Author Topic: Lease or Buy  (Read 3451 times)

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
Re: Lease or Buy
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »
I'm practically a thousandaire :)

I am a scrub, sure.  But I want to retire at a decent age and spend my days traveling the world, posting on getbig from internet cafes all over the globe.

You could have already retired when "the choad" Was starting a getbig hedge fund..You had the opportunity to get in on the ground floor...the fund is up 156% since inception...Does carry a 20% performance fee though

body88

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
I once had a saleman try and make me pay for some kind of advertising fee. I just laughed at him, seriously.

Look up the factory invoice online, and tell him you are paying 100 below it.... Then laugh in his face if he claims anything in regards to extras fee's.

A little note on how much money factory's invest in their dealers to move cars. Typically a factory will give a dealer 300 - 400 bucks (500 - 700 for high end luxery models) per car on the lot to advertise.... Big dealers have thousands of cars on the lot.

They want to move cars, and they will give you a deal to do so.

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 09:47:33 PM »
How many miles do you estimate you drive each year? If 15k or under, lease it or pay for milage usually anything over that. I say lease it because you have your own business and you can write it off as an expense.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »
How many miles do you estimate you drive each year? If 15k or under, lease it or pay for milage usually anything over that. I say lease it because you have your own business and you can write it off as an expense.

100% true. Can't believe I'm agreeing with Joe.

Also, if you're going to lease, look at the upper end vehicles with complete service plans. I'm on my 3rd BMW and they've all cost me the same as the Ford Explorer I had before it, once you factor in service and repairs. Audi, BMW and Benz (not sure about Lexus?) all have comprehensive bumper to bumper service packages with the lease, including oil changes and tune ups. You can also add mileage for cheap.

My X3 3.0si fully loaded w/ sport package was had for $0 down, 575/mo with taxes built into the monthly payments.

Now, if you want to buy a cheap car at auction like Rob suggests, surely that's economical. But if you're on the market for an upper end vehicle, leasing is the way to go.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:24 PM »
OK so I have never leased a car before, but I am thinking about it. I mean after 4 or 5 years the car isn't worth a shit anyway so I am undecided. Any advice?

If getting it through your business and your mileage will be low, lease.

If buying it personally...buy. 

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 01:33:45 AM »

lease, all the way.

buying ties you to the vehicle for 4-5 years, and the payment is going to be alot higher than a lease- good luck buying a vehicle and not paying exorbitant finance rates of 8% plus as opposed to a lease rate of 0 or .9%.

buying a car is a poor investment often depreciating upwards of 20-30 % once you drive it off the lot.

and, if you don't like the vehicle you are stuck with it. alot of dealers, if you are buying the same make of vehicle will take you out of your present lease and put you in another model with little or zero charge.

buying a vehicle is a very bad play. the advantages to leasing are much greater.
b

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 04:46:05 AM »

lease, all the way.

buying ties you to the vehicle for 4-5 years, and the payment is going to be alot higher than a lease- good luck buying a vehicle and not paying exorbitant finance rates of 8% plus as opposed to a lease rate of 0 or .9%.

buying a car is a poor investment often depreciating upwards of 20-30 % once you drive it off the lot.

and, if you don't like the vehicle you are stuck with it. alot of dealers, if you are buying the same make of vehicle will take you out of your present lease and put you in another model with little or zero charge.

buying a vehicle is a very bad play. the advantages to leasing are much greater.

I agree with you, another option is taking over the lease of another person http://www.leasetrader.com/e/home.asp

also a lot of car manufacturers have 0% financing if you shop around.

many times the up keep of an older car can be more expensive that leasing a new car.  Keep in mind that with leasing a car all of the stand maintenance is done by the dealer.
I

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 05:07:47 AM »
OK so I have never leased a car before, but I am thinking about it. I mean after 4 or 5 years the car isn't worth a shit anyway so I am undecided. Any advice?
15 years ago we leased a mercedes for personal use and went way over the mileage limit and ended up paying big time for exceeding the contracted limit and couldn't deduct it for business expense. my advise is buy a big new honda or toyota.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 06:15:05 AM »
hello

im thinking of buying or leasing a car

i googled and i came to a board about BODYBUILDING and went on and asked about it there!

Z

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 08:10:21 AM »
Just steal one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
 Cars should last you 10-12 years.

Jap cars do...

8)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »

I just stole this and sent to everybody I know.  That is freakin' hilarious 240!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »
I just stole this and sent to everybody I know.  That is freakin' hilarious 240!!!

Hey, you just keep posting nekkid pics of the woman and we'll call it even :)

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 08:34:47 AM »
sorry - my advice is don't lease.  many places want $2k - $3k down, just to start the lease.  At auction, you can get a nice, near-new verhicle for $5k or less.  

My truck has over 120k miles, still running perfectly.  I bought it used for $2500 when it had 30k miles on it.  I see my family making car payments every month and I just shake my head.  Lease seems even more crazy to me.  Cars should last you 10-12 years.
[/b]

exceelent post. Specially if you takle care of it change oil reg

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 08:35:27 AM »
If u got money lease, if not, buy, I lease my BMW, because after 3 years, I want the newer one. So i trade it in, and get a new car.

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
Depends what you want to do with it.
Just drive to work with it?
Buy a cheap reliable car.

Have fun, cruise around on weekends?
Then lease, and try to get a
contract where you can change the car  every 3months.
Driving many different 2008 upper end cars is quite nice. 

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 11:05:37 PM »
I'm old school I live within my means, if I don't have the money in the bank then I don't buy it, no lease, no finance nothin'.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 07:17:00 AM »
I'm old school I live with my parents which means,  I don't have the money in the bank and no credit so I don't buy it, no lease, no finance nothin'.

Fixed for ya Stu  ;)

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 07:40:37 AM »
lease if you don't drive alot of miles

buy otherwise

also...

never buy a car thinking it's an investment

course it isn't lol... even if you think it might get you pussy

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 07:43:19 AM »
Fixed for ya Stu  ;)

hahahaha, how are the repayments on the Porsche working out for you????