Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman sueing Golds Gym??? WTF!  (Read 16040 times)

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie C sueing Golds Gym??? wtf
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »
"I will find out the exactly tomorrow. But, I would think he has no basis for the suit"  ??? maybe you should have found out the curcumstances before you brand him a typical asshole.  If you don't know 'the exactly' how do you know he has no basis. What is they used his image in their advertising? isn't that a good basis.  Don't rememeber if it was Cutler or Dexter who sued a supplement company a about 1yr ago for using their image on their bottle.

Doesn't GOld's gym have all the posters of the Olympia winners and hall of famers? Can they ALL sue gold's gym??

There's a big difference between having pics on a wall and using it in an ad IF that's what they did.

I like Jay Cutler I think he's a smart business man and I assure you he would sue anyone who used his image or name without his consent.  Jay has a ton of sponsers that might pull out if anyone could use his image for free.  I promise you if Jay Cutler's picture showed up on a BSN product both Jay and Muscletech would sue.  If Golds wants to use his picture they should pay him.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
I like Jay Cutler I think he's a smart business man and I assure you he would sue anyone who used his image or name without his consent.  Jay has a ton of sponsers that might pull out if anyone could use his image for free.  I promise you if Jay Cutler's picture showed up on a BSN product both Jay and Muscletech would sue.  If Golds wants to use his picture they should pay him.
Very true, it's business.  It puzzles me why so many people are faulting him for suing them for allegedly profitting off his image without his consent or compensating him.  Either jealousy or very ignorant or both.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 10:57:45 AM »
Ronnie Coleman, who has been crowned Mr. Olympia (do they crown them??) eight times, is suing Gold's Gym for allegedly using his muscles to lure in members.

In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Coleman claims Gold's used a photo of him to advertise Gold's ... a photo that was plastered on posters.

Coleman is suing for misappropriation of image, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment. He's seeking unspecified damages and an injunction putting the kibosh on the poster.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/28/mr-olympia-rages-at-golds-gym/

good for him

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »
Well if Gold's used his imgae on a poster for advertisement then Coleman should sure them  From the original post I thought it was for having his picture up in the gym like they do so many others.  NO way in hell could he sure for that.  But if it was an advertisement then he could defintiely sue them.  I hope he wins millions

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »
hAHAHA, yeah i'm sure all the old fogies and soccer moms were joining in droves because Ronnie's picture was on the poster. ::)

Apparently you have to ask people before you plaster their face (probably the second most famous in bodybuilding at the moment) all over everything. Hope this heps.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »
Ronnie Coleman, who has been crowned Mr. Olympia (do they crown them??) eight times, is suing Gold's Gym for allegedly using his muscles to lure in members.

In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Coleman claims Gold's used a photo of him to advertise Gold's ... a photo that was plastered on posters.

Coleman is suing for misappropriation of image, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment. He's seeking unspecified damages and an injunction putting the kibosh on the poster.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/28/mr-olympia-rages-at-golds-gym/

You mean to tell me Ronnie has already spent all of his Olympia earning and is making a desperate move to find another source of income?  That was quick!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 01:28:24 PM »
what is "sueing"?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »
You mean to tell me Ronnie has already spent all of his Olympia earning and is making a desperate move to find another source of income?  That was quick!

He drive Bently's and AMG's I don't know how he can still afford that :(

Anyone can shed some more light on the subject?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »
If Golds were using Ronnie's likeness to sell their product he has every right to sue and I hope he wins.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »
He drive Bently's and AMG's I don't know how he can still afford that :(

Anyone can shed some more light on the subject?
pretty sure he bought those flat out.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »
his a scumbag, would jay do that?

no, because Jay is not good enough to use on a poster.

he would LOSE business for Gold's 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
no, because Jay is not good enough to use on a poster.

he would LOSE business for Gold's 8)
and ronnie makes them come in droves?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie Coleman sueing Golds Gym??? WTF!
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »
It has nothing to do with posters on the wall. Come on now!

They are selling memberships and putting pictures of Ronnie on flyers and advertisements to generate business. You can't do that with someone's image, saying Ronnie Coleman represents Gold's Gym.

If you want to use someone's image for a flyer or business, you need permission.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »
It has nothing to do with posters on the wall. Come on now!

They are selling memberships and putting pictures of Ronnie on flyers and advertisements to generate business. You can't do that with someone's image, saying Ronnie Coleman represents Gold's Gym.

If you want to use someone's image for a flyer or business, you need permission.

well if it's on flyers that different, an obvious marketing tool, i thought it was just a pic on the wall..

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »
and ronnie makes them come in droves?

well, they want his physique on their advertising, so yes, apparently..

someone thinks so.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »
well, they want his physique on their advertising, so yes, apparently..

someone thinks so.
if there trying to attract the "bodybuilding" crowd then thats a good idea, but for the average joe/jane its repulsive.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
I wonder if Ronnie got premission or paid royalities to the music creators for his posing music? Or the music he was playing on the radio(in his car) that was then put into a DVD for his profit? 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
I wonder if Ronnie got premission or paid royalities to the music creators for his posing music? Or the music he was playing on the radio(in his car) that was then put into a DVD for his profit? 

Actually if I remember right the promoter pays ASCAP so the music used is not a problem

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
Actually if I remember right the promoter pays ASCAP so the music used is not a problem

thats cool...What about his DVD stuff?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 12:23:55 AM »
thats cool...What about his DVD stuff?
he would of been sued by now if it was a problem

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »

I think you're in the first scene of bigger faster stronger, in the crowd there lol.
(I'm watching it right now)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 01:34:00 AM »
pretty sure he bought those flat out.
no he did not...

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
if there trying to attract the "bodybuilding" crowd then thats a good idea, but for the average joe/jane its repulsive.
Who gives a shit! Have you seen what the average joe/jane looks like these days? Now THAT is repulsive.
Fat fucks >:(

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »
no he did not...
yes he did, stop hating.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
I dont have a problem suing folks for using my face when I was in the top 10 Mr. O in early 90s, but point is like every bodybuilder before him he aint gonna get squat out of it.  Many have tried before him he is no different in the bodybuilding world....a hormonalized, lifting weight, big SOB, trying to get paid.......

And he will get paid in today's climate.  Company has no release from him to use his pic/likeness to advertise their gym--they will pay out some $$$$....