Author Topic: Jesse Jackson getting pwnt beyond belief...by Sharpton, too  (Read 3586 times)

The Coach

Re: Jesse Jackson getting pwnt beyond belief...by Sharpton, too
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 07:31:33 AM »
Barack Obama, Serial Flip-Flopper
June 23, 2008 09:29 AM ET | Bonnie Erbe | Permanent Link

Both presidential candidates spent the weekend trying to explain away recent policy reversals. The predominant question for voters this November may well become: Whose list of flip-flops is longer and more egregious?

From CNN.com:

Days after both men reversed course on major issues, the presidential campaigns of Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain spent much of Sunday's talk-show circuit working to ensure accusations of "flip-flopping" don't stick.

From where I sit, flip-flopping is an unbeatable addiction for Obama. For McCain, by comparison, it's an occasional foible.

The flip-flops preoccupying them right now are on acceptance of public financing for Obama and on offshore oil drilling for McCain.

McCain's policy change makes sense given changed circumstances. Obama's is based purely on greed. McCain opposed offshore oil drilling before but now says it should be pursued off the Florida coast. I don't support his new position. America should be promoting alternative energy sources, not drilling for more oil. But given the run-up in oil prices, one can understand McCain's change of heart.

Obama's flip-flop, on the other hand, is purely about self-interest. He promised to accept public financing before he knew he could raise more money from donors. Now that he can raise twice as much from donors as Uncle Sam would give him if he forswore private donations, of course he's pursuing the bigger bucks. What's more troubling is Obama's list of flip-flops is so limitless, he's beginning to sound like he tailors his position to whichever audience he's addressing at the moment. When he spoke to an AIPAC meeting a couple of weeks back, he said he supports Israeli control of Jerusalem. The next day, trying to placate angry Arab supporters, Obama said "negotiators" should work out the contentious Jerusalem issue.

As a New York Post editorial observed:

• He [Obama] ripped Hillary Clinton for months for voting to list Iran's Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization. Days after Clinton conceded, Obama flipped and said he supported the definition.

• Obama repeatedly vowed to meet with various heads of terror states—most notably Ahmadinejad of Iran—"without preconditions." Then, with the nomination in sight, he zigzagged: "There's no reason why we would necessarily meet with Ahmadinejad. He's not the most powerful person in Iran."

• In October, he supported NAFTA expansion. In March, campaigning in the Ohio primary, he called for a "reopening" of the trade pact's terms. This week, he called his own primary rhetoric "overheated" and said NAFTA has had a positive effect on the US economy.

• Yesterday, after signaling opposition to nuclear power, he told Democratic governors he's open to expanding it."

There are many, many other examples, some of which I've noted in prior posts. Change we can believe in? No, change we can count on, because as soon as he takes a position, we can count on the fact he's going to change it in front of the next audience.

Moosejay

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 07:31:48 AM »
What about the majority who are NOT lazy and have contributed to SS and Medicare their entire lives with the expectation that those benefits will be there for them when they reach retirement age? Are you "floating their boats" too?

I don't necessarily believe they are the majority.

And you, as a taxpayer, are floating their boats as well.

Self-reliance is the key.

Not big government.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 07:32:42 AM »
I'm sure Obama has your vote too. Everyday this guy is flip flopping on one thing or another and it becoming more and more known that this guy...in the end, isn't worth a crap.
And McCain has never changed positions on anything, right?  ::)
The McCain of 2000 wouldn't even vote for the McCain of 2008 who has his puckered lips planted on the butt cheeks of George W. Bush.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 07:38:21 AM »
Suck it up, big boy. You're one of getbig's millionaires, so you can afford an Obama presidency in order to preserve Social Security and Medicare for the less fortunate.

It's an absolutely liberal belief.

But...

If social security dies, what happens to our quality of life here?  You suddenly have a hundred million starving old people on the streets.  What kinda nation would that be like?  Stop all social programs.. suddenly you have a lot of welfare parents willing to put a gun in your mouth for that loaf of bread as you walk out of the grocery store.

Without societal supports like social security and public assistance, the place turns to crap really fast, and it isn't safe to live in.  Besides, those folks DID PAY for social security.  It's not their fault that our leaders spent it ;)

The Coach

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 07:42:37 AM »
And McCain has never changed positions on anything, right?  ::)
The McCain of 2000 wouldn't even vote for the McCain of 2008 who has his puckered lips planted on the butt cheeks of George W. Bush.

Obama flip flops on something almost everyday. Changing you're position on something once in a while is acceptable but he's changed on almost everything. He's finally going to Iraq after McCain called him out and embarressed the hell out him and who is taking? Three of his biggest supporters in the Lib media.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »
This would be a good thread for the politics board.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 07:47:19 AM »
Obama flip flops on something almost everyday. Changing you're position on something once in a while is acceptable but he's changed on almost everything. He's finally going to Iraq after McCain called him out and embarressed the hell out him and who is taking? Three of his biggest supporters in the Lib media.
All complete bullshit.

McCain has flipped on practically EVERY issue. Far more than Obama, who has changed positions on very little. If you are voting based on the flip-flop angle (is this '04 again?), then there is no possible way you could vote for McCain. Give it a rest.

I am done with this thread. I am not giving "House Negro Tre's" thread any more prominence than it deserves.
!

The Coach

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52:51 AM »
All complete bullshit.

McCain has flipped on practically EVERY issue. Far more than Obama, who has changed positions on very little. If you are voting based on the flip-flop angle (is this '04 again?), then there is no possible way you could vote for McCain. Give it a rest.

I am done with this thread. I am not giving "House Negro Tre's" thread any more prominence than it deserves.

