Author Topic: Serious question for non Americans  (Read 5137 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Serious question for non Americans
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »
all this nonsense on this thread because Obama is about to become the President...deal with it

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
all this nonsense on this thread because Obama is about to become the President...deal with it

I believe he will as well... I think the younger generation just connects more with him and will come out in droves to his side.

I just don't see McCain being able to handle that kind of political assault.

It reminds me very much of the 1992 campaign and how Bill won it.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:31 PM »
I believe he will as well... I think the younger generation just connects more with him and will come out in droves to his side.

Exactly.
I would love to see the reaction from rednecks when he is officially president, cause you know when its all official celebs like Diddy, Jamie foxx, Snoop Dogg, Jay Z etc are all waiting for barack at the Finish line.

hahahah Fuck u rednecks

Fuck you Rednecks

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 03:05:53 PM »

He may very well be the next President, and that's fine with me. I just don't understand why all these non-Americans are bashing a great war hero like McCain. I can honestly say I don't care who is the Prime Minister of England for example. I just don't see why foreigners care about our politics.
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 03:08:51 PM »
He may very well be the next President, and that's fine with me. I just don't understand why all these non-Americans are bashing a great war hero like McCain. I can honestly say I don't care who is the Prime Minister of England for example. I just don't see why foreigners care about our politics.
i will tell you why, he just looks frail, useless, he stutters, he mumbles, he loves war, his not cool.. the world has had enough of War, Barack wont and cannot change things overnight but he seems more with it then McCain..

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
Like I said before... Tell your governments to not deal with us.

We don't want US interference and have asked many times for them not to. Took us 20 years to get the military bases out of here, which we never wanted anyway was taken basically. They barge down here, make proclamations, little we can do. Same issue all micro-nations have. Like I said, when my business is not poked into constantly, then I will not poke in anyone elses. It is irrational to expect me to suffer constant interjections and make no comment.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »
We don't want US interference and have asked many times for them not to. Took us 20 years to get the military bases out of here, which we never wanted anyway was taken basically. They barge down here, make proclamations, little we can do. Same issue all micro-nations have. Like I said, when my business is not poked into constantly, then I will not poke in anyone elses. It is irrational to expect me to suffer constant interjections and make no comment.

Do you also comment regularly on the People's Republic of China... I'm sure they impact a great deal of your life as well from an economic standpoint, but I don't see a lot of bashing of them.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »
Do you also comment regularly on the People's Republic of China... I'm sure they impact a great deal of your life as well from an economic standpoint, but I don't see a lot of bashing of them.
Epic feelings being hurt.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »

People are always jealous of great powerful men like McCain and Bush.
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
People are always jealous of great powerful men like McCain and Bush.
you suck at politics man, get back to the E board and post some celebrity ass for me

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »
you suck at politics man, get back to the E board and post some celebrity ass for me
;D I admit, politics is not really a passion of mine. I do respect mcCain for his service to our country though.
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
;D I admit, politics is not really a passion of mine. I do respect mcCain for his service to our country though.
I do too, he is a War hero i respect him for that, his actually a good guy with the footage i have seen.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »

I can tell you that the younger generation has no grasp of politics for the most part. A perfect example was in one of my massive lectures last semester. My professor was very big into politics and he was asking kids who they were voting for and why. One girl said she was voting for him because he looked young. The professor then asked her if she could name any one of his policies and she couldn't. Same thing went for 10+ other students. Not one kid knew his stances on any issues.

Not that it's a bad thing. The guy can speak and he's winning over the younger crowd doing it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
I talked to 2 "kids" going to KU. They brought up the election. Both are engineers...both think Obama is a joke and both did a good job of destroying him and his ridiculous policies. They said that alot of  supports have no idea what his policies are.
L

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
The guy can speak and he's winning over the younger crowd doing it.

He is a brilliant speaker. I "support" McCain, but I admit to haven gotten some goosebumps from Obamas speeches.
E

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
I don't know if I'd say they were "good men".

