Author Topic: Mike Ohearn in Ironman Magazine.  (Read 7055 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: Mike Ohearn in Ironman Magazine.
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
Oh I have no doubt that he's extremely strong. It's just that those lifts are slightly over what I feel he's capable of, the bench a lot over his true max.

I'm too lazy to look for his exact comp results but his comp maxes are way less than what was quoted here.

Yeah I don't know if he could bench 600 or not.  But you've gotta figure that if Chris Bell can get 525 with a shirt in that powerlifting competition he was in for Bigger, Faster, Stronger, that Mike could probably get it in a situation such as that.  I'm pretty sure I've seen him do 4 or 5 reps with 405 on the bench before and they were perfect form.  Slow.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
Yeah I don't know if he could bench 600 or not.  But you've gotta figure that if Chris Bell can get 525 with a shirt in that powerlifting competition he was in for Bigger, Faster, Stronger, that Mike could probably get it in a situation such as that.  I'm pretty sure I've seen him do 4 or 5 reps with 405 on the bench before and they were perfect form.  Slow.

chainsaw said that bench was without a shirt though. Obviously impossible if he only does 5 reps with 405. With a shirt? Sure, not hard to believe at all.

A raw 800+ squat? Same thing.

Don't know how old this interview is but

O'Hearn's best competitive lifts include a 505-pound bench press, a 760 squat and a 733 deadlift at a bodyweight of 242.

Those are his equipped lifts. Or were.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index.cfm?page=article&go2=908&StartRow=1

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »
just for uniformity
I am a big baby

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »
chainsaw said that bench was without a shirt though. Obviously impossible if he only does 5 reps with 405. With a shirt? Sure, not hard to believe at all.

A raw 800+ squat? Same thing.

Don't know how old this interview is but

Those are his equipped lifts. Or were.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index.cfm?page=article&go2=908&StartRow=1

Alright well I'm out of this because to be honest with you I can't even remember exactly what I've seen him do.  LOL  It might have been 455 I've seen him do for 4.  I can't recall for sure.  I'll say this, though...if he really can't read or write then that's the only thing that could explain why he is so superhumanly strong like he is and actually natural...as much of a handicap his lacking literacy must be for him, he's just as gifted on the other end of it physique/strength-wise.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
Alright well I'm out of this because to be honest with you I can't even remember exactly what I've seen him do.  LOL  It might have been 455 I've seen him do for 4.  I can't recall for sure.  I'll say this, though...if he really can't read or write then that's the only thing that could explain why he is so superhumanly strong like he is and actually natural...as much of a handicap his lacking literacy must be for him, he's just as gifted on the other end of it physique/strength-wise.
PED all day long
I am a big baby