Author Topic: uncomfortble 'pop' in elbow and shoulder  (Read 5681 times)

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
uncomfortble 'pop' in elbow and shoulder
« on: September 20, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
im just getting back into training after almost 2 year lay off, and when i try to lift, not even heavy. on exercises like flat bench, skull crushers, close grip , even pushups etc. on my left arm, my elbow sort of 'pops'. i never had this problem before, its not exruciating pain or anything, its just really wierd/annoying feeling, same with my shoulder. but its my elbow that particularly annoys me.
do any of you know what this is and how to mitigate it?

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: uncomfortble 'pop' in elbow and shoulder
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:13:22 PM »
bump

The Coach

Re: uncomfortble 'pop' in elbow and shoulder
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:13:14 AM »
im just getting back into training after almost 2 year lay off, and when i try to lift, not even heavy. on exercises like flat bench, skull crushers, close grip , even pushups etc. on my left arm, my elbow sort of 'pops'. i never had this problem before, its not exruciating pain or anything, its just really wierd/annoying feeling, same with my shoulder. but its my elbow that particularly annoys me.
do any of you know what this is and how to mitigate it?

I'd have to say that most people have some sort of cracking, popping or a feeling like it's "catching" in either one joint or another. There could be a few causes of it particularly in the elbows. When a ligament moves within it's normal ROM you can feel or hear the "popping". If there's no pain I wouldn't worry about. But if there is pain associated with it, you might want to have it checked out.

Now, when hear about people that have things like this, one of the first things I ask if they are warming up and if they are what are they doing? One thing I would do though is stay away from straight bar anything as it relates to upper body movements. Using a straight bar restricts your joint mobility that could cause impingement's.