Author Topic: Active release technique  (Read 3511 times)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
Active release technique
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
Anybody ever have this done before?  I've had a significant amount of low back pain from a botched deadlift back in January that's been pretty much shutting down the left side of my body.  After suffering for 7 months I made an appointment with a chiropractor who specializes in active release, and just saw him an hour ago.  My back and glutes were so stiff that I couldn't even get a 90 degree bend on my legs doing a leg press with an empty machine, and after my appointment this morning I tried it again and dropped my legs to my chest with 3 plates per side with absolutely no pain whatsoever.  Phenomenal.

I saw a guy in Sacramento, if anybody here wants his info PM me.  He's fully certified in ART, has a background in neurology, he's basically the shit.  Well worth the $100.

The Coach

Re: Active release technique
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »
Yes, I have it done with my shoulder, there are not that many Chiros that know the ART technique, but if it's done right and the damage isn't too bad, it can work wonders.

io856

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:19:01 PM »
ART is very good

My physio used it to correct my left scapula which was not moving correctly

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:52:26 PM »
come up to Canada.  I guarantee 80% of the chiros here, including me, can do the technique, even if we're not "CERTIFIED" in it.   We learn myofascial release techniques as part of our education.. 

Trigenics, while not as popular, is another treatment system that has dramatic effects.  I use it on all my patients.