Author Topic: What is the best approach to dieting  (Read 5359 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
What is the best approach to dieting
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »
Im talking about getting nasty shredded lean, not just losing a few lbs so u can looks presentable at the beach.

Just about everyone has a different opinion on this topic, so this should be good :)

Discuss.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: What is the best approach to dieting
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
boring and consistent.  As your weight goes down so should your caloric intake.  This is the biggest mistake most people make and plateau.

They start with for example 2000 calories of rice chicken, fish, veggie etc... per day.  They are now in a deficit of calories and quickly lose 20 pounds in a few weeks with added cardio then plateau because now their caloric deficit is not that much anymroe because their caloric needs have gone down.  You have to be consistent with lowering your calories so that your body is always in a deficit.

Drink WATER, lot of water and only water.  Screw all of these artificial sweeteners.

Do you know why most people fail when dieting?  The Brain.  They are never hungry for food.  They crave food and cravings are mental and not physical.  You crave what you see others having or what you used to have or what the TV shows you.  You're eating food so your body is not hungry.

Be consistent and patient.  12-16 weeks is a long time eating chicken, fish, broccoli and oatmeal.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »
I generally follow this approach.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »
Apparently kamali does as well  ;D
follow the arrows

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »
Apparently kamali does as well  ;D

;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:28 PM »
an approach where you embrace the pain, love to feel like shit, enjoy cardio, and hate flavor.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 10:31:13 PM »
Suround yourself with only the foods needed for your diet, nothing else extra in your house that will tempt you, I found this to work great. Tons of water it definitely keeps you feeling full.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 12:08:19 AM »

can i use this approach on monday :)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 02:48:40 AM »
boring and consistent.  As your weight goes down so should your caloric intake.  This is the biggest mistake most people make and plateau.

They start with for example 2000 calories of rice chicken, fish, veggie etc... per day.  They are now in a deficit of calories and quickly lose 20 pounds in a few weeks with added cardio then plateau because now their caloric deficit is not that much anymroe because their caloric needs have gone down.  You have to be consistent with lowering your calories so that your body is always in a deficit.

Drink WATER, lot of water and only water.  Screw all of these artificial sweeteners.

Do you know why most people fail when dieting?  The Brain.  They are never hungry for food.  They crave food and cravings are mental and not physical.  You crave what you see others having or what you used to have or what the TV shows you.  You're eating food so your body is not hungry.

Be consistent and patient.  12-16 weeks is a long time eating chicken, fish, broccoli and oatmeal.

Good post. In theory it's not that complicated to get ripped.  I stay fat most of the time because my mind is weak. "It's not that important to be cut" is the idea that pops into my head when calories are lowered.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 04:28:35 AM »
some like to eat low GI foods like brown rice and oatmeal because it's the 'right' thing to do... then there are other that eat ricecakes, dextrose and white rice. and are more ripped than anyone...

weird ???
tank u jesus

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 05:55:50 AM »
Protein and water baby - protein and water.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 06:13:42 AM »
some like to eat low GI foods like brown rice and oatmeal because it's the 'right' thing to do... then there are other that eat ricecakes, dextrose and white rice. and are more ripped than anyone...

weird ???

GI is pretty useless IMO.

dustin

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 07:23:18 AM »
I wouldn't say that GI is anywhere near useless per se, but definitely over played. I eat white rice as my main source of carbs pretty much and my insulin sensitivity is improving greatly. That's because everywhere else, I am making great dietary decisions.

I think people get too adamant and burn themselves out before they actually lose any fat. They shed some water and lose glycogen, then when it comes to actual fat burning they hit the wall and give up. Well, it's easy to shed water. Fat loss is much more difficult, but far from impossible

Start slowly and use process of elimination. Eliminate shitty decisions like eating pizza or sweets before bed, something I had a problem with. Clean up the diet by removing very high GI foods wherever it's inappropriate. This in itself will probably mean that your daily caloric intake has dropped by a couple hundred calories (hopefully not any more than that!), so you should already be on your way to fat loss.