None the less, I agree that if you're not an American, why do you give a shit... If you hate America so much, then stop buying our stuff, tell your governments that are so great to stop doing business with us and we can in turn, remove our treaties with your governments and you can enjoy whatever war comes your way alone next time.

There is NOTHING that says you have to deal with us, or us with you if you don't want to.

This is the most igornat fucking statement I've read on here.  It's so easy for foreign countries to just stop doing business with America?  It's so easy to just tell Americans to get out?  Haha.  America has been overthrowing regimes for corporate interests through the CIA for the last 50 years.  Get a clue.  In most countries especially third world countries the "people" have no choice and are powerless to stop their government.  Plus the IMF and World Bank have known to destroy whole economies with the flick of a pen when it comes to currency speculation and extremely high interest loans if countries don't "play ball".  This is what I"m talking about when I say most Americans are clueless when it comes to foreign policy. 

Somalia: the entire social fabric of the pastoralist economy was undone through duty-free beef and dairy products from the EU.
Rwanda: the restructuring of the agricultural system precipitated the population into destitution, leading to a genocide.
Ethiopia: the Structural Adjustment Programme caused starvation.
Bangladesh: a devaluation and price liberalization exacerbated famine. Deregulation of the grain market meant dumping of US grain surpluses.
Brazil: enhancement of social polarization by supporting the land-owning class.
Peru: after liberalization, the price of bread increased more than 12 times.
Russia: helping the oligarchs.
India (Andhra Pradesh): repeal of minimum wages and support of caste exploitation
Yugoslavia: serving the strategic interests of Germany and the US by cutting the financial arteries between Belgrade and the republics.
Korea, Thailand, Indonesia: the vaults of the central banks (100 billion $) were pillaged by international speculators. The bail-outs of those countries were underwritten and guaranteed by the same Wall Street banks involved in the speculative assaults.

The IMF, World Bank and the U.S. has been responsible for lots of examples like those stated above throught their "support", "influence" or direct overthrow of governments through covert operations. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 03:42:54 PM »
I can tell you that the younger generation has no grasp of politics for the most part. A perfect example was in one of my massive lectures last semester. My professor was very big into politics and he was asking kids who they were voting for and why. One girl said she was voting for him because he looked young. The professor then asked her if she could name any one of his policies and she couldn't. Same thing went for 10+ other students. Not one kid knew his stances on any issues.

Not that it's a bad thing. The guy can speak and he's winning over the younger crowd doing it.

I agree... as a matter of fact myself, I have been flipping back and forth on quite a few things.

On one hand, I do like the idea of something different at the top, but that's just me rooting for the underdog, on the other hand, I don't like Obama's stance on guns.

Then there's McCain who is obviously going senile, but did serve his country in a time of war which is very important to me as well... Obama hasn't really said a lot about his policies and that worries me.

It's a very difficult decision this November.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »
Like I said before... Tell your governments to not deal with us.

Well, it's hardly likely they will listen to me. our Prime minister has a tendency to fellate oil producers.
On the odd chance that he did however, I doubt you'd like the outcome. Without Canadian oil or lumber, the prices at your pump would be 10x's worse than they are already. I doubt your economy can withstand much more of that. With higher priced and lesser quality American lumber, your housing market would be flushed out to sea. Right now it's deep in the toilet bowl after having fallen off it's precarious position teetering on the seat.

I'm sure the US couldn't possibly force the entire rest of the world to do our bidding if they chose not to.

Could you relay that to Bush and Cheney. Somehow I don't think they quite got the memo,
...and if they did, they might have treated it with the same disregard they showed all the warning issued to them about 911.

Are you saying that the US is SOOOO powerful that every other country on the planet couldn't tell us no together?

I think the numerous UN condemnations of American policies, as well as the recent invasion of Iraq demonstrates Bush's willingness to turn a deaf ear to the nations of the world, as well as the citizens of America, not to mention the US Constitution itself which he swore to uphold and defend.

Wow... Who knew?

Serious question... Do you buy American made goods? If so? Then why?

