Author Topic: Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain  (Read 2310 times)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain
« on: July 18, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »
The last two times I have went for a run in the park my left knee has been very sore.  From what I read it is the Medial Collateral Ligament.  I have never had this issue before.  Could a change in shoes cause this.  It seems to be better if I move around.  If I sit down for awhile and then get up.  OWWWWW !!!
I have a family history of bad arthritis so hopefully that is not the case.  Hopefully just the tendon.

How should I proceed?  I plan on riding the stationary in the mean time till my knee feels more stable.

The Coach

Re: Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
The last two times I have went for a run in the park my left knee has been very sore.  From what I read it is the Medial Collateral Ligament.  I have never had this issue before.  Could a change in shoes cause this.  It seems to be better if I move around.  If I sit down for awhile and then get up.  OWWWWW !!!
I have a family history of bad arthritis so hopefully that is not the case.  Hopefully just the tendon.

How should I proceed?  I plan on riding the stationary in the mean time till my knee feels more stable.

Where on the knee does it hurt?

Get an MRI and proceed from there. Make sure they tell you what grade of a sprain it is. Grade I, rest for a couple of weeks or so, grade II get a hinged knee brace after the pain is gone over the MCL (3-5 weeks) you start again slowly with exercise. Grade III, Knee brace usually with crutches for about 10 days or so. Doubt very much if it's grade I or II but start with an MRI.