Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 19062 times)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: THE DARK KNIGHT
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2008, 09:28:37 AM »
But you knew it had to happen though right?

When I heard Harvey Dent was one of the characters, I knew that Tw-Face was going tobe in the film.

Remember the first Bat-Man movie with Michael Keaton? Harvey Dent was played by that black actor who played Lando Calrisean in the Star Wars movies then Later played by Tommy Lee Jones in the following Bat-Man sequel who played Two-Face?

The pople that made the First Bat-Man movie probably didnt know that Harvey Dent would eventually become Two-Face when they Gave a black man the role as Harvey Dent

Yeah I knew it would happen but just like SM3 w/ Venom they didn't give the character any real time to develop.
$

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »
Two face should not appear in dark knight if you ask me......but welll...

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2008, 09:30:27 AM »
I hear Ledger won't even answer calls for a sequel.

lol....he can be reached from his blackberry from the bottomless pit

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2008, 09:36:55 AM »
Yeah I knew it would happen but just like SM3 w/ Venom they didn't give the character any real time to develop.

Yeah that pissed me off!!

Venom wasnt supposed to die. He plays an intrical part in the Spider-Man comic.

He eventually becomes a vigilante bringing his own brand of justice just like the Punisher! Venom actually become a good guy who kills people. Becomes the anti Spider-Man. (Venom-Lethal Protector).

Now only that but Venom actually spawns "childern" that include Carnage and a female symbiote.

The person who wrote the story for the movies should be shot!! He didnt know what the hell he was doing andf ruined comic book continuity. He ruinedit for the true comic book fans

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2008, 09:43:12 AM »
Yeah that pissed me off!!

Venom wasnt supposed to die. He plays an intrical part in the Spider-Man comic.

He eventually becomes a vigilante bringing his own brand of justice just like the Punisher! Venom actually become a good guy who kills people. Becomes the anti Spider-Man. (Venom-Lethal Protector).

Now only that but Venom actually spawns "childern" that include Carnage and a female symbiote.

The person who wrote the story for the movies should be shot!! He didnt know what the hell he was doing andf ruined comic book continuity. He ruinedit for the true comic book fans

yep, and while we are on it. Why not show Galactus in FF2?
$

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:57 AM »

Please dont get me started!

That movie pissed me off! Remember the scene where the Surfer falls off his board and they shoot him with rays to make him weak? The way that movie played out was that if the Surfer was separated from his board he was powerless! Not true!!!

The Silver Surfer was powerful with or ithout his board in the comic book. He could actually will his board to come to him whenever he wanted it to.

So the part of when he was being torured and feeling pain isnt supposed to be true because the Surfer is made out of some sort of metal.

The movie makers made the Silver Surfer out to be a weakling when in fact he is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

The way the movie writers made it out to be was the Surfer destroyed Galactus! So we wont probably see Galactus in any more FF movies!!

We comic book fans no that there is no way in hell the Surfer can destroy galactus but the movie writer who wrtote the film made it out that way...bullshit!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2008, 09:58:55 AM »
Well lets just say if they ever make an Infinity Gaunlet movie I'm not holding my breath on that being true to form either. Nicholas Cage and Adam Warlock or some shit.
$

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2008, 10:28:31 AM »
batman's chick, discuss

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
She is not that pretty and not that great of an actress

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
batman's chick, discuss

if i would see her photo on a dating site i would move on to the next profile...

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »
she's so common looking.
$

affy

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »
batman's chick, discuss

here she is getting rammed

discuss

id do her...but i wouldn't go around bragging to my friends about it

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »
I saw it again today.

And I loved it again.  ;D

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2008, 01:09:50 PM »
Saw it last nite, midnight showing, Simply put........ OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker blows Jack Nicolson's out the water. Great story theme, Best Batman movie thus far!!!!!

Cool.
Spirit of Truth

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »
I saw in yesterday, late showing. End at 1am. Fucking great movie!!!
A

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »

Isn't it crazy when you emerge from a last showing? it's like the world has ended and you're the only people left.
$

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »
just not good enough

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2008, 03:01:12 PM »
Isn't it crazy when you emerge from a last showing? it's like the world has ended and you're the only people left.
lol it was pack tho.
A

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »
;D ;)
just not good enough

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »

I went at 1:40am, and there was a 5:00am showing waiting in line when we got out.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »
But you knew it had to happen though right?

When I heard Harvey Dent was one of the characters, I knew that Tw-Face was going tobe in the film.

Remember the first Bat-Man movie with Michael Keaton? Harvey Dent was played by that black actor who played Lando Calrisean in the Star Wars movies then Later played by Tommy Lee Jones in the following Bat-Man sequel who played Two-Face?

The pople that made the First Bat-Man movie probably didnt know that Harvey Dent would eventually become Two-Face when they Gave a black man the role as Harvey Dent

That was Billy Dee Williams, and he took the role with the expectation that he would be brought back to play Two-Face. Williams reportedly even had a clause added to his contract reserving the role for him.

During casting for Batman Forever (1995) Warner Bros. decided they would prefer Tommy Lee Jones and bought out Williams' contract for a pretty hefty chunk of change.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
Its not fair to compare because 89 stands absolutely zero chance. Nothing about it touches Dark Knight in anyway.

And they are two different franchises.
The Dark Knight is not a remake or rehashing of 1989’s.

Tim Burton’s films were dark and sinister, but still had that comic book feel. The Joker falls into toxic chemicals, "disfiguring" his face into a perfectly symmetrical smile. And his weapons, while deadly, looked and functioned like cheesy props – like the boutonniere that squirted acid.
No problem, though. Burton pulled off what he set out to accomplish, and it was a great movie.

Nolan is telling a different story. His Joker is not an evil clown, but a deranged, psychopathic terrorist who just crudely slapped some clown makeup on more as a form of war paint. No special weapons or purple suits. The character – as well as the entire movie – seems more realistic. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »

Nolan is telling a different story. His Joker is not an evil clown, but a deranged, psychopathic terrorist who just crudely slapped some clown makeup on more as a form of war paint. No special weapons or purple suits. The character – as well as the entire movie – seems more realistic. 

from what I've read the Joker in The Dark Knight is how the original joker was written before the censors started with comics in the 40's.
$

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
What’s funny is I just talked with my Uncle earlier today. He’s 67 and hasn’t seen any of the Batman films since the campy 1960’s Adam West series.

He told me that when he was a kid he loved the Batman adventures they played at the movie theaters before the features.
Back then, Batman simply carried a pistol – no fancy cars or weapons.
He said the Joker wasn’t even around yet, and the shows simply featured regular gangster type villains.

I actually saw part of something like this on AMC years ago. Talk about old school. I think this was from the school that burned down before the old school was even built. But it did have Vicky Vale, who would later appear in 1989’s mega-hit.