Absolutely! Not only do I buy American goods, I also market American made goods all over the world.  ;D
I don't have a problem with Americans, American goods, or America herself. It's a few of her leaders and their foreign policies I'm concerned with.

w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
This is the most igornat fucking statement I've read on here.  It's so easy for foreign countries to just stop doing business with America?  It's so easy to just tell Americans to get out?  Haha.  America has been overthrowing regimes for corporate interests through the CIA for the last 50 years.  Get a clue.  In most countries especially third world countries the "people" have no choice and are powerless to stop their government.  Plus the IMF and World Bank have known to destroy whole economies with the flick of a pen when it comes to currency speculation and extremely high interest loans if countries don't "play ball".  This is what I"m talking about when I say most Americans are clueless when it comes to foreign policy. 

Somalia: the entire social fabric of the pastoralist economy was undone through duty-free beef and dairy products from the EU.
Rwanda: the restructuring of the agricultural system precipitated the population into destitution, leading to a genocide.
Ethiopia: the Structural Adjustment Programme caused starvation.
Bangladesh: a devaluation and price liberalization exacerbated famine. Deregulation of the grain market meant dumping of US grain surpluses.
Brazil: enhancement of social polarization by supporting the land-owning class.
Peru: after liberalization, the price of bread increased more than 12 times.
Russia: helping the oligarchs.
India (Andhra Pradesh): repeal of minimum wages and support of caste exploitation
Yugoslavia: serving the strategic interests of Germany and the US by cutting the financial arteries between Belgrade and the republics.
Korea, Thailand, Indonesia: the vaults of the central banks (100 billion $) were pillaged by international speculators. The bail-outs of those countries were underwritten and guaranteed by the same Wall Street banks involved in the speculative assaults.

The IMF, World Bank and the U.S. has been responsible for lots of examples like those stated above throught their "support", "influence" or direct overthrow of governments through covert operations. 

Meltdown... Either do something about it or shut up.

I don't see you changing anything by bitching on a message board.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
I agree... as a matter of fact myself, I have been flipping back and forth on quite a few things.

On one hand, I do like the idea of something different at the top, but that's just me rooting for the underdog, on the other hand, I don't like Obama's stance on guns.

Then there's McCain who is obviously going senile, but did serve his country in a time of war which is very important to me as well... Obama hasn't really said a lot about his policies and that worries me.

It's a very difficult decision this November.

I think they're both two of the shittiest candidates I've ever seen. The only reason I'm leaning towards Obama is because I believe he'll fix economy quicker than McCain will. That being said, some of his foreign policy positions and a few other things really bother me. But to me, the economy is more important than anything right now. Terrorism is a very, very close second though.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »
We get alot of this from him. There are plenty of ways to help.

BF say it ain't so.....Obama will tax us into the ground. McCain is talking up Romney...he should make u feel better
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »

I've worked my ass off in support of Ron Paul.  I attended rallys, delegate meetings, canvassed neighborhoods handing out information and trying to get local people informed.  I donated a shit load of my own personal money to the campaign as well.  So I've done a fuck lot more than bitching on a message board.  What have you done?  I would have loved to have attended the recent march in DC sponsored in support of RP but work obligations dictated otherwise.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »
We get alot of this from him. There are plenty of ways to help.

BF say it ain't so.....Obama will tax us into the ground. McCain is talking up Romney...he should make u feel better

Romney as VP may be the single best thing McCain could do to make me feel better about his ability for his administration to potentially manage the economy.

I will agree with BF that I too am leaning Obama at the moment because I think his ability to turn around the economy will be greater than McCain's... I also think he is willing to listen to those more knowledgeable in foreign policy than McCain would be.

Willingness to listen to those who know more than you is a plus.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 03:50:25 PM »
I don't know.....I'm currently fighting the war ur bitching about. I'm also working for the McCain campaign in MO.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »

Oh Good grief!  ::)

Why do people ask a question, then tell the very people who have been so kind as to answer it to shut up?!
w