Author Topic: here you go candidizzle; high protein and health effects  (Read 2546 times)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: here you go candidizzle; high protein and health effects
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »
is it even worth weight training if you are not eating a 500 plus grammes of protein a day then?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 02:41:42 PM »
Extremely high amounts of protein (in excess of 2.5 grams per kilogram a day) may be harmful to both kidneys and liver over a period of time. There is evidence that excessively high protein intake over a number of years may result in decreased kidney function and possible kidney failure in some individuals.

Even higher protein intake can be more immediately toxic because excessive acids that cannot be excreted cause undesirable changes in body functioning. Fortunately the human body has developed an effective mechanism against excessive protein intake in that people lose the desire to eat proteins when intake is too high. There appears to be no such satiety limit for carbohydrates.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 06:31:19 AM »
i dont bother to answer, because NO, they werent serious questions.

protein builds muscle. not carbs. not fats. PROTEIN. you want muscle? eat protein. there is no disputing that. all you fans of "KISS". there you go. protein=muscle.

Wow... You truly have the comprehension ability of a 14 year old. Seriously. My 12 year old brother could have posed a more logical response than that.

1- Why do you not think they were serious?
2- If you could not graps the "underlying meaning" of the whole argument, basically i was saying - PROVE TO ME beyond means more than just the physical end result you see with your eyes (this being the bodybuilder) - These means could include science, which I can already tell you are not the brightest person... so lets throw that one out the window. Whatever evidence you can find suggesting MORE protein =  more muscle, allow me to see.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:40 AM »
Extremely high amounts of protein (in excess of 2.5 grams per kilogram a day) may be harmful to both kidneys and liver over a period of time. There is evidence that excessively high protein intake over a number of years may result in decreased kidney function and possible kidney failure in some individuals.

Back it up.

Every single study I've read said that a high protein diet is not harmful unless you have some pre-existing issues.