? Is there a large criminal element that posts on Getbig that might take offense to those words? I consider myself an evolved person and think of people who mindlessly prey on others robbing or killing innocent people as de-evolved beings, lower down the rung  of the evolutionary ladder. You are probably of the ilk that empathizes with these people and believes they should all be rehabilitated. Perhaps you'd make a good defense attorney. And since I never specifically mentioned a particular race, why would anyone who's not a lowlife criminal  be upset with my post?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2008, 11:27:06 AM »
Someone paypal Moose a $100 so this thread can find it's resting place.  Plenty of millionaires around.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »
Why is calling violent thugs Simian and subhuman entities, inflammatory? Is there a large criminal element that posts on Getbig that might take offense to those words? I consider myself an evolved person and think of people who mindlessly prey on others robbing or killing innocent people as de-evolved beings, lower down the rung  of the evolutionary ladder. You are probably of the ilk that empathizes with these people and believes they should all be rehabilitated. Perhaps you'd make a good defense attorney. And since I never specifically mentioned a particular race, why would anyone who's not a lowlife criminal  be upset with my post?
You don't have to. These terms have been used to denigrate blacks for a long time now. Anyone with any awareness knows of whom you were referring. But enough of your sophistry. Also nice to see you are trying to label me ("of that ilk...")...not a positive sign conversation-wise, and certainly not a mark of intelligence. 

In any case, some POS had a go at Moose, that is academic. If that had happened to me, I would hope I would be offered some constructive solace rather than a poisoned chalice of racial rhetoric.    :-\   

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
You don't have to. These terms have been used to denigrate blacks for a long time now. Anyone with any awareness knows of whom you were referring. But enough of your sophistry. Also nice to see you are trying to label me ("of that ilk...")...not a positive sign conversation-wise, and certainly not a mark of intelligence. 

In any case, some POS had a go at Moose, that is academic. If that had happened to me, I would hope I would be offered some constructive solace rather than a poisoned chalice of racial rhetoric.    :-\   

been awhile since I've seen the word "chalice" in a sentence.
poisoned chalice?
Nice :)

Moosejay

« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »
What the hell were you thinking? Cash in hand on the open street, dude you were asking for it. REALLY WTF were you thinking?

I was not in the open street.

You likely are not aware that I had an arm in a cast and could not pocket my cash.

My fault either way...but not as simple as you think

Moosejay

« Reply #241 on: July 19, 2008, 01:00:57 PM »
I hear ya. It seems that in the last 5 years, I haven't had any real stretch of time where I haven't had some outright or nagging injury/health issue. It sure can get you down, that's for sure. But somehow you pick yourself up off the canvas and plod on. Today, I'm gonna finish work early and I'm gonna do a bit of book buying and then stop at a German cafe for one of those big steins of Hacker. That should help.  :)

Yes!

Lose yourself in it.

Same here...since turning 40 a few years back, a cavalcade of health woes!

Damages my calm.

Moosejay

« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
you 'survived' a traumatic event - that's a natural response

hang in there, champ

I will endure :)

Moosejay

« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2008, 01:02:59 PM »
Someone paypal Moose a $100 so this thread can find it's resting place.  Plenty of millionaires around.

I never refuse food or money ;)

Moosejay

« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »

Both Chem and Chimps are smart guys

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
Both Chem and Chimps are smart guys
the thug who punked you is deep in your head. how does it feel to be made a bitch.
I am a big baby

Moosejay

« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
the thug who pinked you is deep in your head. how does it feel to be made a bitch.

Losing 100$, if you had it in the first place, would bankrupt you.

How does it feel to be a member of 'Wavy Gray Travelling Hog Farm Commune?

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
Losing 100$, if you had it in the first place, would bankrupt you.

How does it feel to be a member of 'Wavy Gray Travelling Hog Farm Commune?
did you cry after the thug made you his bitch, I know you did
I am a big baby

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »
....nothing like this has ever happened to me before

First time out and about since arm surgery last week

Went to bank this morning, withdrew $100 cash

was walking out of bank, cash in hand

Young, quick bastard thug ran by me, ripped wad of cash from my hand...

I couldn't run after him, obviously...cops are still looking for him...he was on foot, still at large in suburb here.

Happened in a blink of the eye.

I don't know what to think as of now

rumour has it the economy has put the young lad in a bind & needed a $100 to fill his tank

this sort of thing is happening alot these days

but.....

no big deal for people like you so....

STOP fucking whining about it

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2008, 02:01:53 PM »
rumour has it the economy has put the young lad in a bind & needed a $100 to fill his tank

this sort of thing is happening alot these days

but.....

no big deal for people like you so....

STOP fucking whining about it
;D ;D