If your going to vote for someone, vote for someone who is decisive and can stick to his positions, his problem is he can't. His handlers tell him what to say what and what to do based on polls. He's like a kid in a candy store who can't make up his mind. He's got you fooled and everyother naive pacifist lib around.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
If your going to vote for someone, vote for someone who is decisive and can stick to his positions, his problem is he can't. His handlers tell him what to say what and what to do based on polls. He's like a kid in a candy store who can't make up his mind. He's got you fooled and everyother naive pacifist lib around.
LOL. Joe...always bringing a knife to a gunfight. You'd think you'd learn.  :)

Moosejay

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 08:00:31 AM »

But...

If social security dies, what happens to our quality of life here?  You suddenly have a hundred million starving old people on the streets.  What kinda nation would that be like?  Stop all social programs.. suddenly you have a lot of welfare parents willing to put a gun in your mouth for that loaf of bread as you walk out of the grocery store.

Without societal supports like social security and public assistance, the place turns to crap really fast, and it isn't safe to live in.  Besides, those folks DID PAY for social security.  It's not their fault that our leaders spent it ;)

Don't have to wait for the demise of social programs for things like this to happen NOW :-\

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:33 AM »
What about the majority who are NOT lazy and have contributed to SS and Medicare their entire lives with the expectation that those benefits will be there for them when they reach retirement age? Are you "floating their boats" too?

The rule is to NEVER count on anything.

You can best count on YOURSELF.

Its what I do. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »
Don't have to wait for the demise of social programs for things like this to happen NOW :-\

True - BUT - we all know that if you just ended welfare or social security tomorrow, you have serious problems.

Imagine all the WWII, Korean, and Vietnam vets on social security who know how to kill, and suddenly see their monthly food and medicine allowance disappear.  Will they sit quietly in their house and watch their loved spouse die from lack of medicine?  or will they strap up, hit the streets, and do whatever crime they can to get the $ they need to stay alive?

Desperate people can fucc up a country.  You take away food/shelter/medicine from 100 million people, and while you might feel *really safe* today, what will you do when 1/3 of the population is starving and gunning for you?

Every one of you here would rob a stranger before letting your family starve, right?

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 08:08:52 AM »
True - BUT - we all know that if you just ended welfare or social security tomorrow, you have serious problems.

Imagine all the WWII, Korean, and Vietnam vets on social security who know how to kill, and suddenly see their monthly food and medicine allowance disappear.  Will they sit quietly in their house and watch their loved spouse die from lack of medicine?  or will they strap up, hit the streets, and do whatever crime they can to get the $ they need to stay alive?

Desperate people can fucc up a country.  You take away food/shelter/medicine from 100 million people, and while you might feel *really safe* today, what will you do when 1/3 of the population is starving and gunning for you?

Every one of you here would rob a stranger before letting your family starve, right?

agreed

but I don't see that happening in our lifetime

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 08:10:10 AM »
In Jesse's defense, no one really knows what he said.

No one ever really knows:

http://www.971freefm.com/pages/4627.php

The Coach

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »
In Jesse's defense, no one really knows what he said.

No one ever really knows:

http://www.971freefm.com/pages/4627.php

Maybe Sharpton or Farrakan can translate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »
agreed
but I don't see that happening in our lifetime

I hope not.  but it just takes one world event for this to get ugly.  if israel nukes iran, the gulf gets closed, there is automatically a depression as oil stops coming thru the straits of hormuz for 2-3 months.  Can the dollar (which has lost 41% of its value under Bush against Euro) survive that?  I hope.

Moosejay

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 09:17:21 AM »
I hope not.  but it just takes one world event for this to get ugly.  if israel nukes iran, the gulf gets closed, there is automatically a depression as oil stops coming thru the straits of hormuz for 2-3 months.  Can the dollar (which has lost 41% of its value under Bush against Euro) survive that?  I hope.

agreed

but you know as the US economy goes, so goes the world

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
US economy will be fine.  Economies from all over the world are tied to the americans and if the americans go down, so does everybody else.

Moosejay

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:55 AM »
US economy will be fine.  Economies from all over the world are tied to the americans and if the americans go down, so does everybody else.

Thank you...finally someone with wisdom

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 10:23:32 AM »
Say it isn't so Tre..

Go Obama...he has to be doing something right

Anything which causes a Jesse Jackson implosion is a good thing, I have to agree with you there. 

I actually hope Jackson will be driven to suicide and that the event will be televised.  I just don't want his trick ass referred to as a 'civil rights icon' when he finally drops dead.

Moosejay

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
Anything which causes a Jesse Jackson implosion is a good thing, I have to agree with you there. 

I actually hope Jackson will be driven to suicide and that the event will be televised.  I just don't want his trick ass referred to as a 'civil rights icon' when he finally drops dead.

He is an 'icon' of the victimization industry.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »

But...

It would force future generations to pay for their own retirements...like those of us who are self-employed will have to do. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
He is an 'icon' of the victimization industry.

Amen to that.

He's made millions convincing many Blacks that they (as a group) don't have a chance to succeed in America. 

Moosejay

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 10:30:03 AM »
It would force future generations to pay for their own retirements...like those of us who are self-employed will have to do. 

Yes, Tre.

But, as you are self-employed as I am...you will agree that we are far more fastidious and cognizant of saving and investing for our retirements, and we don't expect hand-outs...there ain't none coming, so we must direct our own paths.

The most free way to go!

Moosejay

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 10:31:15 AM »
Amen to that.

He's made millions convincing many Blacks that they (as a group) don't have a chance to succeed in America. 

THAT is why he took a hit on Barak. Barak is suggesting that affirm action and similar modes gotta go.

That=Goodbye to J Jackson and Sharpton and their ilk

Hoo-Ray