Author Topic: John Edwards... busted?  (Read 6868 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: John Edwards Scandal
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
He's a POS for doing this to his wife who is remission from cancer.

In remission huh? ...to my knowledge that means the cancer has gone away. How do you feel about newt gingrich?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: The Plot Thickens
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »
I  have nothing to worry about. I don't cheat on my spouse. Let McCain and Edwards deal with that when they meet they're maker.

No, you just divorce them, ...despite vowing to God "Til death do us part".

1 divorce is rather unfortunate
2 divorces is extremely suspect
...but when you start getting to 3 or beyond, ...someone's got a problem.   :-X
w

w8m8

Re: John Edwards... busted?
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2008, 03:23:51 AM »
In remission huh? ...to my knowledge that means the cancer has gone away.

Edwards' wife, Elizabeth, was diagnosed with breast cancer one day after the general election in 2004. She was in remission until March 2007 when her doctors discovered cancer on one of her ribs. She now has stage IV breast cancer. It's treatable, but not curable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »
If this story is true he needs to fess up and then forget about public office. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »
If this story is true he needs to fess up and then forget about public office. 

Should McCain do the same?  If not why?
S

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
The National Enquirer should not be a point of reference.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
The National Enquirer should not be a point of reference.

just like wit the kathy lee gifford case...

they'll wait for a denial from camp edwards, then print the photos to "preserve their reputation against false accusations of lying from john edwards".

it lets them do a 2-wk cycle of big sales instead of 1.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »

just like wit the kathy lee gifford case...

they'll wait for a denial from camp edwards, then print the photos to "preserve their reputation against false accusations of lying from john edwards".

it lets them do a 2-wk cycle of big sales instead of 1.

Exactly.

It's not news. It's tabloid.

I guess it is like the news today  :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 07:07:13 PM »

Great question.  I don't think BB will respond to it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »

No.  Why should he? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 07:19:38 PM »
No.  Why should he? 

Both men cheated on their wives when they were down on their health.  Mccain details when the affair started, it was while he was still married.

If Edwards should leave public life for it, why shoudn't Mccain?

IMO neither should...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 07:26:07 PM »
Both men cheated on their wives when they were down on their health.  Mccain details when the affair started, it was while he was still married.

If Edwards should leave public life for it, why shoudn't Mccain?

IMO neither should...

When exactly did McCain cheat on his wife?  Was he running for president?  Holding public office?  How long ago was this?  And what the heck does this have to with John Edwards??   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »
He needs to speak on this, or sue for defamation.  Given the amount of media attention, this is not the kind of allegation he can just ignore IMO.  If the story is false he can take a paternity test, have them write him a check, and put the thing to rest. 

John Edwards ducks questions on tabloid's story
By Lisa Zagaroli
McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — Only three weeks ago, John Edwards fielded media questions on his chances of filling the vice-presidential slot on Democrat Barack Obama's ticket or a Cabinet position in his administration. On Wednesday, the former U.S. senator, presidential candidate and 2004 vice-presidential nominee refused to answer questions that took a tabloid turn.

About a dozen reporters and photojournalists attended a speech Edwards gave to an AARP Foundation symposium on poverty and aging in Washington.

Afterward, he avoided a crowd of waiting reporters, at least some of whom wanted to question him about recent reports in the National Enquirer that alleged a sexual relationship between Edwards and a former campaign videographer and an ensuing cover-up.

Citing unnamed sources, the Enquirer published a story in October claiming that Edwards was having an affair with a woman who had filmed a series of campaign videos, and that he had gotten her pregnant.

Last week, the Enquirer posted a story online claiming that Edwards had visited the woman, Rielle Hunter, and the child July 21 at a Beverly Hills hotel.

In October, the woman posted an online statement denying the first story.

In December, a male campaign worker for Edwards, Andrew Young, claimed paternity of the woman's then-unborn child.

On Wednesday, Edwards apparently exited through a side area used by the kitchen staff at Washington's historic Hotel Monaco.

Edwards emerged near the rear of the hotel with two men. When approached by a reporter, Edwards said, "Can't do it now, I'm sorry" and quickly walked past.

Asked about the Beverly Hilton last week, Edwards said "sorry" and got into a waiting car with the other men. Asked twice more to address the Enquirer story, Edwards was silent until the car doors were closed.

The Enquirer described in its story its reporters' attempts to chase down Edwards that night. The tabloid reported Edwards ran and hid in a restroom to elude them.

The story has prompted buzz in the blogosphere and become fodder for jokes by late-night hosts Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien, raising questions about his prospects for a spot in an Obama administration.

But Edwards has said little about the allegations. At a July 23 speech in Houston, Edwards responded to a reporter's question about the Enquirer story by referring to it as "tabloid trash."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/BREAKING/80731017