From there, that's when you have to start tweaking your macro break up, as well as timing. That is when real fat loss occurs, and when fat loss gets tricky. I think so many people just start shoveling down salad and slamming water, only to disappoint themselves a couple weeks later when nothing happens. Start with the small, easy steps first. Then start getting more and more diligent with your dieting. People try to reach the end product before they move towards their goal. Goals need to be set and met in increments, the same logic applies to just about anything.

I can't help but pity all the people that give up so quickly, not because they aren't reaching their desired results though. I pity these people because they're so stupid and weak minded. You can be pretty stupid and still lose weight and look fantastic, but as long as you have some direction and a smidgen of self discipline then you can go far. A lot of people over estimate how strong they are mentally. People are generally idiots, and don't have much will power whatsoever. True story.

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
I like Keto diets, because you are never hungry on them.
I tried it for about 6 weeks last year and I dropped weight VERY VERY fast. like.. I was nearly in contest shape after only 4 weeks or so.

but I was also very flat and I looked think until I added some carbs back in.

I think Keto diets are the best for huge motherfuckers who look big even when they are flat

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
I like to do about 100 grams of carbs a day with about 200 grams protein, from clean sources, for 14 days straight. Then two days at about 250-300 carbs and then repeat.  Also will do 1 good paced 45 minute cardio session in the morning (I have 2 cardio machines in my house in front of a nice TV upstairs) and one low intensisty walking 45 min session in evening. This gets me shredded.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »
an approach where you embrace the pain, love to feel like shit, enjoy cardio, and hate flavor.

This is exactly what one must do to achieve a certain level. Some would think that living like this is not normal, and I would agree. Bodybuilding is not for everyone, and this is what separates a true bodybuilder from a wannabe. The best approach is to stay dedicated year round, one cheat meal per week where you eat whatever you want(ONLY AT THAT MEAL), and then just add cardio come contest prep.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
I tried it for about 6 weeks last year and I dropped weight VERY VERY fast. like.. I was nearly in contest shape after only 4 weeks or so.

I think Keto diets are the best for huge motherfuckers who look big even when they are flat

Stavios...do you have any added info on this or any links?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »
boring and consistent.  As your weight goes down so should your caloric intake. 

Though that's the accepted theory of truth, you can also keep upping your activity levels, while eating the same amount of calories. Then when you stagnate, you can drop your calories. I think people should do one OR the other, and if they do both, that's when they start to look flat and stringy....

GI is pretty useless IMO.

Agreed 100%

RYAN1

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 11:16:50 PM »
King the Crazyness you are Referin to ???/Would I be Correct sayong Carbing Up on Slin
and then Taking up to 10000g of Carbs in form of Vitargo  (Waxi Maize)  to load up????
That can be Disasterous!!!!!!!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »

Elaborate on this Keto diet.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
Elaborate on this Keto diet.

the type of Keto diet I tried last year was Palumbo's version.

high protein-moderate fat- very low carbs.

like I said, you shred fat like crazy on this and you are never hungry with no mood swings but you need to have a lot of thickness to your muscles or you will look flat.

I am pretty skinny myself so I can't use this type of diet or I look even skinnier

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »

like I said, you shred fat like crazy on this and you are never hungry with no mood swings but you need to have a lot of thickness to your muscles or you will look flat.
I am pretty skinny myself so I can't use this type of diet or I look even skinnier

yea your going to look flat, but your weekly carb ups should help and keeping your essential fats higher gives ur muscles a more full feeling.

Also supplementing with creatine and glutamine help a tiny bit. But not much  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 05:53:05 AM »

Gotcha. Thanks, Stavios.

Polska_Sensation

• Getbig II
  • Only bitch do dumble kick backs
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 07:25:35 AM »
High Protein, Moderate Fat, Zero Carb except for pre-workout and one cheat meal a week, You follow this and you will get shreddeed PERIOD

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
High Protein, Moderate Fat, Zero Carb except for pre-workout and one cheat meal a week, You follow this and you will get shreddeed PERIOD

And tiny !