Author Topic: Desperate people, desperate times...  (Read 4891 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Desperate people, desperate times...
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 07:33:54 PM »

I dont think this is any more of an assumption than saying conservatives probably own more guns than liberals b/c the NRA is made up primarily of conservatives.

Fair enough, but an assumption none the less right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 07:45:36 PM »
Fair enough, but an assumption none the less right?
true but no bigger than the one that 240 implied earlier, why is it you didnt question that one? maybe it wasnt as obvious to you

p.s. did you hear about the gitmo detainee that was released and performed a terrorist attack? I thought you said if they were released then we had no reason to hold them in the first place?  ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11:08 PM »
true but no bigger than the one that 240 implied earlier, why is it you didnt question that one? maybe it wasnt as obvious to you

p.s. did you hear about the gitmo detainee that was released and performed a terrorist attack? I thought you said if they were released then we had no reason to hold them in the first place?  ;D

did i?

You mean people who serve prison sentences when released don't ever commit crimes afterwards?  NO WAY!

Did they use due process to determine he actually committed terrorist acts?  Maybe he was wrongly accused and had a vendetta.

Or better yet, maybe he was a BIG time terrorist and becuase they didn't use due process never figured that out and then they let a BIG time terrorist go.

;D

As for 240.  I am of the same assumption that conservatives own more guns than liberals.  I freely admit it.   ;D

You had 2 assumptions:

1.  Conservatives own more guns
2.  People who illegally own guns are liberal

Which shows less objectivity?

;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »
did i?

You mean people who serve prison sentences when released don't ever commit crimes afterwards?  NO WAY!

Did they use due process to determine he actually committed terrorist acts?  Maybe he was wrongly accused and had a vendetta.

Or better yet, maybe he was a BIG time terrorist and becuase they didn't use due process never figured that out and then they let a BIG time terrorist go.

;D

As for 240.  I am of the same assumption that conservatives own more guns than liberals.  I freely admit it.   ;D

You had 2 assumptions:

1.  Conservatives own more guns
2.  People who illegally own guns are liberal

Which shows less objectivity?

;D
LOL knew you were gonna say that for the first part :D

I never said they were liberal, only that the likely hood of them aligning themselves with the liberal party as opposed to the conservative party was high and if you follow my line of thinking which the stats backup. Its not a far jump at all like i said i dont think its any more of an assumption that conservatives own more guns than liberals, so they are equal in objectivity.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 08:29:05 PM »
LOL knew you were gonna say that for the first part :D

I never said they were liberal, only that the likely hood of them aligning themselves with the liberal party as opposed to the conservative party was high and if you follow my line of thinking which the stats backup. Its not a far jump at all like i said i dont think its any more of an assumption that conservatives own more guns than liberals, so they are equal in objectivity.

You ever think about running for office?   ;D

here's what you said:

depends on how you look at it, on paper i would definitely agree that more conservatives on guns than liberals but if you take in all the illegal guns and who owns those probably about equal.

I'm not sure if you left a few words out, but i'm "assuming" you meant:  Liberals owns less guns but if you take in all the illegals guns and who owns them those probably make them (conservatives and democrats) about equal.

Which would imply people who own illegal guns are mostly liberal, in fact enough so that it would make ownship rates between conservatives and liberal equal.

That seems skewed as hell.  Unless of course there are stats and studies to back that up.  which there might be. i donno.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »
You ever think about running for office?   ;D

here's what you said:

I'm not sure if you left a few words out, but i'm "assuming" you meant:  Liberals owns less guns but if you take in all the illegals guns and who owns them those probably make them (conservatives and democrats) about equal.

Which would imply people who own illegal guns are mostly liberal, in fact enough so that it would make ownship rates between conservatives and liberal equal.

That seems skewed as hell.  Unless of course there are stats and studies to back that up.  which there might be. i donno.

LOL na to many skeletons in this closet

Did you see my other post and follow my line of logic? I never said that ppl who illegally own guns are automatically liberal, which is what you implied. I stated that b/c of the social/economic class, race and age of those who are generally caught with illegal/unregistered guns and the political allegiance that those individuals generally have, it is a logical following of facts that lead to a conclusion that i have come up with, what part dont you agree with?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
LOL na to many skeletons in this closet

Did you see my other post and follow my line of logic? I never said that ppl who illegally own guns are automatically liberal, which is what you implied. I stated that b/c of the social/economic class, race and age of those who are generally caught with illegal/unregistered guns and the political allegiance that those individuals generally have, it is a logical following of facts that lead to a conclusion that i have come up with, what part dont you agree with?

I read your logic.

You are assuming people who get caught with guns are liberals because of social/economic class, race and age.  It's assumptive logic, and reasonable.  But assumptive none the less.  and without fact in the form of stats and studies.  But like i said, reasonable to assume.  I don't agree or disagree because you or I don't really know for sure. 

One thing now is, do these people that are getting caught with illegal guns have any real political allegiance to begin with outside of what they are conditioned to think and regurgitate like knee jerk reactions?  How many people really ever take inventory of what they actually believe and how that lines them up politically?     

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 09:05:47 PM »

I read your logic.

You are assuming people who get caught with guns are liberals because of social/economic class, race and age.  It's assumptive logic, and reasonable.  But assumptive none the less.  and without fact in the form of stats and studies.  But like i said, reasonable to assume.  I don't agree or disagree because you or I don't really know for sure. 

One thing now is, do these people that are getting caught with illegal guns have any real political allegiance to begin with outside of what they are conditioned to think and regurgitate like knee jerk reactions?  How many people really ever take inventory of what they actually believe and how that lines them up politically?     
agreed and it is an assumption but the same assumption is made when you say conservatives own more guns. What studies have been done to show that the majority of people who own guns are conservatives and not only vote but vote along party lines. I tried another search of the net and came up with nada, or nothing i really wanted to read indepth anyway...lol its late.