Author Topic: Oil is is PLUNGING....  (Read 2426 times)

Moosejay

Oil is is PLUNGING....
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:50:53 AM »
...from 147 high, now down to 123 bucks as I type this.

What say all you gloom and doom soothsayers now??

Booohooohooo to the Libs

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Re: Oil is is PLUNGING....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:55:06 AM »

Unless the oil you're talking about is synthol, what does this have to do with golf?!  ::)
just not good enough

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 06:57:47 AM »

Booohooohooo to the Libs

I think you mean oil is PLUMMENTING, not plunging. I don't know if that's even a word.

It's dropping because of a lesser demand for it. Americans are saying enough is enough and refusing to pay the high cost of crude. When demand lowers, the price of crude lowers also.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
Bush will try to take credit for the lowered prices come election time.

He had Paulson manipulate prices in Nov 2006, if any of you remember.  Gas prices suddenly dropped, and Bush took credit for it.  Oddly, some people fall for it every election.

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 07:09:40 AM »

He had Paulson manipulate prices in Nov 2006, if any of you remember.  Gas prices suddenly dropped, and Bush took credit for it.  Oddly, some people fall for it every election.

like i said, its all been contrived

Moosejay

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 07:10:23 AM »
I think you mean oil is PLUMMENTING, not plunging. I don't know if that's even a word.

It's dropping because of a lesser demand for it. Americans are saying enough is enough and refusing to pay the high cost of crude. When demand lowers, the price of crude lowers also.

every media outlet uses it...take it up with the associated press

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »
Bush will try to take credit for the lowered prices come election time.He had Paulson manipulate prices in Nov 2006, if any of you remember.  Gas prices suddenly dropped, and Bush took credit for it.  Oddly, some people fall for it every election.

Funny, people wanted to blame him for the increase but not give credit for dropping?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 07:23:06 AM »
I laugh when they lower the price to 125 dollars and everyone celebrates.  Tell me when it gets under 100 for starters.  

Moosejay

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 07:23:58 AM »
I laugh when they lower the price to 125 dollars and everyone celebrates.  Tell me when it gets under 100 for starters.  

You can laugh when it is 50$ at x-mas, tovarisch

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »
My tee time is 10:09 am tom.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 07:33:33 AM »
My tee time is 10:09 am tom.

Mines @ 3:25 today and 7:08am Sunday. Next week 6:20am PGA West in LaQuinta.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »

I think he is using an acceptable word.

plunge (plnj)
v. plunged, plung·ing, plung·es
v.tr.
1. To thrust or throw forcefully into a substance or place: "Plunge the lobsters, head first, into a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water" Craig Claiborne.
2. To cast suddenly, violently, or deeply into a given state or situation: "The street was plunged in cool shadow" Richard Wright.
v.intr.
1. To fall or throw oneself into a substance or place: We plunged into the icy mountain lake.
2. To throw oneself earnestly or wholeheartedly into an activity or situation: plunged into my studies.
3. To enter or move headlong through something: The hunting dogs plunged into the forest.
4. To descend steeply; fall precipitously: a cliff that plunges to the sea.
5. To move forward and downward violently: The rider plunged from the bucking horse.
6. To become suddenly lower; decrease dramatically: Stock prices plunged during the banking crisis.
7. To speculate or gamble extravagantly.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »

I think you are 100% on the money.

America for guys like Cheney and Bush is just a big piggy bank of other peoples money-that they can raid.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »
I think he is using an acceptable word.

plunge (plnj)
v. plunged, plung·ing, plung·es
v.tr.
1. To thrust or throw forcefully into a substance or place: "Plunge the lobsters, head first, into a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water" Craig Claiborne.
2. To cast suddenly, violently, or deeply into a given state or situation: "The street was plunged in cool shadow" Richard Wright.
v.intr.
1. To fall or throw oneself into a substance or place: We plunged into the icy mountain lake.
2. To throw oneself earnestly or wholeheartedly into an activity or situation: plunged into my studies.
3. To enter or move headlong through something: The hunting dogs plunged into the forest.
4. To descend steeply; fall precipitously: a cliff that plunges to the sea.
5. To move forward and downward violently: The rider plunged from the bucking horse.
6. To become suddenly lower; decrease dramatically: Stock prices plunged during the banking crisis.
7. To speculate or gamble extravagantly.

lol--I stand corrected then.

phish

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 08:18:24 AM »
if 123 is low i feel sad for you, under clinton it was what 30 bucs or less.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 08:23:18 AM »

Booohooohooo to the Libs

Yes. Lets watch the prices of everything else fall back to 2005 levels and lets watch the real estate market stabilize. Oh ya, the market is in the low 11,000's, that's not quite 14,000 is it?
a

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 08:39:24 AM »
Moose, I say "You're falling into an old commercialized trap/scheme that Big Business has been conducting for many years!"

And it's very simple scheme - Raise the price of an item by a dollar and then soon after reduce it by a dime. We'll be happy with that ten-cent discount. And when we're  just about happy enough, raise it by another dollar followed by another ten-cent discount. And as the years go by we'll simply be getting pissed off when it's $12 a gallon and when they reduce it to eleven-fifty ....... we'll be happy!"

I have a bridge, I'd like to ........ Awe forget that!

Stunt, ...... By your way of thinking ..... "A gloomer and a doomer see'er of the future."

How are your hospital visits coming along, Moose? I'm heading to the USA in five minutes (310 miles east from this beach-house pad) and should keep some of you positive GetBiggers up to date in "Kansas City". (Inside joke!)

PS... I do not offer reports on receeding hairlines, bulky blunders, fashion errors, whom fucks whom, or (in this one case) anything outside of the BB competition and contest venue. Those of us who prefer to redicule the guys and gals who have put their life on hold these past few months might prefer to stick with the Sunday comics or a "Happily Ever After" tale.

This is real life folks!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »
Funny, people wanted to blame him for the increase but not give credit for dropping?

So which is it?  Is he responsible for both?  Or neither?

My belief is that pricks in the mid east are causig the demand shortage, but since bush devalued the dollar by borrowing $4.5 trillion bucks in the last 7 years, we have no bargaining power with the saudis anymore.

Clinton didn't borrow 4.5 trillion bucks.  Bush actually had to borrow from the NEXT President with those silly economic stimulus checks, just to keep the economy afloat.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »

Gayer than thinking long-term pricing trends have to do with anything other than the market forces of supply and demand.  Anyone who thinks prices are the fabrication and whim of some executive sitting behind a desk really needs to take an economics 101 class.

Ever heard of enron and the California Energy "crisis"? If that isnt price manipulation I don't know what is.
Also take a look at the value of Diamonds and How DeBeors (sp?) Controls the prices of that industry.

affy

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 09:30:57 AM »
You can laugh when it is 50$ at x-mas, tovarisch

bookmarked this thread so I can bump it on Christmas when oil is still hovering at $120+/barrel

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 10:12:36 AM »
I remember when oil hit $50 a barrel and it was such a big deal, now 120 is something possitive...
tank u jesus

The Coach

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 10:48:28 AM »
So which is it?  Is he responsible for both?  Or neither?

Neither.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 11:31:07 AM »
 I'm trading oil and currencies right now. Just made $1,200.00 on the Pound/USD and $900.00 on the Crude Oil futures. Both these trades only took about 10 minutes.